Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: CBR Chat

Vending machine swallowed a euro. I had just taken a coke out of it, then I inserted a second euro while the 'enjoy your item' message was still flashing. So it didn't register the coin as credit, but it didn't return it either. Le sigh.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Is this thing working?

It's quiet around here. Almost . . . too quiet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by majorhoy View Post
    is this thing working?

it's quiet around here. Almost . . . too quiet.

Boo

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Is this thing working?

It's quiet around here. Almost . . . too quiet.
    CBR Chat has been quiet since it got relaunched, pity really it used to be quite an active thread back in the day.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    CBR Chat has been quiet since it got relaunched, pity really it used to be quite an active thread back in the day.
    CBR sadly hasn't been the same since the reboot of sorts a few years back.

From what I can tell I'm inclined to agree, haven't been able to come on as often for work and family reasons but it doesn't feel as active as it used to be.

Extraordinary Member

I also think that the lack of a quote notification here makes it very hard to engage in conversations as opposed to just posting my thoughts. Also, my fandom for comics is greater, but my desire to engage in discussions is less so. I sadly think the comic fanbase has shown some toxic aspects.

Yeah, I don't engage in as many threads as I used to due to rather toxic aspects like you've mentioned DebkoX.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The chat thread is really a big problem. Its way , way too big. The reboot itself wasn't the issue. It was a few things that decimated CBR in a way and alienated a lot of the older posters.

- CBR had a what one time various DC , Marvel and Rumbles chats on each forum. Everyone had a group of folks they loved chatting with in threads. CBR Chat was essentially "Rita's" and had been for a number of years. Whoever decided to throw EVERYONE into 1 chat thread to force them together was really not thinking. A lot of old posters said ...screw it and walked away to not come back.

Instead of bringing a wide community together it pushed more away from things. No one wants to be forced into a chat thread with a lot of different people who would rather discuss the X-Men or what DC is doing today.

- A group left the boards after the Classic Comics forum was changed and they didn't want no part in that new forum as well.

So yeah 2 changes I know of , the 1st one being a top reason which decimated chat. Rita's itself was so busy at times. There was 5,000 post limits to Rita's as well so that made it fun. (I discovered Rita's in 2007/2008 as i slowly branched out on CBR).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

What is Ritas?

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    What is Ritas?
    Wasn't she a lovely meter maid?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    What is Ritas?
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Wasn't she a lovely meter maid?
    Rita's was a chat thread named in honor of a poster. It was the long time chat thread on community board. Lots of new folks won't ever know since after the reboot the chat thread was named this now. But long ago posters made it the chat thread name and song titles with each version after reaching 5,000.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I went to the Showmasters Collectormania event in Birmingham on the weekend. Wasn't bad. Seems to be leaning more towards sport guests and memorabilia now over comic related stuff. I only picked up a few 80's Spider-man comics I needed and I bought the GoT Viserion figure to display on my book shelf.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I went to the Showmasters Collectormania event in Birmingham on the weekend. Wasn't bad. Seems to be leaning more towards sport guests and memorabilia now over comic related stuff. I only picked up a few 80's Spider-man comics I needed and I bought the GoT Viserion figure to display on my book shelf.
    Least you got a couple of things, Fluffy. Is the Viserion figure good? Might be a daft question considering you bought it but still.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Is that the on at the MCM? I recently went to the London show. I was a bit miffed that it was mostly anime. My brother went crazy and, to be fair, the vendors were fairly priced. I got a few Marvel Legends and art from a northern-based dealer, but, otherwise, I am surprised at how comic cons are very rarely about comics! Most of the comic dealers were charging £5 for 'dollar bin' comics! Not good...

I recall when I went to the Birmingham con that they had Michael Owen of all people there doing signings aha. I wanted to go up but I know he is pretty monotone. I'm glad you enjoyed it! How was it with the heat?