Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: CBR Chat

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Least you got a couple of things, Fluffy. Is the Viserion figure good? Might be a daft question considering you bought it but still.
    What are Liverpool/Manchester like for cons? I only go to the London and Birmingham ones.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Rita's was a chat thread named in honor of a poster. It was the long time chat thread on community board. Lots of new folks won't ever know since after the reboot the chat thread was named this now. But long ago posters made it the chat thread name and song titles with each version after reaching 5,000.
    OO. Well, whilst it has declined a bit, I really enjoy these forums and the people on it. I have made some really good friends and unlike other sites, there seem to be very few trolls and bullies. Coming to this thread and seeing the same face (or avatars) and being able to have a friendly chat for me is really great.

Least you got a couple of things, Fluffy. Is the Viserion figure good? Might be a daft question considering you bought it but still.
    Yeah it's pretty good. It's got a fair bit of articulation for setting it in a pose and it looks really nice. I'm planning on getting Drogon as well, which I think is out this month.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Is that the on at the MCM? I recently went to the London show. I was a bit miffed that it was mostly anime. My brother went crazy and, to be fair, the vendors were fairly priced. I got a few Marvel Legends and art from a northern-based dealer, but, otherwise, I am surprised at how comic cons are very rarely about comics! Most of the comic dealers were charging £5 for 'dollar bin' comics! Not good...

I recall when I went to the Birmingham con that they had Michael Owen of all people there doing signings aha. I wanted to go up but I know he is pretty monotone. I'm glad you enjoyed it! How was it with the heat?
    This was a Showmasters event at the NEC, not an MCM one. I go back and forth between them to see different things. I was finding that MCM cons were getting overloaded with manga and anime, which I have no interest in. There were quite a few stands selling comics on Saturday but their prices were silly.

Ryan Giggs was there on Saturday. Quite a few good sports people like Kevin Keegan, Geoff Hurst, Denis Law, Frank Bruno, Dennis Taylor, Steve Davis, Phil Taylor, Ricky Hatton and loads of others. The event was let down by the other film/comic related guests though.

What are Liverpool/Manchester like for cons? I only go to the London and Birmingham ones.
    I've been to a couple in Liverpool and a couple in Manchester, but they were all MCM events. One of the Manchester ones I went to was probably the best con I've been to. Luck of the draw who is selling there on the day and the guests though really.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Yeah it's pretty good. It's got a fair bit of articulation for setting it in a pose and it looks really nice. I'm planning on getting Drogon as well, which I think is out this month.

This was a Showmasters event at the NEC, not an MCM one. I go back and forth between them to see different things. I was finding that MCM cons were getting overloaded with manga and anime, which I have no interest in. There were quite a few stands selling comics on Saturday but their prices were silly.

Ryan Giggs was there on Saturday. Quite a few good sports people like Kevin Keegan, Geoff Hurst, Denis Law, Frank Bruno, Dennis Taylor, Steve Davis, Phil Taylor, Ricky Hatton and loads of others. The event was let down by the other film/comic related guests though.

I've been to a couple in Liverpool and a couple in Manchester, but they were all MCM events. One of the Manchester ones I went to was probably the best con I've been to. Luck of the draw who is selling there on the day and the guests though really.
    Wow some good legends there!

Would like to meet Geoff Hurst. Living legend! Giggs? No thanks...

+ Happy Eid to anyone celebrating!

Wow some good legends there!

Would like to meet Geoff Hurst. Living legend! Giggs? No thanks...

+ Happy Eid to anyone celebrating!
    Yeah I didn't want to meet Giggs either. I wanted to meet Keegan but the queues were pretty long throughout the time I was there.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah I didn't want to meet Giggs either. I wanted to meet Keegan but the queues were pretty long throughout the time I was there.
    I've been told by a lot of people that places like SDCC have lost a lot of its status.

I think I will make the trip to Birmingham in November as it will be my final year in the Midlands.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Not bad for Liverpool, can't comment on Manchester since I don't go there for cons but in Liverpool we have some cons coming soon in the Liverpool M&S Arena if you're interested.

Extraordinary Member

Not bad for Liverpool, can't comment on Manchester since I don't go there for cons but in Liverpool we have some cons coming soon in the Liverpool M&S Arena if you're interested.
    I've never been up to Liverpool, so I may explore the idea!

I'm tempted to go to MCM Manchester at the end of July, although I much prefer Liverpool as a place to visit. For a day out, I'll always choose Liverpool over Manchester.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Hope you decide to visit! Though I hope our traditional weather takes the day off if/when you do LOL.

I'm tempted to go to MCM Manchester at the end of July, although I much prefer Liverpool as a place to visit. For a day out, I'll always choose Liverpool over Manchester.
    Well, we are the better City

Extraordinary Member

Hope you decide to visit! Though I hope our traditional weather takes the day off if/when you do LOL.

Well, we are the better City
    Shots fired!

I've booked my tickets to see Godzilla: King of the Monsters on Saturday. I've still not seen the 2014 Godzilla but I'm hoping to squeeze it in before I see King of the Monsters.

Extraordinary Member

I've booked my tickets to see Godzilla: King of the Monsters on Saturday. I've still not seen the 2014 Godzilla but I'm hoping to squeeze it in before I see King of the Monsters.
    I swear the 2014 version was on ITV 2 or something recently. Might be on ITV hub.

I swear the 2014 version was on ITV 2 or something recently. Might be on ITV hub.
    It was! I've got it recorded it lol. That's how I'm hoping to watch it before Saturday. I'd like to watch the opening ceremony and first match of the Women's World Cup on Friday night though, so I don't know when I'll squeeze Godzilla in.

Extraordinary Member

It was! I've got it recorded it lol. That's how I'm hoping to watch it before Saturday. I'd like to watch the opening ceremony and first match of the Women's World Cup on Friday night though, so I don't know when I'll squeeze Godzilla in.
    Awesome! I didn't enjoy the latest King Kong, so I am going to wait for TV.