Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748 LastLast

Thread: CBR Chat

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I so wish I'd kept my Gamecube. For me, it's the most underrated console of all time. Although not a flop, it's sales were underwhelming by Nintendo standards. I simply loved it though.

It just had so many awesome games. The Metriod Prime series, The Wind Waker, F-Zero GX, the last Rare game before jumping ship to Microsoft Starfox Adventures, the remade Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes. And Ubisoft were on fire. The Prince Of Persia games, Beyond Good And Evil. Mario Kart: Double Dash remains my favourite of the series. I finally got to play the two Sonic Adventure games. The only disappointment was Super Mario Sunshine which was underwhelming and tiresomely difficult.

The design of the console was ace. The joypad perfect. I loved the Gamecube. It's very expensive to collect nowadays otherwise I'd be all over that. God, I regret selling my Gamecube.
    I've got 2 Gamecubes here at home because my wife had one as well lol. Yeah those games you mentioned were some of my favourites as well. Prince of Persia: Sands of Time was brilliant. I've been tempted to set a Gamecube up to replay The Wind Waker to get a Zelda fix seeing as I can't get a Switch at the moment. I agree with Mario Sunshine, although the effects of the water on that game were amazing at the time, and that's one thing that I can still remember thinking "wow that's amazing!" lol.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I've got 2 Gamecubes here at home because my wife had one as well lol. Yeah those games you mentioned were some of my favourites as well. Prince of Persia: Sands of Time was brilliant. I've been tempted to set a Gamecube up to replay The Wind Waker to get a Zelda fix seeing as I can't get a Switch at the moment. I agree with Mario Sunshine, although the effects of the water on that game were amazing at the time, and that's one thing that I can still remember thinking "wow that's amazing!" lol.
    Two Gamecubes you say? Well, I can give you fifty quid to take one of them off your hands .

I was very close to getting myself one of those Sega Megadrive Minis last year. It's choc-a-bloc full of great 16-bit games. I had to move house though and economise a bit and that fell through. Still thinking about it.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Two Gamecubes you say? Well, I can give you fifty quid to take one of them off your hands .

I was very close to getting myself one of those Sega Megadrive Minis last year. It's choc-a-bloc full of great 16-bit games. I had to move house though and economise a bit and that fell through. Still thinking about it.
    I'll ask Mrs FluffySheep if she's willing to part with hers because I'm definitely not selling mine sorry lol.

I was tempted by the Megadrive mini too. I've got the NES mini, which is good for a quick 10 minute blast now and again.

I'll ask Mrs FluffySheep if she's willing to part with hers because I'm definitely not selling mine sorry lol.

I was tempted by the Megadrive mini too. I've got the NES mini, which is good for a quick 10 minute blast now and again.
    There's the SNES Mini as well. That one's been a bit skimpy on the number of games though (20 as opposed to the Sega one's 40). I just checked it out on Amazon and it was £188. I'll pass, thanks.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

I decided to treat myself tonight.

The local Indian Restaurant has been closed for weeks for obvious reasons. They've recently opened up for takeaways only as that's allowed. Just been over and ordered a few things to eat.

The lads are great over there and deserve support in these times. It might not sit well on my stomach later but I'm happy to help a local business out.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

I decided to treat myself tonight.

The local Indian Restaurant has been closed for weeks for obvious reasons. They've recently opened up for takeaways only as that's allowed. Just been over and ordered a few things to eat.

The lads are great over there and deserve support in these times. It might not sit well on my stomach later but I'm happy to help a local business out.
    We've got quite a few restaurants doing takeaways open near us but we're yet to order one. We've ordered plants from a small local garden centre this week though. It supports their business and gives us something to do in the garden this weekend.

Extraordinary Member

We've got quite a few restaurants doing takeaways open near us but we're yet to order one. We've ordered plants from a small local garden centre this week though. It supports their business and gives us something to do in the garden this weekend.
    I've taken up to treating plants in my room. It does help! Tesco has a lot reduced these days and Aldi has a good selection of catci.

I also signed up for Marvel unlimited.
    Last edited by DebkoX; 05-01-2020 at 01:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Since I have effectively graduated and have finished university with no more classes and few assignments, but no actual graduation to come and no ceremony and no job lined up I decided to treat myself to a Switch!
    Enjoy your Switch . Glad that you're nearly done with your university.

A mate of mine used to have a Gamecube himself and he wishes he kept it too. He's planning on getting one after the lockdown.
    I've taken up to treating plants in my room. It does help! Tesco has a lot reduced these days and Aldi has a good selection of catci.

I also signed up for Marvel unlimited.
    Hope you enjoy your Marvel Unlimited. And enjoy your plants.

So it seems New Comic Book Day is now going to be two days.

Also, Rose City Comic Con has been called off for this year.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

My laptop charger has stopped working so it’s harder to post

There's the SNES Mini as well. That one's been a bit skimpy on the number of games though (20 as opposed to the Sega one's 40). I just checked it out on Amazon and it was £188. I'll pass, thanks.
    I lucked out. My dad got me the SNES mini last year for christmas. I love Playing FF3 and Zelda. And me and my dad bust out Street Fighter every few days. It had some great games on there. Sega has 40 but I dont play most of those games. I am wanting to get the NES mini if anyone can tell me what it is like that would be great.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

My laptop charger has stopped working so it’s harder to post
    It might not be the charger, it might be the laptop battery.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It might not be the charger, it might be the laptop battery.
    It was the charger thankfully. The new one works ok.

Damn it is sizzling in the UK today.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Hey, hope everyone's doing ok.

BTW. Can anyone recommend a good present for an 18-year old girl? My Niece turns 18 next month and I'm a bit stuck what to get her.

Give her money.