Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Her best costume for at least the last two decades it was modern, with callbacks to her former looks while remaining unique. She should also return to the blue Phoenix effect it was brilliant!

[IMG] https://i.pinimg.com/originals/27/18...699fa61239.jpg [/IMG]
    Too bad it was short lived

I didnt mind her Mesmero induced Prestige costume

Speaking of which, to this day, we still dont know why he was obsessed with her?

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Speaking of which, to this day, we still dont know why he was obsessed with her?
    Okay, I have to be honest I hated this costume more than the Prestige one, I don't know why but this just seemed so unnecessarily bland. That said I think artists drew it much better than they've ever bothered to draw her Prestige look, save for in the Extermination series.

EDIT: It's that damned collar what the hell is it connected to and what use is it?

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

You're really going to make me think about that run aren't you? Okay, well then here's another question, when and how did Mesmero become so much stronger let alone being able to manipulate her? She literally beats him in two panels their first meeting, then begins her embarrassing psychic episodes every other encounter thereafter, unless that's explained and I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    You're really going to make me think about that run aren't you? Okay, well then here's another question, when and how did Mesmero become so much stronger let alone being able to manipulate her? She literally beats him in two panels their first meeting, then begins her embarrassing psychic episodes every other encounter thereafter, unless that's explained and I missed it.
    In-universe explanation: Rachel was conditioned so heavily as a hound that anyone with even a slight amount of control over others has an easier time controlling her.

Out of universe: They wanted a Dark Jean style story with none of the background, style, or effort.

Mighty Member

That run treated Rachel so badly that I'm willing to have her turned into a dinosaur and be caught in a love square between a sentient stack of bacteria, a ghost, and Kitty. At least it would be hilariously bad.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 09-25-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Rachel needs a better costume and codename. I just have trouble taking Rachel seriously with a cape.
    Maybe we should just start with a better codename. “Prestige” doesn’t quite hit the mark, despite psychic powers being akin to magic. For me, it sounds far to grandiose and precise for Rachel —who I think is far more like Akira, Carrie and Firestarter than caped stage magicians and spoon-benders.

Any ideas? I’ve considered Hound, Weapon, Psion, Dystopia.

Askani would be the best codename imo. But I don't think she really needs one. Jean, Kitty and Emma are all doing fine without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Askani would be the best codename imo. But I don't think she really needs one. Jean, Kitty and Emma are all doing fine without them.
    Eh, some people still call Kitty "Shadowcat", even if it isn't common.

Though I agree having all of the psychics (except special snowflake Psylocke) use their real names.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    She should really adopt this name and go train with Blaquesmith for a while. Come back retrained in the Askani fighting technique she developed but forgot. Be a more well rounded character

Hrmmm... here’s a controversial suggestion:

I would retcon nearly everything about Cable and eliminate the far future world of the Askani and Apocalypse. I don’t think any of that narrative content has proven substantial to the characterization of either Summers kid.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Eh, some people still call Kitty "Shadowcat", even if it isn't common.

Though I agree having all of the psychics (except special snowflake Psylocke) use their real names.
    Who does? I cant recall the last time Shadowcat was used as Kitty's codename

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Hrmmm... here’s a controversial suggestion:

I would retcon nearly everything about Cable and eliminate the far future world of the Askani and Apocalypse. I don’t think any of that narrative content has proven substantial to the characterization of either Summers kid.
    If that happened I world be totally fine with it. The problem I have is that Rachel not only became the most powerful psi able to exist as a non corporeal form, she was highly competent and the leader of the Askani. It's part of the issue I have with her characterization from Claremont's "Reload" forward as she's been written as a noob who can't do anything well.

Next month, its going down!

spoilers:

end of spoilers

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Cool, at least Taylor didn't forget about Rachel and Jean.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

I like that she isn't in ugly Prestige attire....and her hair looks good!