Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: CBR Chat

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Aha thank you I've been a little busier than expected this year, but hoping to keep a presence here.

I've personally been watching a lot of thrillers like the Stranger.
    Speaking of football, I've just watched the first series of that AFC Sunderland documentary. I have no particular affinity for Sunderland one way or the other, I'm from the other side of the North of England, but I did really enjoy it.

It humanised both the sport itself and the effect that under-performance and failure can have on a local community really well. It also has a gorgeous intro theme song called Shipyards. Good stuff.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Speaking of football, I've just watched the first series of that AFC Sunderland documentary. I have no particular affinity for Sunderland one way or the other, I'm from the other side of the North of England, but I did really enjoy it.

It humanised both the sport itself and the effect that under-performance and failure can have on a local community really well. It also has a gorgeous intro theme song called Shipyards. Good stuff.
    The Sunderland documentaries are amazing. The second season is more about the owner though.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Since there's nothing on the tele at the moment, my wife and I have been rewatching Death In Paradise. Don't know if anyone else has ever seen it but it's a nice and light programme (IMO at least) and at least it passes the time LOL.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Since there's nothing on the tele at the moment, my wife and I have been rewatching Death In Paradise. Don't know if anyone else has ever seen it but it's a nice and light programme (IMO at least) and at least it passes the time LOL.
    Quiz on ITV was good!

Extraordinary Member

I have a family member who is a key worker and someone just gave me a package with 60 face masks for free. I just realised that they had them imported from China and didn't even open the package before giving it to me...

It's raining. Finally. Halle-bloody-lujah.

It's very typically British luck that our current lock-down, such as it is, manages to coincide with the loveliest Spring for many years. It's been beautiful sunshine for at least the last fortnight round my neck of the woods.

If we're gonna be mainly stuck indoors for the foreseeable future then the weather might as well be miserable too.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Raining here too for the first time in a while, think it's only the second time it's rained since the lockdown.

Extraordinary Member

I enjoyed the rain....

Extraordinary Member

Since I have effectively graduated and have finished university with no more classes and few assignments, but no actual graduation to come and no ceremony and no job lined up I decided to treat myself to a Switch!

Since I have effectively graduated and have finished university with no more classes and few assignments, but no actual graduation to come and no ceremony and no job lined up I decided to treat myself to a Switch!
    Nice one. I used to love the Nintendo consoles. Are you enjoying it?
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Nice! I'd love a Switch. What games you got? Breath of the Wild would be my first purchase if I do ever get one!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

It is arriving tomorrow and I ordered Animal Crossing and Pokemon Sword!

I used to be a huge Nintendo fan. I was a gamer from the SNES days right through to the Wii. It was actually the Wii that made me lose interest even though I'm glad it was such a huge hit for the company. It was predominantly centred around 'party games' and that didn't interest me.

God, such great games. Zelda (A Link To The Past, The Ocarina Of Time, The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess). Mario (Super Mario Land, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy). The F-Zero and Metroid games.

Wrong thread I know, just great days. The Sega Megadrive/Genesis was awesome too.
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 04-30-2020 at 06:17 AM.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

I've always been a huge Nintendo fan as well. I've still got my NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii and a few versions of the DS. I spent so many hours doing multiplayer games round friends houses after school playing the likes of Goldeneye, Mario Kart and Fifa. I miss Zelda a lot, which is why I really want a Switch but the prices just aren't coming down enough to justify getting one when I've already got an Xbox One S.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I've always been a huge Nintendo fan as well. I've still got my NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii and a few versions of the DS. I spent so many hours doing multiplayer games round friends houses after school playing the likes of Goldeneye, Mario Kart and Fifa. I miss Zelda a lot, which is why I really want a Switch but the prices just aren't coming down enough to justify getting one when I've already got an Xbox One S.
    I so wish I'd kept my Gamecube. For me, it's the most underrated console of all time. Although not a flop, it's sales were underwhelming by Nintendo standards. I simply loved it though.

It just had so many awesome games. The Metriod Prime series, The Wind Waker, F-Zero GX, the last Rare game before jumping ship to Microsoft Starfox Adventures, the remade Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes. And Ubisoft were on fire. The Prince Of Persia games, Beyond Good And Evil. Mario Kart: Double Dash remains my favourite of the series. I finally got to play the two Sonic Adventure games. The only disappointment was Super Mario Sunshine which was underwhelming and tiresomely difficult.

The design of the console was ace. The joypad perfect. I loved the Gamecube. It's very expensive to collect nowadays otherwise I'd be all over that. God, I regret selling my Gamecube.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!