Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: CBR Chat

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Shots fired!
    Would I?...

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I've booked my tickets to see Godzilla: King of the Monsters on Saturday. I've still not seen the 2014 Godzilla but I'm hoping to squeeze it in before I see King of the Monsters.
    It was! I've got it recorded it lol. That's how I'm hoping to watch it before Saturday. I'd like to watch the opening ceremony and first match of the Women's World Cup on Friday night though, so I don't know when I'll squeeze Godzilla in.
    Well, my wife and I agreed to put the Women's World Cup on our Tivo list so I'll get to watch it when I can, won't be able to watch it tomorrow but I'm hopeful for Saturday. Ad for Godzilla: King of the Monsters, hope you enjoy. Seems like a cool concept if they focus on Godzilla instead of the boring humans LOL.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Would I?...

Well, my wife and I agreed to put the Women's World Cup on our Tivo list so I'll get to watch it when I can, won't be able to watch it tomorrow but I'm hopeful for Saturday. Ad for Godzilla: King of the Monsters, hope you enjoy. Seems like a cool concept if they focus on Godzilla instead of the boring humans LOL.
    That's the complaint I had about Godzilla 2014.

Would I?...

From the mixed reviews I've glanced at, some complaints have been about character development of the humans, so maybe it does focus more on the monsters this time lol. I'll find out tomorrow.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

And my complaint about the Michael Bay Transformers films to a certain degree, well the first two anyway. I gave up after the second one as I was hoping they'd improve for the second one but I wasn't that impressed personally.

From the mixed reviews I've glanced at, some complaints have been about character development of the humans, so maybe it does focus more on the monsters this time lol. I'll find out tomorrow.
    Anyone watching a Godzilla movie should want the focus to be on Godzilla and the monsters. The humans should be nothing more than a cameo piece in films like that IMO, we get enough roles in the movies LOL.

And my complaint about the Michael Bay Transformers films to a certain degree, well the first two anyway. I gave up after the second one as I was hoping they'd improve for the second one but I wasn't that impressed personally.

Anyone watching a Godzilla movie should want the focus to be on Godzilla and the monsters. The humans should be nothing more than a cameo piece in films like that IMO, we get enough roles in the movies LOL.
    I enjoyed the first Transformers film but not so much the others. I've not seen the 5th one yet though.

I enjoyed the first Transformers film but not so much the others. I've not seen the 5th one yet though.
    I can't comment beyond the first two Transformers films. I did try Michael Bay's Turtles films and whilst it wasn't great it wasn't as bad as I feared at least.

Extraordinary Member

I'm looking forward to watching Bumblebee. Heard it was good! I've been binge watching Stranger Things but season 2 is nothing compared to S1.

I've watched Good Omens recently, I recommend giving it a go to anyone who has Amazon Prime.

I saw Godzilla: King of the Monsters on Saturday. I enjoyed it. It wasn't mind blowing but it was good. I'm certainly not a Kaiju expert or anything, so I've got no idea how it would compare with the older films.

I'm looking forward to watching Bumblebee. Heard it was good! I've been binge watching Stranger Things but season 2 is nothing compared to S1.
    I haven't watched Stranger Things yet, but I'm tempted to start it once I've finished The Last Kingdom.

I've watched Good Omens recently, I recommend giving it a go to anyone who has Amazon Prime.
    Have you read the book? I read it recently, and I was a bit disappointed with it. I have got Amazon Prime though, so at some point I'll give the TV series a go and see how it compares.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I just watched the first two episodes late last week and thought it was awesome. I'll finish it this week.

Meanwhile, I discovered a new kind of pizza on Saturday----chicken bacon ranch! And it was tremendous!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    . . . Meanwhile, I discovered a new kind of pizza on Saturday----chicken bacon ranch! And it was tremendous!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-pizza-topping

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I just watched the first two episodes late last week and thought it was awesome. I'll finish it this week.

Meanwhile, I discovered a new kind of pizza on Saturday----chicken bacon ranch! And it was tremendous!
    Glad you enjoyed your new pizza, WestPhillyPunisher. As for Good Omens, I personally enjoyed it as did my missus which is unusual as we don't usually enjoy the same tv programme LOL.

Have you read the book? I read it recently, and I was a bit disappointed with it. I have got Amazon Prime though, so at some point I'll give the TV series a go and see how it compares.
    Glad you enjoyed your Godzilla movie. As for the book, no I haven't read it. Only watched it because it had David Tennant and Michael Sheen in it and I like those two actors. As I say I personally enjoyed it and I recommend trying it for those who have Amazon Prime.

. . . I recommend trying it for those who have Amazon Prime.
    I don't even have Amazon sub-Prime.
    I don't normally do anything with/through Amazon!
    (Only occasionally order a book or two through them for my Mom to give my sister at Christmas if they offer a much better deal than I can get through Barnes & Noble.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't even have Amazon sub-Prime.
    I don't normally do anything with/through Amazon!
    (Only occasionally order a book or two through them for my Mom to give my sister at Christmas if they offer a much better deal than I can get through Barnes & Noble.)
    Okay. Just thought I'd mention it for those that do