Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Even though I'm a major Jean fanboy, it would be really boring if Jean easily defeats Rachel or Cassandra. Rachel should be a big challenge for Jean. She is her daughter and has unlimited potential herself just like Jean (and the Nates). A Grey v. Grey should be an epic battle, if written properly with both characters depicted as having off the charts potential.

Cassandra is also suppose to be crazy powerful and super evil and scary. For the story to be interesting, Jean should probably lose the first round, but win on the second round after powering up to meet the challenge.

Also, it would be such a missed opportunity if Jean and Rachel don't manifest phoenix effects (with their own psychic powers, no Force) while fighting each other. That would be such a cool visual.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Even though I'm a major Jean fanboy, it would be really boring if Jean easily defeats Rachel or Cassandra. Rachel should be a big challenge for Jean. She is her daughter and has unlimited potential herself just like Jean (and the Nates). A Grey v. Grey should be an epic battle, if written properly with both characters depicted as having off the charts potential.

Cassandra is also suppose to be crazy powerful and super evil and scary. For the story to be interesting, Jean should probably lose the first round, but win on the second round after powering up to meet the challenge.

Also, it would be such a missed opportunity if Jean and Rachel don't manifest phoenix effects (with their own psychic powers, no Force) while fighting each other. That would be such a cool visual.
    The series ends in 3 issues. There arent going to be multiple rounds of this battle. Next issue will focus on Rachel with #10 being them getting face to face with Nova and taking her out in the finale.

Besides Nova hasnt been written to be all that powerful in Red. She's bee more of an annoyance who's had to rely on nannites to do things she's easily used her TP for in the past. Rachel herself has been portrayed as an uber powerful being in quite some time. I dont think Jean defeating either would be a big challenge. Jean and her team were able to neutralize Storm through fairly non combative means so Id expect her to be strategic enough to employ similar tactics with Rachel
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-22-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post

It would be, and should be, epic. But that's not what is going to happen. Rachel has been nerfed by the X-Office to be controlled by "villain du jour" in every book, so for all her power and might she's just a walking body to control to give umph behind some baddy. Cassandra herself also doesn't seem as fully powerful as she has been depicted before. And given that Red is Jean's book, I don't see how they are going to not make this resolved by the end of 10 at the latest. So I'm expecting Jean to handle Rachel in a similar fashion to Storm and effectively neutralize her without much effort...sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The series ends in 3 issues. There arent going to be multiple rounds of this battle. Next issue will focus on Rachel with #10 being them getting face to face with Nova and taking her out in the finale.

Besides Nova hasnt been written to be all that powerful in Red. She's bee more of an annoyance who's had to rely on nannites to do things she's easily used her TP for in the past. Rachel herself has been portrayed as an uber powerful being in quite some time. I dont think Jean defeating either would be a big challenge. Jean and her team were able to neutralize Storm through fairly non combative means so Id expect her to be strategic enough to employ similar tactics with Rachel
    All of this. I'm glad Rachel has been given some moments in Red, but I don't expect this to fare well for her or her relationship to Jean moving forward.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Rachel can easily shut down most of her team, especially if they don't know that she is coming.. Jean can shield herself with little warning but not her entire team when against someone as powerful as Rachel.

The fight better be epic as Rachel is often compared in power to her mother and she, thanks to her hound days, has much more brutality inside herself that she often hides because of her PTSD.

Rachel also seems to be a better fighter at close quarters and using her TK offensively in that field.

Jean is better at telepathy and finesse in its usage. Unlike Rachel she was never the type to escalate to close combat unless she had to. Rachel constantly sought it out in the past.

Fantastic Member

dont expect too much of this fight. Rachel has some nice moments though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    Thank god for small favors.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    Nice as in she lasts more than a panel, or that Jean knocks her out gently?

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Both actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    spoilers:
    Rachel wallops Cassandra in the head which is a really cool visual and pretty badass. Of course Cassandra is largely unfazed by it but it's still pretty cool
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    spoilers:
    Rachel wallops Cassandra in the head which is a really cool visual and pretty badass. Of course Cassandra is largely unfazed by it but it's still pretty cool
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I thought the visual of that punch was definitely badass, yes. I literally thought Rachel had torn Cassie's jaw off for a second.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

spoilers:
    The Jean v. Rachel fight was brief, but Rachel did get a good hit on Jean. She tk's Jean into the ground. As others mentioned, Rachel also tk punches Cassandra after she is released. Rachel is acknowledged as powerful by Cassandra and Jean. Cassandra says that she thought Rachel would be more of a threat and could really hurt Jean. Jean says this is true but that Rachel was holding back because she didn't truly want to hurt her. Jean does call Rachel her daughter and asks Rachel to trust her plan.

Don't read on if you don't want the twist spoiled.

The "Jean" in the confrontation with Rachel and Cassandra is Jean's astral form/psychic construct. Her construct seems to be physical similar to her constructs in Resurrection. Like I said, Rachel knocks her into the ground. Jean surrenders to get Cassandra to free Rachel, and Cassandra explodes Jean's psychic construct. She briefly thinks she has killed Jean. Jean, however, is still in Cerebro.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Definitely one of the best moments of the issue. And one of Rachel's best moments in quite some time.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

While it's still a Jean focused issue I think it's mostly good for Rachel too.

spoilers:
    - Rachel packs a wallop on "Jean" pretty good initially.
    - Jean confirms that Rachel could pose a threat to her if she wanted, but that she was also actively resisting Cassandra's power.
    - Jean calls Rachel her daughter.
    - Rachel nearly tore Nova's jaw off. (I legit got surprised face)
    - And with Rachel freed and two issues left she may get to help Jean in her all-out war with Nova.
    end of spoilers

As expected, there was no great big fight between the two. I had a feeling Jean would find a noncombative strategy to neutralize Rachel. Im glad Rachel got some good shine here

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Huh. So... The entire time Jean knew?