Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Did Ahab ever rape Rachel? Did that happen when she was a teenager?
    No, she was just a kid when he first owned her and treated her only as his favorite tortured pet/victim. His obsession came after she escaped and he realised how much he valued her as his personal Hound in a sick series of mental gymnastics. He also couldn't accept that the Hound he favored and personally groomed had managed to escape.

He later expressed sexual interest in her after she was freed and she met a younger version of him who turned into Ahab thus the younger version's attraction is his too.

Ahab than became obsessed with owning Rachel and getting her back as she is his favorite in a screwed up way.

Now Ahab has her back and this time she isn't a child but an adult. He has been obsessing over getting her back for years and is, thanks to his younger version, canonically interested in her sexually. Helps that she looks 100% human too.

He isn't going to let her go easily and will assuredly torture her and use every means possible to fully break her so that she WANTS to be his personal Hound and faithfully do anything and everything he wants. Rachel is his greatest victim and his shame for letting her break free from being his victim up to this point. He won't tolerate it again.

There is also huge sexual undertones with him being her "Master" and her being his "Slave" and her put in a gimp BDSM suit with collar against her will that cannot be overlooked any longer because of his sexual interest in her being canon.

So her being made to run back into his arms is at a similar level of when the Avengers let Carol Danvers, Captain Marvel, be taken by her rapist.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 12-21-2018 at 09:56 AM.

BANNED

I want you to know that, we Scott's fans and Emma fans understand exactly what you Rachel's fans are feeling. :/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    No, she was just a kid when he first owned her and treated her only as his favorite tortured pet/victim. His obsession came after she escaped and he realised how much he valued her as his personal Hound.

He later expressed sexual interest in her after she was freed and she met a younger version of him who turned into Ahab thus the younger versions attraction is his too.

Ahab than became obsessed with owning Rachel and getting her back as she is his favorite in a screwed up way.

Now Ahab has her back and this time she isn't a child but an adult. He has been obsessing over getting her back for years and is, thanks to his younger version, canonically interested in her sexually. Helps that she looks 100% human too.

There is also huge sexual undertones with him being her "Master" and her being his "Slave" and her put in a gimp BDSM suit with collar against her will that cannot be overlooked any longer because of his sexual interest in her being canon.

So her being made to run back into his arms is at a similar level of when the Avengers let Carol Danvers, Captain Marvel, be taken by her rapist.
    This is fucked up btw.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    No, she was just a kid when he first owned her and treated her only as his favorite tortured pet/victim. His obsession came after she escaped and he realised how much he valued her as his personal Hound.

He later expressed sexual interest in her after she was freed and she met a younger version of him who turned into Ahab thus the younger version's attraction is his too.

Ugh, No
    this is going too far. Things aren't that bad.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    I want you to know that, we Scott's fans and Emma fans understand exactly what you Rachel's fans are feeling. :/
    Thanks CC. I appreciate it. I think I'll be more levelheaded about this by next week, but the writers really have me made me enraged for a variety of reasons. Aside form the obvious, I'm really the most pissed at Brisson for making Jean appear apathetic in Extermination towards Rachel (in both issue 1 and 5). I know it's not what we just saw in Red, but it's really disheartening to see Jean be caring in Red, apathetic in Extermination, and then talk about how family means everything in The Exterminated.

Meanwhile I'm done with the X-books until Barb... I mean Rachel receives justice and a good plot and story.
    #justiceforrachel

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Ugh, No
    You could view it as actually worse than Avengers #200 because at least the Avengers genuinely thought Carol was happy and okay and their error was not really thinking about it (insert jab about current X-writers/editors doing the same). Meanwhile, the X-Men know exactly what's happening and really just don't care.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Thanks CC. I appreciate it. I think I'll be more levelheaded about this by next week, but the writers really have me made me enraged for a variety of reasons. Aside form the obvious, I'm really the most pissed at Brisson for making Jean appear apathetic in Extermination towards Rachel (in both issue 1 and 5). I know it's not what we just saw in Red, but it's really disheartening to see Jean be caring in Red, apathetic in Extermination, and then talk about how family means everything in The Exterminated.

Meanwhile I'm done with the X-books until Barb... I mean Rachel receives justice and a good plot and story.
    #justiceforrachel
    Just like what Snoop Dogg said; A sociopath lol

It was bound to happen but I never imagined it would be this bad.

It's like the writers and editors totally ignored or just didn't care about the implications or the established history between Rachel and Ahab.

It's the only explanation on why this was green lighted.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 12-21-2018 at 10:33 AM.

Ugh, No
    Ahab literally raped her mind as a child to turn her into his personal Hound.

He literally has sexual desire for her in canon.

He literally enjoys torturing her personally and is obsessed with owning her.

He literally loves taking away her ability to say No to him and dressing her in a gimp BDSM suit with a collar and leash.

The implications are massive and it is all kinds of screwed up.

So no. It isn't too far because it's accurate on what they did to Rachel with Extermination.

Worse is that her friends and family know nearly all of this and are written as not caring one bit.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 12-21-2018 at 10:33 AM.

Ultimate Member

Ugh, No
    Yet...they're not that bad...yet...and Jean could care less...

The only way around that is if she were to think that whatever Baby Cable is doing will stop all of that from happening in the first place, time travel and all...

Honestly, whatever Scott or Emma have suffered in the past few years is nothing compared to the decades of jobbing, neglect, and sidelining that Rachel has gotten. There hasn't been a Rachel story since the 90s where I haven't thought to myself "Rachel is supposed to be more skilled/powerful than that." or "Rachel deserves better than that." Being a Rachel fan is hard, especially if she's your most favorite character.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Honestly, whatever Scott or Emma have suffered in the past few years is nothing compared to the decades of jobbing, neglect, and sidelining that Rachel has gotten. There hasn't been a Rachel story since the 90s where I haven't thought to myself "Rachel is supposed to be more skilled/powerful than that." or "Rachel deserves better than that." Being a Rachel fan is hard, especially if she's your most favorite character.
    Yes sister yes

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Y'know, I think only fans of each character can tell how much they have suffered from Marvel's decisions in recent years.
    I hope your favorite character will never receive the same treatment Scott received from the x-office in the last few years, or the hatred he's been receiving from x-readers for over 30 years.
    Either way, I'm really rooting for you guys. I really hope that Rachel can have a chance to play in the majors yet again and get the fair and equitable treatment she deserves.

Mighty Member

Let her hang out with the FF or the Guardians of the Galaxy. Just giving her some distance from the X-Men might do her well. Excalibur was pretty good considering the X-Office didn't exactly run it at the time.

Just wanted to drop in and say that even though I’m a die-hard Jean stan, I’ve always had a soft spot for Rach’. When I was a kid and Jean died back in ‘03, Rachel in CC’s UXM run after X-Treme kept me invested in the comics. I think it was pretty shitty how Jean was written as having little to no reaction of Rachel’s entrapment as a Hound to Ahab, especially after their relationship had been developed more lovingly by Taylor in XM Red. I have a feeling that, in the new X-Force book, Rachel will, for the first few arcs be a secondary villain alongside Ahab but will eventually be freed of Ahab’s influence by Kid Cable and his team. Hoping the psychological fallout of Rachel’s encounter with Ahab will be respectfully explored by whichever writer is to utilise her next but unfortunately, with Rachel’s track record with writers as of late, I’m not gonna hold my breath...