Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Marvel missed an oppurtunity to at least have Rachel react to seeing Kurt turned into a hound before getting rid of her.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Nothing. No one cares. I also would rather her be dead than continue to be assassinated by Marvel. But let's be honest, ever if she died it would have been off panel in this book. Extermination was always the story of Kid Cable and the O5. Even if they hijack Rachel's stories and villains, she's still an afterthought in the mind of her family and friends.

Also, I don't think she'll even be in X-Force. Just Ahab and his other hounds. She's being fridged as Hope and Jean are returning to the spotlight and therefore she needs to go away otherwise readers will be confused be so many red heads.
    Hated what happened to her, as she is one of my favorite characters and this seems to erase so much of her development over the years, but AT LEAST Brisson just tweeted earlier that her story continues in X-Force.

So... I didn't pick it up.

Ahab retreated to his future with his turned Hounds in tow? Gabby, Trinary, OMLogan, Nightcrawler, Boom Boom, Rachel?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

Ahab retreated to his future with his turned Hounds in tow? Gabby, Trinary, OMLogan, Nightcrawler, Boom Boom, Rachel?
    Everyone was cured of being a hound except Rachel. Ahab left with 2 other hounds and those were unnamed minions he brought with him

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Everyone was cured of being a hound except Rachel. Ahab left with 2 other hounds and those were unnamed minions he brought with him
    THAT is some unmitigated bullsh!t.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Rachel is a chapter two character in a franchise that's hellbent on staying in chapter 1.

I think what fans want and deserve is a chapter 3.
    YUP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Marvel missed an oppurtunity to at least have Rachel react to seeing Kurt turned into a hound before getting rid of her.
    Abso. Or how about, "Oh my god that was hell. I now understand a small taste of what Rachel had to go through and is trapped in again. We must save her."

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedog2 View Post
    Hated what happened to her, as she is one of my favorite characters and this seems to erase so much of her development over the years, but AT LEAST Brisson just tweeted earlier that her story continues in X-Force.
    Yeah I also tweeted him my dismay and he said her story continues as he wanted his threads to be picked up in other books. I don't know that I want to read it as she'll likely be an afterthought there too.

No. Quick version: Kid Cable brings the teen O5 to the future to find the monster twins and learn how to undo the hound programming. Ahab follows them, and his ship is destroyed in the futre. Kid Cable then sends the O5 to their original timeline and he and Ahab return to the "present" in the Searebro. The O5 get their memories back and Jean "remembers" who Mannon and Maxine's powers work. She reverts ALL of the other X-Men except Rachel. Rachel and the other hounds (strangely none of the non-X-Men hounds are fixed either) teleport off somewhere to help him recover. They are trapped in this timeline.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Jean couldn’t save her because Rachel’s pain was real.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Which made no sense. Just say that Rachel’s programming was different than what the twins did.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Nope, just Rachel. Jean was able to free everyone but her and tbh didn’t seem too concerned with her failure.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    you mean the pain that Rachel undid herself when she was 14 when she broke the conditioning and maimed Ahab? Which lead her to being in the concentration camp with Kate (leading to DoFP)? Sure, I can get that. But Jean showed no remorse or care that she couldn't help Rachel. Maybe that is on the artist, but she stands looking at Cable in a stoic pose. And she never once mentions Rachel again. Not in Exterminated. not in Uncanny. Never. Done.

Mighty Member

Did Jean put her empathy into a machine and shove it into Cassandra Nova? Because the way she treated Rachel was just cold.

Anyways, whoever said she was still a Hound won the betting pool. Whatever it was.

Alright, let's place our bets on something else: Who will get Rachel out of this mess?

Cause the X-Office isn't going to let her. That's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Alright, let's place our bets on something else: Who will get Rachel out of this mess?
    Probably WiFi, maybe Cyclops, never Jean... BUT IT SHOULD BE MAGIK.

BANNED

Magik is herself brainwashed and kidnapped.... and also without any of the X-Men caring one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Magik is herself brainwashed and kidnapped.... and also without any of the X-Men caring one bit.
    Well yeah. When I allcaps it's my right brain wish blasting. I want my love song of fire and ice.

Incredible Member

It'd be amazing if it was Madelyn and Selene who rescue her and mindwipe her to work for them.