Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: CBR Chat

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    My new shoes fit! It has been a very busy week.
    You mean it took you a week to break a new pair of shoes in ?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    You mean it took you a week to break a new pair of shoes in ?
    Yup! And work was very busy aha. I've been trying to learn Mandarin and haven't approached it right. I'm also looking into a potential trip next year across South America.

Yup! And work was very busy aha. I've been trying to learn Mandarin and haven't approached it right. I'm also looking into a potential trip next year across South America.
    Mandarin you say? Pfft. Been there, done that. It took me about three hours......(yeah, not really......)

Is your current location true Debkox? You're in Ontario? Cool if so.

A trip to South America sounds awesome. I'd have to take in a club football match if I ever did that. I'm currently obsessed with Brazilian club football and would love to check out a live game.

Extraordinary Member

Mandarin you say? Pfft. Been there, done that. It took me about three hours......(yeah, not really......)

Is your current location true Debkox? You're in Ontario? Cool if so.

A trip to South America sounds awesome. I'd have to take in a club football match if I ever did that. I'm currently obsessed with Brazilian club football and would love to check out a live game.
    Eeek I am back in the UK, and have been for a few months! I am heading out to China soon though...Mr. Global. Well, I should also include Finland, but that is a connection. Might bring back some canned shark food.

South American football would be so insane lol.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Adopted two cats from the annual adoption event where shelters and agencies from all across central Indiana come together to provide pets at a low cost (having been spayed/neutered, given shots, and RFID chips) since my brother wanted our current cat to have company to combat his loneliness and lethargy. To be honest, I personally feel like I am going to end up being the one to take responsibility in the long run considering what special needs both require, which my brother is clueless about (he is... well, to be honest, he turned out to be the idiot I warned him about at these events that adopt for the sake of adopting) and lacks patience. One is an older cat that has feline immunodeficiency virus (the cat version of HIV/AIDS) and recently had to get serious dental work done that he adopted because "Ooh, Siamese!", while the other is a stray kitten that was rescued from a busy intersection less than a month ago which he chose because "Ooh, kitten!" and wandered away from me to look at while I did all the paperwork to adopt the first one.

The kitten's got a lot of energy and just needs a roommate, although I worry it will compromise sleep at night. The older cat needs to adjust to the environment of our apartment slowly, and I want to make sure he gets to eat and drink water as maintaining a compromised immune system involves keeping a solid intake of sustenance.

Truly momentous day. I think I'm about to inherit a LOT of money. I received this e-mail this morning:

Dear Beloved I am Mrs Mary L Jones from STOCKHOLM SWEDEN, dear i am sorry for contact you here on by email but i have to as I am ill and might not survive according to my doctor as a result of cancer. I want to distribute my late husband funds to charity organizations in your country through you to use to build schools, hospitals and promise you the %15 percent of the Funds $5 Million US Dollars I have been touched By God during a prayer and fasting session for the Great Lord to heal me of my ailments and directed by God to donate from what I have inherited from my late husband for the good work of God,rather than to be used for an ungodly PURPOSE. But after much prayer, searching through your country listing I have asked God Almighty to direct me to a honest AND TRUSTWORTHY person that will use this Fund righteously to reach the needy. Treat Very Urgent and Please Respond back. Thanks Mrs Mary L Jones

I'm almost shaking with excitement. I can't believe that Mrs Mary L Jones chose me over every one else. Thing is, I'm not the saint that she thinks I am. I'm gonna pocket the 5 million and give none of it away. Sucker.

Next time I see you it will be from St Tropez.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Adopted two cats from the annual adoption event where shelters and agencies from all across central Indiana come together to provide pets at a low cost (having been spayed/neutered, given shots, and RFID chips) since my brother wanted our current cat to have company to combat his loneliness and lethargy. To be honest, I personally feel like I am going to end up being the one to take responsibility in the long run considering what special needs both require, which my brother is clueless about (he is... well, to be honest, he turned out to be the idiot I warned him about at these events that adopt for the sake of adopting) and lacks patience. One is an older cat that has feline immunodeficiency virus (the cat version of HIV/AIDS) and recently had to get serious dental work done that he adopted because "Ooh, Siamese!", while the other is a stray kitten that was rescued from a busy intersection less than a month ago which he chose because "Ooh, kitten!" and wandered away from me to look at while I did all the paperwork to adopt the first one.

The kitten's got a lot of energy and just needs a roommate, although I worry it will compromise sleep at night. The older cat needs to adjust to the environment of our apartment slowly, and I want to make sure he gets to eat and drink water as maintaining a compromised immune system involves keeping a solid intake of sustenance.
    Fair play for rescuing them. Our cats were rescues too.

