Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

I think mental illness can be addressed in a way where it doesn't take up too much of the book. One memory that comes to mind is Peter David's second X-Factor run where Monet is revealed to have PTSD from the time she was Penance.

Once writers figure out what to do with Rachel, I think she should get some help to work on her psychic defenses and PTSD. Once she recovers from being a hound again, I feel that will truly break the character to realize that she had to live a nightmare not once, but twice.

Also, sorry for the die-hard Rachel fans!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I was browsing through the "problem" thread and I have to say, regardless of Claremont's intent/concept with the character, I've loved Rachel from her first appearance in New Mutants and never saw her as a derivative of Jean.
    Yes, she's inextricably tied to Jean and Scott ("for reasons") but...she has always been written as a character who strove to find and hold her own identity and place as part of the X-Men. Yes she has red hair. Yes, she has TK/TP. Yes he hosted the PF...but that is where, as far as I'm concerned, the similarities to Jean Grey begin and end. The fact that writers (including Claremont) kept writing her in a tragic loop is unfortunate but...seemingly dismissing her story history because of her creator's intent is senseless.
    well written. (where are the like buttons on this forum?!)

With the return of Scott and all the jean/ rachel similarities i thought a bit about what makes them difference and drew this.

greeyssummer1.jpg

In my opinion the big problem with Jean/Rachel and why they seem so similar is because there hasn't been a lot of books showing them together to really utilize the difference and Jean has always sort of been written more as an associate or rival (in the sense she is a person rachel wants to achieve recognition from) or a mother and that imo doesn't help.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    With the return of Scott and all the jean/ rachel similarities i thought a bit about what makes them difference and drew this.

greeyssummer1.jpg

In my opinion the big problem with Jean/Rachel and why they seem so similar is because there hasn't been a lot of books showing them together to really utilize the difference and Jean has always sort of been written more as an associate or rival (in the sense she is a person rachel wants to achieve recognition from) or a mother and that imo doesn't help.
    Beautiful drawing and also you're so right about Jean/Rachel

Happy New Year!! I hope that 2019 is the year in which Rachel returns and we surprise everyone! but no cloak, please... xD happy new year!

Happy New Year art by Magickmarker

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Happy New Year art by Magickmarker
    This version of Rachel is way better than anything put by Marvel in past 5 years