Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I like Revenant, but I would love for her to go back to being Phoenix. She's the only Phoenix host who seems to have any hope of using it as a force for good

Quote Originally Posted by tornshattered View Post
    I like Revenant, but I would love for her to go back to being Phoenix. She's the only Phoenix host who seems to have any hope of using it as a force for good
    Marvel is too busy letting Aaron do any and every kind of nonsense with the Phoenix to let it go back to one of the Greys anytime soon.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Marvel is too busy letting Aaron do any and every kind of nonsense with the Phoenix to let it go back to one of the Greys anytime soon.
    I give him three more years and he'll be gone to DC, writing Batman and the Batkids

BANNED

If it goes back to anyone it will be Jean, with the movie coming out and all. Rachel has no chance of getting in for that reason and for what you just said above.

The OML future Phoenix was just stupid, but the Shi'ar gods summoning the Phoenix wasn't. That I liked.

Mighty Member

I give him three more years and he'll be gone to DC, writing Batman and the Batkids
    I don't trust Aaron to write children. It gives me Hellfire Brats flashbacks.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I'm a bit lost here. What does "Revenant" have to do with Jean?
    When AoX started a Jean Grey going by the name Revenant was present as a member of the pyschic team reinforcing the walls. The body was designed to look like Jean. So while it turned out to be a Rachel, the imagery associated with that name was Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So as another Rachel fan pointed out, it looks like Ahab took her and the transformation she was fighting took in Extermination 3. So she's mind controlled in both books this week. What direction/development do you hope Brisson gives Rachel in the remaining issues?
    And should she survive Extermination, what do you hope the X-Office can do to make her a competent character again?
    I didnt even notice. That f--king ridiculous. These villians are taking turns trolling the hell out of Rachel. Who's next? Selene?

Marvel seems to prefer to portray the entity as a force of pure destruction in recent years ignoring the positive nature of it as a force linked to creation and life.

Marvel have done her best to bury the entire period when Jean and Rachel kept Phoenix under control using the same for good.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I didnt even notice. That f--king ridiculous. These villians are taking turns trolling the hell out of Rachel. Who's next? Selene?
    I know. The only thing I can think of is that Rachel is faking her turn and pulling an AvX (reporting from the inside) before she tries to take out Ahab.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I know. The only thing I can think of is that Rachel is faking her turn and pulling an AvX (reporting from the inside) before she tries to take out Ahab.
    Seeing as we just went through a someone controlling Rachel story. I'm hoping the editor noticed this and this is just a trick by Jean and Rachel to fight Cassandra.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Mighty Member

I'm calling it now. Rachel possession stories are the new "Jean dies and comes back to life every other Wednesday" meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Isn't she too busy fighting Steve Rogers?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I'm calling it now. Rachel possession stories are the new "Jean dies and comes back to life every other Wednesday" meme.
    I hope the writing teams see this ridiculousness and actually makes a story point out of it. Every writer in every book is having her possessed so why not take it a step further and delve into why she’s so easily mind controlled?

Rachel is conditioned to be easily manipulated, coerced, and brainwashed. That much is clear.

She may never get past, get over, or build solid defenses against being puppeted. Maaaaaybe that’s ok. Maybe it informs her characterization, values, practices, disciplines, relationships. I’d be interested in her engaging with her weaknesses rather than denying them in favor of trying to reclaim a lost childhood and “happiness”.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Rachel is conditioned to be easily manipulated, coerced, and brainwashed. That much is clear.

She may never get past, get over, or build solid defenses against being puppeted. Maaaaaybe that’s ok. Maybe it informs her characterization, values, practices, disciplines, relationships. I’d be interested in her engaging with her weaknesses rather than denying them in favor of trying to reclaim a lost childhood and “happiness”.
    She got past those experiences and had solid defenses until Guggenheim. This an example where it's better to send a character off into Limbo or even kill them rather than write them so poorly. They could have let Rachel finish her degree and live a normal life for now as opposed to write her like garbage. If she is mind controlled this easily she is a huge liability to the X-Men and she needs to fix this or leave the team.