Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: CBR Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    ^And it starts again on March 10th for you guys next year, whilst we won't have to turn the clocks forward until March 31st... It used to throw me off a little when American posters announced that the clocks had gone forward by an hour, and I'd be like "Oh crud, I forgot about it?!?"
    Well, quite a few years ago there was a stretch when DST for the US stated on first Sunday in April and ended on the last Sunday in October. And we still have the joy of remembering which parts of the US change for DST and which few places don't make any time change.

Extraordinary Member

Canadians here how dafuq do you cope with this weather.

One second it is -1 and snowing then it is eight degrees. I was joking with a woman in Dollarama and she pointed out a guy wearing sandals.

The hell is this?!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, quite a few years ago there was a stretch when DST for the US stated on first Sunday in April and ended on the last Sunday in October. And we still have the joy of remembering which parts of the US change for DST and which few places don't make any time change.
    I think Arizona doesn't recognize DST, but I'm not sure.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I think Arizona doesn't recognize DST, but I'm not sure.
    Arizona doesn't (except, apparently, in the Navajo tribal lands) and Hawaii doesn't. I thought maybe half of Indiana didn't because the state was in two time zones, but things may have changed since I last checked.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Blank Comics!!! Is that a thing? Seriously? Who's the target audience? Sometimes. Don't get. Humans.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Blank Comics!!! Is that a thing? Seriously? Who's the target audience? Sometimes. Don't get. Humans.
    Well, there's 24-HOUR COMICS DAY, which was what DC recently linked it's blank issues for Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman to.
    Also, the guy at my comic book shop said a lot of people buy them to use for artist sketches at comic cons and such since they are a lot lighter than carrying around a full-blown sketchbook. You can have artists do all Batman Family-related characters in the Batman book so that you have a faster way of finding those sketches, then have people do Superman-related sketches in the Superman issue, and so on.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Arizona doesn't (except, apparently, in the Navajo tribal lands) and Hawaii doesn't. I thought maybe half of Indiana didn't because the state was in two time zones, but things may have changed since I last checked.
    Well, that reminds me to buy fresh batteries for my smoke detectors this weekend. I always change them when the clocks are set forward or back.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I had 3 good deliveries come today. Avengers: Infinity War on blu ray, Red Dead Redemption 2 on Xbox One and the Michelinie/McFarlane Spidey omnibus
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Well, there's 24-HOUR COMICS DAY, which was what DC recently linked it's blank issues for Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman to.
    Also, the guy at my comic book shop said a lot of people buy them to use for artist sketches at comic cons and such since they are a lot lighter than carrying around a full-blown sketchbook. You can have artists do all Batman Family-related characters in the Batman book so that you have a faster way of finding those sketches, then have people do Superman-related sketches in the Superman issue, and so on.
    Thanks for making it clear, Major. I suspected artists as target audience but wouldn't know exactly how and why

I just had lunch at seoul garden.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I had 3 good deliveries come today. Avengers: Infinity War on blu ray, Red Dead Redemption 2 on Xbox One and the Michelinie/McFarlane Spidey omnibus
    Sounds like a perfect delivery!

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Sounds like a perfect delivery!
    It was! I've also just ordered Bryan Adams tickets for Nottingham in March! This will be the 4th time I've seen him in less than 5 years. Can't wait!

Extraordinary Member

It was! I've also just ordered Bryan Adams tickets for Nottingham in March! This will be the 4th time I've seen him in less than 5 years. Can't wait!
    Ok I am not jealous.

Ok.

I am

How is he holding up? Must be doing well to still be performing at a high level.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Ok I am not jealous.

Ok.

I am

How is he holding up? Must be doing well to still be performing at a high level.
    He's still got it. The past 3 times I've seen him he's been brilliant. I've got tickets for the 5th row from the stage too. Over the moon!

Extraordinary Member

He's still got it. The past 3 times I've seen him he's been brilliant. I've got tickets for the 5th row from the stage too. Over the moon!
    Buzzing for you pal! Hope you enjoy it [again].

I'm off to Washington tonight/tomorrow morning!