Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: CBR Chat

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Just wanted to do a little bragging. My father is disabled and has a hard time leaving the house. Wednesday he was feeling well enough to leave the house and go to lunch with me and a friend. I was very happy about this as it was the first time in two months he was well enough to leave the house.
    I'm happy for you. As someone who had to help watch over a family member in bad or failing health, I know what a challenge it can be. May your father continue to do well.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

So I have a new cat. There was a cat that someone stopped on my road and threw out of their car. SO he was a stray. I started to feed him and got close to him. The other day he walked into my house as if he owned the place and made himself at home. He is now a member of my family. I couldnt just leave him outside with the weather growing cold. He is very friendly though he and my other cat dont get along. This is the second cat I have rescued. I took him to the vet got his shots and got him fixed.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Just wanted to do a little bragging. My father is disabled and has a hard time leaving the house. Wednesday he was feeling well enough to leave the house and go to lunch with me and a friend. I was very happy about this as it was the first time in two months he was well enough to leave the house.
    That's great stuff! Long may it continue

So I have a new cat. There was a cat that someone stopped on my road and threw out of their car. SO he was a stray. I started to feed him and got close to him. The other day he walked into my house as if he owned the place and made himself at home. He is now a member of my family. I couldnt just leave him outside with the weather growing cold. He is very friendly though he and my other cat dont get along. This is the second cat I have rescued. I took him to the vet got his shots and got him fixed.
    Fair play for taking him in and sorting him out at the vet. Hopefully your cats can sort out their own territories in your home and happily live together.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

This British winter is going to be brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Yeah we've had a taste of what's to come recently. How you doing? Back over here for your final year now?

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Yeah we've had a taste of what's to come recently. How you doing? Back over here for your final year now?
    If you mean the rain then, yeah, it hasn't half been brutal over the last 24 hours.

Once again we have extensive flooding across the north of England. I had an appointment to keep this morning in a nearby town and the wind and rain were just relentless.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

We've had quite a lot of flooding in the Midlands over the past couple of weeks. Trying to get into our town centre has been a bit of a nightmare with roads being closed. Parking has been difficult too because a lot of car parks have been flooded.

Random statement in light of all the back-and-forth between detractors of this franchise or that franchise in the movie sections of online venues like this one...

I unironically adore both Spider-Man 3 and Amazing Spider-Man 2. Perfect movies? Far from it. But as action/sci-fi flicks, they're super entertaining to me ^^
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Once again, being a fan of superhero related TV shows here in the UK means getting kicked in the nether regions occasionally.

This time it's with Batwoman. Like many I really wasn't bowled over by the trailer. It looked too cheap and corny. That said, I'm a fan of Kate Kane in the comics and enjoyed seeing the character in last years Elseworlds crossover a great deal. I was still more than prepared to watch this show. There was every chance that it would be much better than that forced trailer. I'm not sure that I'm gonna get the opportunity though.

The rest of the Arrowverse shows are broadcast by Sky One here in the UK. Sky however have been unable to pick up Batwoman though. Apparently some other broadcaster got in there first. Who this is we have no idea but if it turns out to be the dipshits at Channel Five then I may just be inclined to go to war with them. There is no clue as to if and when this show will get a UK release. Even better, when Sky screen the Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover in December they will only be able to show four of the five episodes which will of course totally ruin the flow of the story. Lovely .
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Great news is that I was told that even though my laser cap can't be fixed for no beeping that the device still works and should be effective. I've been using a laser cap for hair regrowth, a dermastamp once a week, and a liquid that I spray in my hair before I go to bed and wash out when I shower.
    I've seen the beneficial results because Lyndsey my hairstylist at SportsClips told me during my last haircut that she is seeing the new hairs in the front, the back is being filled in including at the center top. The back is thin which is why the scalp can be seen even though my hair is a medium long length.
    My V is returning to a U.

Also the company to compensate me for the can't bring back the beeping for the lasercap is sending me 3 free hair regrowth products.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Currently I'm watching a competitive good MNF 49ers Seahawks at the restaurant Icehouse.

Also snowed a lot on Sunday and early today, and it's damn cold in Omaha.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

To everyone on the eastern seaboard, BUNDLE UP! It's gonna be COLD here the next couple of days!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Just made a huge mistake. I took Nyquil at 8am for a cold. It is kicking my butt and I am dragging to day. Not even two cups of coffee is helping.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm currently surviving with blankets and hot water bottles. Last night was -4 in Glasgow, but we supposedly won't dip below - for a week
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Bit of a pisser today.

I was supposed to be having a job interview this afternoon but it was cancelled at the last minute. The company have changed their minds and reinstalled the previous incumbent. It would have been my first managerial role if I'd gotten it.

Ah well....
    Lower The Pissing Winch!