Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

So i had read Uncanny X-Men #184 until #209 and i really enjoyed Rachel's character, i really find her interesting and i wanted to know where does she appear again after Spiral captured her.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    So i had read Uncanny X-Men #184 until #209 and i really enjoyed Rachel's character, i really find her interesting and i wanted to know where does she appear again after Spiral captured her.
    She doesn't appear again until "The Sword is Drawn" - Excalibur Annual 1, which leads to the formation of Excalibur. There was going to be a mini about Rachel (various artwork appears online) but was scrapped. She reappears after her time with Mojo.

Rachel spoiler

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

She has TK so I dont know how thats even possible considering she knows his fighting style. It truly makes her look incompetent to be taken out that easily

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    The context was Guggenheim's terrible writing. I read that scene and it took me out the book.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rachel spoiler

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

She has TK so I dont know how thats even possible considering she knows his fighting style. It truly makes her look incompetent to be taken out that easily
    Two things:
    1) Rachel is enraged here, and we know that when she is emotional she typically goes full force without analyzing or planning fully.
    2) Ahab's harpoons have been tk resistant in the past, so even if she put a shield on it could have penetrated it anyways. It's likely what Brisson was thinking.

Sadly it's par for the course in terms of Rachel flying in without a plan, but I will say that she has been written relatively well in this event thus far. The war-room scene was a really strong showing for Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    She doesn't appear again until "The Sword is Drawn" - Excalibur Annual 1, which leads to the formation of Excalibur. There was going to be a mini about Rachel (various artwork appears online) but was scrapped. She reappears after her time with Mojo.
    Thanks for the information

Rachel spoiler

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

It would not make sense if the villain was defeated so easily but she could have resisted more and quickly be knocked out has been a pattern in gold for her .

If you can ignore this she has been treated well in Extermination so far.

BANNED

2) Ahab's harpoons have been tk resistant in the past, so even if she put a shield on it could have penetrated it anyways. It's likely what Brisson was thinking.
    Yep. Jean couldn’t stop one before too way back in Days of Future Present.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Yep. Jean couldn’t stop one before too way back in Days of Future Present.
    I remember that, she had to jump in front of it and let it stab her to help Rachel. Hmm, I don't like TK resistant weapons though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    I remember that, she had to jump in front of it and let it stab her to help Rachel. Hmm, I don't like TK resistant weapons though.
    Yes. It was like Jean’s version of when your mom slams on the brakes and sticks her arm in front of you. Mom instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Well it didn't stab her, she reached out and grabbed the harpoon drawing it away from Rachel. Jean was hurt because his harpoons have keyed in on their victims, and because of their shared genes Jean was affected by it's touch.

But yes, it's convenient to have TK resistant weapons in this instance, and annoying too.

Well it didn't stab her, she reached out and grabbed the harpoon drawing it away from Rachel. Jean was hurt because his harpoons have keyed in on their victims, and because of their shared genes Jean was affected by it's touch.

But yes, it's convenient to have TK resistant weapons in this instance, and annoying too.
    Askanis Flame is a really cool name

Yeah but cant Rachel TK restrain him? hold his hands back? Blast the ceiling so it would fall on him and he'd drop the harpoon? She KNOWS his fighting style. She knows about the TK resistant harpoon. She just charges impulsively and and nearly gets killed in the process. Its not like she wasnt prepared for him either bc she knew he was coming for the kids

BANNED

Yeah but cant Rachel TK restrain him? hold his hands back? Blast the ceiling so it would fall on him and he'd drop the harpoon? She KNOWS his fighting style. She knows about the TK resistant harpoon. She just charges impulsively and and nearly gets killed in the process. Its not like she wasnt prepared for him either bc she knew he was coming for the kids
    If his Harpoons are teke resistent then he likely is too. The only time Rachel ever mananged to overpower him like this was when she was Phoenix. Jean never was able to either.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    If his Harpoons are teke resistent then he likely is too. The only time Rachel ever mananged to overpower him like this was when she was Phoenix. Jean never was able to either.
    She can still throw things at him, make the ceiling fall or ground raise beneath him. I’m not buying that she was completely helpless and had no way to avoid getting speared