Truly momentous day. I think I'm about to inherit a LOT of money. I received this e-mail this morning:

Dear Beloved I am Mrs Mary L Jones from STOCKHOLM SWEDEN, dear i am sorry for contact you here on by email but i have to as I am ill and might not survive according to my doctor as a result of cancer. I want to distribute my late husband funds to charity organizations in your country through you to use to build schools, hospitals and promise you the %15 percent of the Funds $5 Million US Dollars I have been touched By God during a prayer and fasting session for the Great Lord to heal me of my ailments and directed by God to donate from what I have inherited from my late husband for the good work of God,rather than to be used for an ungodly PURPOSE. But after much prayer, searching through your country listing I have asked God Almighty to direct me to a honest AND TRUSTWORTHY person that will use this Fund righteously to reach the needy. Treat Very Urgent and Please Respond back. Thanks Mrs Mary L Jones

I'm almost shaking with excitement. I can't believe that Mrs Mary L Jones chose me over every one else. Thing is, I'm not the saint that she thinks I am. I'm gonna pocket the 5 million and give none of it away. Sucker.

Next time I see you it will be from St Tropez.
    Don't be selfish. Build a hospital. The NHS needs all the help it can get.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Don't be selfish. Build a hospital. The NHS needs all the help it can get.
    Tell you what I'll do. You know those outdoor defibrillators that they've installed in towns and villages across the country? I'll spring for one of those. That way I'm helping our beleaguered health service AND I get my plush villa in the Tuscany hills. You can't say fairer than that. I'm not made of stone after all.

(In all seriousness, I'm actually thinking about setting up a fake e-mail account and playing along with this clown)

Tell you what I'll do. You know those outdoor defibrillators that they've installed in towns and villages across the country? I'll spring for one of those. That way I'm helping our beleaguered health service AND I get my plush villa in the Tuscany hills. You can't say fairer than that. I'm not made of stone after all.

(In all seriousness, I'm actually thinking about setting up a fake e-mail account and playing along with this clown)
    Actually, you could just save the cash and we can train everyone to do it the Mr Bean way...

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Actually, you could just save the cash and we can train everyone to do it the Mr Bean way...
    We're gonna have to go down the old-fashioned, Mr. Bean route with this anyway.

I'll level with you. I've been looking into these defibrillators and it seems that they can set you back nearly two grand for a really good one! I'm sorry, I know I said I wasn't made of stone but I'm afraid that I can't afford both that and the luxury condo in Fuerteventura that I've already gone and slapped a deposit on. I'm looking into getting my hands on a couple of hospital stretchers though to make up for it.

We wouldn't have had this problem if Mrs Mary L Jones from STOCKHOLM SWEDEN, had coughed up another million or so. But that's the situation we're stuck with.

Extraordinary Member

Speaking of the NHS needing help, I am meeting a 'well-known but not successful' politician in Parliament tomorrow to discuss poverty.

Speaking of the NHS needing help, I am meeting a 'well-known but not successful' politician in Parliament tomorrow to discuss poverty.
    'Well known but not successful' doesn't narrow that down by a great deal if we're being honest. You mean a current member of parliament? Good luck regardless of who it is.

Bad news on the stretchers. It's a no deal. I have managed to do a deal on a few boxes of wet wipes for Burnley General Hospital though.

Is s/he going to hit you up for some money on the matter?

'Well known but not successful' doesn't narrow that down by a great deal if we're being honest. You mean a current member of parliament? Good luck regardless of who it is.

Bad news on the stretchers. It's a no deal. I have managed to do a deal on a few boxes of wet wipes for Burnley General Hospital though.
    DebkoX is sorting out poverty and WillieMorgan is sorting out wet wipes for Burnley. CBR forums making the world a better place.

Today I'm a humbled man. The Lord visited me during the night and, well, he wasn't best pleased with me to say the least.

It's rare that a person is given the opportunity to do real good in the world. Yesterday I was fortunate enough to receive an e-mail from a modern day saint and true philanthropist in Mrs Mary L Jones from STOCKHOLM SWEDEN, and given the chance of a lifetime to help people. And what was I most bothered about? Gold plated fixtures and fittings for my new Malibu mansion. For shame. The Lord wasn't shy in letting me know how vain and greedy I was being.

(Although it could have just been a dream....)

Luckily, the deals still on. I just have to pay a grand in administration fees to activate my new account with the Royal Bank Of Scotland and we're good to go. Oddly enough I was able to track the bank's IP address and, for some reason, it's the Nairobi branch of RBS. I'm sure that's just a logistics thing. I'm off to the bank right now to get the grand sent off. And then I'm a millionaire. I'm chastened though and might give it all away on here.

God bless you Mrs Mary L Jones of STOCKHOLM SWEDEN,. If only there were more genuine people in the world like you.