Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: CBR Chat

I bought a new Kallax from Ikea yesterday and finished putting it together last night. Later this afternoon I have the fun part of reorganising my books.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Today I was featured on the Bolo Books mystery blog "Composite Sketch" interview series. You can check it out HERE!
    I'm going to have to post some Debbie Gibson for you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm going to have to post some Debbie Gibson for you soon!
    Ha! No need.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I admit I love watching some food reviews. One guy (name escapes me) is young and wears a suit and tie as he tries some latest fast food item. But one of my favorites was Daym Drops . The guy famous for this video.

The guy became a bit of a youtube celebrity for this and would do a ton of reviews. A good many I'd tune in to watch over the years. He seemed to be an ok sort doing them and had fun joking around. Someone who wasn't serious and who seemed to enjoy his youtube fame which allowed him to earn his living this way.

But the last couple weeks have been ....weird. One video a couple weeks ago showed him seemingly showing off ala a hip hop star in some fancy motel with food. Then he dyed his hair blond . Which is one of those ....really ? Which hey I have seen folks dye their hair but the video and showing off seemed so unlike the guy who'd do his food reviews.

Then he did a video claiming his wife had kicked him out and was getting an apartment. No idea if this is to try and create "drama" videos to sell his channel and drift it that way or not. But its like...could you shoot a video having fun eating the latest Burger King like I once enjoyed ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Just got power back after losing it for a little over three hours (which kinda sucks in the middle of winter).

What's even more fun, where I live we're on well water, so you need electricity for the system to supply the water (including when you flush the toilet).

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Glad you have your power back at least MajorHoy. That does sound like it sucks though regarding the water.

Well one of my dreams came true last night. I went to watch Bryan Adams in Nottingham on his Shine a Light tour, and after the show...I got to meet him!

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Well one of my dreams came true last night. I went to watch Bryan Adams in Nottingham on his Shine a Light tour, and after the show...I got to meet him!
    Nice. It's always great to get to meet the musicians you like!
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

I bought a new Kallax from Ikea yesterday and finished putting it together last night. Later this afternoon I have the fun part of reorganising my books.
    Pictures please!

Extraordinary Member

Well done! How was it? He was in a nearby city here recently, but it was too pricey and I have a bad cold.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I admit I love watching some food reviews. One guy (name escapes me) is young and wears a suit and tie as he tries some latest fast food item. But one of my favorites was Daym Drops . The guy famous for this video.

The guy became a bit of a youtube celebrity for this and would do a ton of reviews. A good many I'd tune in to watch over the years. He seemed to be an ok sort doing them and had fun joking around. Someone who wasn't serious and who seemed to enjoy his youtube fame which allowed him to earn his living this way.

But the last couple weeks have been ....weird. One video a couple weeks ago showed him seemingly showing off ala a hip hop star in some fancy motel with food. Then he dyed his hair blond . Which is one of those ....really ? Which hey I have seen folks dye their hair but the video and showing off seemed so unlike the guy who'd do his food reviews.

Then he did a video claiming his wife had kicked him out and was getting an apartment. No idea if this is to try and create "drama" videos to sell his channel and drift it that way or not. But its like...could you shoot a video having fun eating the latest Burger King like I once enjoyed ?
    The guy with the suit is funny, but kinda forced awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Pictures please!
    I'll have a tidy up and get some pictures. I've ended up with some spaces, so my collection has room to grow...a bit anyway lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Nice. It's always great to get to meet the musicians you like!
    Thanks!

Well done! How was it? He was in a nearby city here recently, but it was too pricey and I have a bad cold.
    It was brilliant. I know some people say you should never meet your heroes, but he was a gent. Really polite and thankful of me buying his albums and buying tickets to see him tour.

Can't wait for this Storm Freya to end. Feels like the windows are going to be ripped from the house!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The guy with the suit is funny, but kinda forced awkward.
    That seems to be his character he is going for. This fancy awkward type guy who does these reviews. Daym was more of a comical reviewer as we see.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Last night, I ordered my tickets to see Captain Marvel this Saturday. It's not a film I feel desperate to see but feel like I need to see it before Endgame and I had nothing else to do on Saturday.