Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: CBR Chat

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Hope everyone's alright over there.
    Yeah, all is well here in the Philadelphia region, other than flooded roads here and there. The rain has stopped for the time being. I just hope I don't run into trouble on the way home.

Speaking of being an author, your story idea sounds intriguing. I hope you have success with it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, all is well here in the Philadelphia region, other than flooded roads here and there. The rain has stopped for the time being. I just hope I don't run into trouble on the way home.

Speaking of being an author, your story idea sounds intriguing. I hope you have success with it.
    Fingers crossed weather wise.

As far as the story is concerned, well it's early days but I'm enjoying writing it so far which is the main thing. once I've finished this chapter I'll have ten more before I'm done with this ''volume'' or whatever you want to call it as I'm planning on doing four ''volumes'' of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Also as a fun thing was the final race to 5,000 basically. Which for a couple years I made a sorta game . I kept the winner stats and actually went back a number of years tracking who had won "Rita's" . Which was the old chat thread. Since that name is in use elsewhere (and people have said it shouldn't be used here again) and since were back to 5,000 limits again ....we need a new cool name (with song lyric new each time). Which I think should be a poll deal.

My solution is ... each time the person who gets the 5,000th post wins that championship (which I'll record) they have to start the next new "chat" thread and song lyric. They get that choice of song lyric. But the poll will give us a cool new name.
    We used to do that with the off-topic threads in the Spider-Man section of the previous incarnation of the message boards.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    We used to do that with the off-topic threads in the Spider-Man section of the previous incarnation of the message boards.
    Well the whole Rita's Championship was my silliness really. It was something that I was like , the 5000th post is seen as the BIG DEAL in the chat thread to hit. So I was like why not make it an actual "championship". I wanted to restart the chat thread in 2014 but sadly then CBR wanted to move away from that then. I kept the old records awhile. But a new one would be kinda cool to do.

I'd like to possibly do a poll and perhaps name the chat thread after perhaps a former member who maybe passed away who had a long run here . If anyone has any recommendations on the poll choices and all. Be fine with me and perhaps send me a PM of the name and who they were to do that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I'm back home after a week in Cyprus. Had a really good holiday and had our wedding anniversary out there. Chilled out, read a couple of good books, had a few drinks and hired a jet ski!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Never been to Cyprus. Any recommendations for if I ever get a chance to go?

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Never been to Cyprus. Any recommendations for if I ever get a chance to go?
    I stayed in Paphos this time. I've been twice before, the first time being in Paphos (we decided to go back this summer) and the second time was for our honeymoon, when we stayed in Nissi Beach. I'd definitely recommend Paphos. Quite a bit of history there, nice beaches, plenty to do, great weather etc. The flights were a struggle this time though. Felt very cramped and seemed to drag on and on. Couldn't wait to land lol.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

You were one of the all-time greats

Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I stayed in Paphos this time. I've been twice before, the first time being in Paphos (we decided to go back this summer) and the second time was for our honeymoon, when we stayed in Nissi Beach. I'd definitely recommend Paphos. Quite a bit of history there, nice beaches, plenty to do, great weather etc. The flights were a struggle this time though. Felt very cramped and seemed to drag on and on. Couldn't wait to land lol.
    Paphos….I'll look that up just in case I ever get a chance to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    You were one of the all-time greats

R.E.S.P.E.C.T

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I must admit that I hadn't really listened to my Aretha albums for a few years because I found her ... hard to like after reading her autobiography. But after reading all those stories of nice things she did people remember after her death, I've decided that she must have been at a very bitter place in her life when she wrote that book and have playing her albums non stop.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I must admit that I hadn't really listened to my Aretha albums for a few years because I found her ... hard to like after reading her autobiography. But after reading all those stories of nice things she did people remember after her death, I've decided that she must have been at a very bitter place in her life when she wrote that book and have playing her albums non stop.
    PB, your comment about Aretha's autobio piqued my curiosity so I looked it up on Amazon and read the reviews. Wow! It certainly seems like an interesting book and I will be picking it up. Thanks!

RIP Aretha Franklin. Singular talent who will be missed, to say the say the least. While I prefer Ben E. King's Spanish Harlem to hers, most of her other recordings can't be improved upon IMO. In particular I loved her covers of Don't Play That Song and I Say A Little Prayer For You.
    Last edited by Shalla Bal; 08-19-2018 at 02:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post
    PB, your comment about Aretha's autobio piqued my curiosity so I looked it up on Amazon and read the reviews. Wow! It certainly seems like an interesting book and I will be picking it up. Thanks!

RIP Aretha Franklin. Singular talent who will be missed, to say the say the least. While I prefer Ben E. King's Spanish Harlem to hers, most of her other recordings can't be improved upon IMO. In particular I loved her covers of Don't Play That Song and I Say A Little Prayer For You.
    It's co-authored by David Ritz, the same guy who worked with Marvin Gaye and Ray Charles on their wonderful autobiographies. In Aretha's case, he put in a preface where he sort of apologizes for the book, throwing up both hands and basically states "I tried to reason with her!"
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Yay!! My volumes of Dimension W have been delivered! Can't wait to read them when I get home from work!
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Considering selling my MtG card collection. It's pretty extensive, I have a large binder filled with cards, including rares, but I'm not sure how much I might get for them.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Considering selling my MtG card collection. It's pretty extensive, I have a large binder filled with cards, including rares, but I'm not sure how much I might get for them.
    I put it up for sale on Facebook. I have over 700 cards, including Rares, Mythic Rares and Foils. Hoping to get around $100 for them.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.