Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 504

Thread: CBR Chat - 2018

  1. #196
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside, England
    Posts
    9,163

    Default

    Might actually get to watch some stuff on my WWE Network this weekend LOL. Rare quiet weekend by the looks of it for me.

    I've jinxed it now haven't I?

  2. #197
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,550

    Default

    Went out and measured about 4 inches of snow on my top front step about an hour ago.

    And it's still over a month before winter officially gets here!

    (Stupid weather!)

  3. #198
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    17,994

    Default

    Here in the Philadelphia area, we got over three inches of snow yesterday, and most of it fell in the early afternoon, turning rush hour into a royal mess. My usual 45 commute home from work turned into a two hour slog, what with traffic and untreated roads. UGH! It was miserable!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  4. #199
    older Mormel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    I'd gladly take some of that snow off your backs, guys! Our winters here in the Neth have been nothing to write home about!
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

  5. #200
    Mighty Member FluffySheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,841

    Default

    It's been a relatively warm November here in the UK so far. 14 Celcius today in the Midlands.
    Currently Pulling: Amazing Spider-man, Daredevil, Batman/TMNT III, Black Hammer: Age of Doom, Black Hammer '45, Invisible Kingdom, Farmhand, Gideon Falls, Infinite Dark, Criminal, Babyteeth

    We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

  6. #201
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Here in the Philadelphia area, we got over three inches of snow yesterday, and most of it fell in the early afternoon, turning rush hour into a royal mess. My usual 45 commute home from work turned into a two hour slog, what with traffic and untreated roads. UGH! It was miserable!
    Sounds like you got off easy.
    I live in southwestern Connecticut, and listening to the New York City news they were telling stories of some commutes taking over six hours; I-84 closed to trucks between the Pennsylvania and Connecticut borders; one middle school in West Orange, NJ actually having about 80 kids stay there overnight because they couldn't get home; even part of the Port Authority bus terminal in NYC that handles busses to NJ was shut down because the busses were having major problems getting around. (They were cancelling some of the busses for the morning commute because too many bus drivers had been out driving too late in the weather and were required by Federal law to take mandatory breaks before they could start a new shift.)
    The storm hit at the worst possible time because of the evening commute, so they couldn't clear the roads because of the clogged traffic, and that increased the number of accidents that just made things even worse.

  7. #202
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    17,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Sounds like you got off easy.
    I live in southwestern Connecticut, and listening to the New York City news they were telling stories of some commutes taking over six hours; I-84 closed to trucks between the Pennsylvania and Connecticut borders; one middle school in West Orange, NJ actually having about 80 kids stay there overnight because they couldn't get home; even part of the Port Authority bus terminal in NYC that handles busses to NJ was shut down because the busses were having major problems getting around. (They were cancelling some of the busses for the morning commute because too many bus drivers had been out driving too late in the weather and were required by Federal law to take mandatory breaks before they could start a new shift.)
    The storm hit at the worst possible time because of the evening commute, so they couldn't clear the roads because of the clogged traffic, and that increased the number of accidents that just made things even worse.
    I spent a couple of hours watching the local news after I got home, and people who were interviewed pretty much said the same thing: they were unprepared for how nasty the storm was. The forecast called for a coating to an inch in Philly proper, but got much more while some areas in our northern most suburbs saw close to eight. The weatherguessers gave the same excuse to explain what happened, that the storm "overperformed". We had the same trouble with bad timing as the storm dumped snow just before evening rush hour, and plow trucks couldn't hit the roads because of the traffic. In other words, it was a mess, one I hope wasn't a harbinger of winter wallops to come.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  8. #203
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    6,605

    Default

    We had 10cm of snow here...still has not melted and it is MINUS FIFTEEN on Wednesday :*[
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

  9. #204
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    We had 10cm of snow here...
    10 cm = about 4 inches
    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    still has not melted and it is MINUS FIFTEEN on Wednesday :*
    -15C = 5F

    We had more snow here in Connecticut on Thursday (I've seen a listing of 7.1 inches for my town on one site, which would be a little over 18 cm), but we haven't made it down to as cold as you (yet).

  10. #205
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    6,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    10 cm = about 4 inches
    -15C = 5F

    We had more snow here in Connecticut on Thursday (I've seen a listing of 7.1 inches for my town on one site, which would be a little over 18 cm), but we haven't made it down to as cold as you (yet).
    I'm still used to the English way of describing weather.

    Oh and as soon as you say that I look up and see snow! It is snowing...
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

  11. #206
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm still used to the English way of describing weather.

    Oh and as soon as you say that I look up and see snow! It is snowing...
    Back when I was a kid in school (in the 1970s) there was an effort to try and get Americans to transition over to the metric system.

    But our country can sometimes be a tad . . . stubborn.

  12. #207
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    6,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Back when I was a kid in school (in the 1970s) there was an effort to try and get Americans to transition over to the metric system.

    But our country can sometimes be a tad . . . stubborn.
    Just a bit!

    It is getting warmer now. Anyone got plans for Christmas? Will be my first alone :O
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

  13. #208
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Just a bit!

    It is getting warmer now. Anyone got plans for Christmas? Will be my first alone :O
    Sorry to hear you'll be by yourself.

    As for Christmas, we here in the U.S. just had our Thanksgiving two days ago!
    The big Christmas shopping just officially kicked off late on Thursday and on Friday ("Black Friday!"), and already some people are putting out their Christmas/holiday decorations. (I've started some of the shopping, but I'll wait until at least December 1st to buy a wreathe and dig out the tree and stuff.)

  14. #209
    Surfing With The Alien Spike-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,259

    Default

    Had a blast mountain biking today.

    pyr1.jpg

  15. #210
    Extraordinary Member DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    6,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Sorry to hear you'll be by yourself.

    As for Christmas, we here in the U.S. just had our Thanksgiving two days ago!
    The big Christmas shopping just officially kicked off late on Thursday and on Friday ("Black Friday!"), and already some people are putting out their Christmas/holiday decorations. (I've started some of the shopping, but I'll wait until at least December 1st to buy a wreathe and dig out the tree and stuff.)
    I hate Black Friday.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •