Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    So... Did he spare Rachel because he cares, in a twisted way, for his favorite and best Hound or he wants to try and make her a Hound again?
    Killing Hank who is a founding member of the X-Men and a young X-Man would potentially screw up the primary defenders of mutant's past. Ahab is trying to change the future to his benefit. I think Rachel is a non factor, and that's why he spared her. She's almost irrelevant to what he is now trying to do by killing the o5 who are time displaced.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Honestly, I think it'll be new uniforms all around when we get to Uncanny #11 (first issue after Disassembled) and the launch of any other spin-offs. If she's on a team, she'll probably get a new look.
    If she makes the Extermination cut, we can ask/hope for a new costume and codename. In the meantime while I'm happy Brisson has plans for Rachel, I don't know if there is a maniacal laugh after that statement or not....

Fantastic Member

They should have Kris Anka design it or whoever designed the X-Men Blue costumes. And a ponytail or braided hair please
    Last edited by Cerridwen; 09-17-2018 at 06:09 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Lord no, spare us from Anka. Ask Copiel for a costume.

Anka's designs for Psylocke, Storm, and Scarlet Witch were fantastic.

I really hope it!!

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Killing Hank who is a founding member of the X-Men and a young X-Man would potentially screw up the primary defenders of mutant's past. Ahab is trying to change the future to his benefit. I think Rachel is a non factor, and that's why he spared her. She's almost irrelevant to what he is now trying to do by killing the o5 who are time displaced.
    Maybe but then he could have just killed her. He chose not to and said she would survive. He might be feeling an attachment to her because he could never replace her as she is still the best he ever had.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Hmmm... Think Rachel will survive Extermination? With her ongoing gone they may tale her out before sending the O5 back so that only Jean can be the redhead telepath.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Hmmm... Think Rachel will survive Extermination? With her ongoing gone they may tale her out before sending the O5 back so that only Jean can be the redhead telepath.
    I think she will. Compared to some of the other distaff counterparts (cough OML cough) she is extremely different from hers. She has a longer legacy than most of the at-risk characters.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I think she will. Compared to some of the other distaff counterparts (cough OML cough) she is extremely different from hers. She has a longer legacy than most of the at-risk characters.
    We'll know more tomorrow as Extermination #3 comes out. Also with Red potentially ending at #11, when do we think Rachel will be pulled into the fray by Cassandra? I have a feeling it will be 9 or 10 with 11 being the fallout of the entire arc. I wonder if we'll get nice emotional beats from Jean and Kurt?

I don't think she's gonna die in Extermination... They already killed Cable, it would be so lame if they killed another of the Grey-Summers kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    We'll know more tomorrow as Extermination #3 comes out. Also with Red potentially ending at #11, when do we think Rachel will be pulled into the fray by Cassandra? I have a feeling it will be 9 or 10 with 11 being the fallout of the entire arc. I wonder if we'll get nice emotional beats from Jean and Kurt?
    I'm starting to worry Taylor just forgot about it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't think she's gonna die in Extermination... They already killed Cable, it would be so lame if they killed another of the Grey-Summers kids.
    My only concern was that they were trying to simplify the Summers-Grey children. But if Nate Grey is playing a role in Disassembled (which God he is complicated to the narrative), she might be safe.

I'm starting to worry Taylor just forgot about it lol.
    I have a strong suspicion that she is either going to be revealed one the last page of 8 (like in the Annual), or the beginning of 9. Otherwise she's been dropped for timing/conciseness

Mighty Member

Rachel needs a better costume and codename. I just have trouble taking Rachel seriously with a cape.

I don't mind Prestige, but the costume isn't great. She needs the classy brown trench coat with the tail feather tassels. That look is gorgeous.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Her best costume for at least the last two decades it was modern, with callbacks to her former looks while remaining unique. She should also return to the blue Phoenix effect it was brilliant!

The modified version without the spikes, or upper armor was an affront to everything wonderful about this costume and I struggle to understand the need for the change.

Separate, question for her fans any opposition to her developing a deeper connection to Cable and becoming an X-Force mainstay, I always thought it could be a good look for her even if temporary.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 09-25-2018 at 06:47 PM.