Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Oh Waiting for the Trade, why do you write Rachel in a more dignified manner than anyone has in the past 50 or so issues of X-Men Color books?
    That guy is gold.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    But would they be opposed to that? I mean, outside of Cullen Bunn (and I [I]guess Guggenheim) there are not any Rachel fans amongst the writers. Taylor did some great things with her in Red, which somewhat counteracted Gold. But really she's a mess right now, as much as I hate to admit it. Given that Jean is front and center, and Marvel's previous "if one is here then the other must go", i wouldn't be surprised if they send her packing.
    Jordan White is an Excalibur fan (and so is Guggs) but I'm not sure that really helps. Sometimes it's better when writers come in and just accept characters the way they are rather than saying they want a character to go back to the way they were in a certain era or writers who dislike changes that were made to a character.

I'm not sure what the endgame is for Extermination and what they're doing with Cable. Rachel could fit into that, but who knows. I'm not sure anything Askani will ever be brought up with Cable. I can't see Kid Cable sticking around for all that long. I was really afraid Rachel would already be killed off in Extermination as more shock/motivating deaths. Maybe the last issue is a bloodbath, but I'm a little less worried now but I do see the issue of where does Rachel fit in with Jean back.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Jordan White is an Excalibur fan (and so is Guggs) but I'm not sure that really helps. Sometimes it's better when writers come in and just accept characters the way they are rather than saying they want a character to go back to the way they were in a certain era or writers who dislike changes that were made to a character.

I'm not sure what the endgame is for Extermination and what they're doing with Cable. Rachel could fit into that, but who knows. I'm not sure anything Askani will ever be brought up with Cable. I can't see Kid Cable sticking around for all that long. I was really afraid Rachel would already be killed off in Extermination as more shock/motivating deaths. Maybe the last issue is a bloodbath, but I'm a little less worried now but I do see the issue of where does Rachel fit in with Jean back.
    Ahab is the main villain in Extermination, and her nemesis, and she's taken the back seat in the past 2 issues, barely even on panel in the last one. Brisson claims to have plans for her, but I don't know what that even means in terms of how it will end. My thought is she's going to 1) be involved with them returning somehow using her time travel powers; 2) sacrifices herself to save Jeen from Ahab; 3) uses her TK to rewrite Mimics subatomic structure to be Cyclops so the timeline doesn't end. Beyond that I don't think she'll appear in Disassembled or Uncanny.

Unless Taylor continues to be the main writer for Jean, I don't think you'll see any really effort to have more Jean Rachel moments in the future.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

I think Kid Cable was just another way to make Cable younger to be around Rachel's age. With so many X-Men left over, I think Rachel will be in another book called "X-Men" or "Excalibur". With Jean & Betts bring on same team & Emma gone, things have never looked better for Rachel getting some limelight as the team's telepath.

Mighty Member

I long for the day she stops being a possession prop. Lord of mercy, this woman gets possessed more than her relationships fall apart and burn to ash.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

How old is Rachel?
    I have seen people saying she is varely younger than Jean, i always imagine Jean being late twenties to early thirties but Rachel doesn't feel that old.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    How old is Rachel?
    I have seen people saying she is varely younger than Jean, i always imagine Jean being late twenties to early thirties but Rachel doesn't feel that old.
    Well, depends on what age the Phoenix resurrects Jean at. If it was constantly as she was right before she died, she would be about 28. If not, 35.

Based on Rachel being approximately 18 when she met Franklin Richards in her original time, that would make her about 26-28 in current time scale. Adjust as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    How old is Rachel?
    Originally Jean and Rachel were close in age. In the late 80s, Jean was about 25 when she was resurrected with Rachel being 18/19. The age difference is about 6 years give or take a year. If Jean is lets say 32, that would make Rachel about 26 which seems about right. She's older than Kitty who's about 22/23

If you wanted to explain why Rachel acts so young when she returned to the X-Men, then Rachel didn't age between Excalibur 75 and when she returned in Cable #85 while everyone else did. So Kitty & Rachel could then theoretically be the same age. It's possible that's the idea Claremont had, but I'm not sure if any other writer actually thinks of it that way and instead sees the age difference between Kitty & Rachel from Rachel's first stint with the X-Men and then in Excalibur.

Fantastic Member

She was younger than Rogue who was 18 when she arrived in this timeline. And Kitty was 16 at that time I think.

EDIT: Kitty was 15 in Excalibur 26
    Last edited by Cerridwen; 11-06-2018 at 02:25 AM. Reason: added info

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Originally Jean and Rachel were close in age. In the late 80s, Jean was about 25 when she was resurrected with Rachel being 18/19. The age difference is about 6 years give or take a year. If Jean is lets say 32, that would make Rachel about 26 which seems about right. She's older than Kitty who's about 22/23
    I thought of Rachel as been close to Kitty's age. But it's always silly to speak of ages for characters that will never grow old or die permanently. In universe between mutant powers, magic, advanced science they even have excuses on why the characters stay young.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    She was younger than Rogue who was 18 when she arrived in this timeline. And Kitty was 16 at that time I think.

EDIT: Kitty was 15 in Excalibur 26
    Kitty was 14 when Rachel came into 616 in Uncanny. Rachel being 3-4 years older is consistent with what I wrote above about them now

If you wanted to explain why Rachel acts so young when she returned to the X-Men, then Rachel didn't age between Excalibur 75 and when she returned in Cable #85 while everyone else did. So Kitty & Rachel could then theoretically be the same age. It's possible that's the idea Claremont had, but I'm not sure if any other writer actually thinks of it that way and instead sees the age difference between Kitty & Rachel from Rachel's first stint with the X-Men and then in Excalibur.
    I was waiting for a Rachel fan to come in and clarify bc Rachel getting lost in the time stream always confused me

Kitty was 14 when Rachel came into 616 in Uncanny. Rachel being 3-4 years older is consistent with what I wrote above about them now

I was waiting for a Rachel fan to come in and clarify bc Rachel getting lost in the time stream always confused me
    I would say that Rachel is about 24-25. She should be the same age as Rogue, who is like 26, but her time lost in the time stream set her back. Also, I don't think Kitty aged when she was lost in space for a year as a silver vibrator. So she's still older than Kitty, but not by much now. I have no clue as to how old jean is. Given the shear amount of time she's been dead (both times) I want to say she's also 26-27, MAAAAAYBE 28. At this pint all of the O5 should be 30, if not Bobby being 29.

AHHH time travel and transformations....

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I would say that Rachel is about 24-25. She should be the same age as Rogue, who is like 26, but her time lost in the time stream set her back. Also, I don't think Kitty aged when she was lost in space for a year as a silver vibrator. So she's still older than Kitty, but not by much now. I have no clue as to how old jean is. Given the shear amount of time she's been dead (both times) I want to say she's also 26-27, MAAAAAYBE 28. At this pint all of the O5 should be 30, if not Bobby being 29.

AHHH time travel and transformations....
    Jean didnt die the first time. She was essentially a coma patient healing and aging in the Jamaica Bay. With this recent death, she was brought back to whatever the Phoenix wants her to be and unless it becomes a plot point, its simpler to just accept her as the age she should be, which is early 30s with the rest of the O5 and not aged down to New Mutants or younger

Jean didnt die the first time. She was essentially a coma patient healing and aging in the Jamaica Bay.
    Potato potatoe. She was not aging for a number of years.