Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: CBR Chat

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Say, is it just me, or has everyone’s avatars gone missing?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Say, is it just me, or has everyone’s avatars gone missing?
    I just noticed that

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I just noticed that
    I want to know why this is a unfunny prank if it is a prank.

I'm extremely happy to see that I have a new hair on the front center area of my head this week which could grow to normal length.

My hair is straight and wavy, and that can't be shown if the hair is short or if I'm bald. Also for me 0 desirable hairstyles for the short hairstyles.

I have the goal to naturally regrow my hair full and thick, currently a widow's peak with fine hair and thin edges so it's great to see any visible fruit or visible progress.
    I've seen visible progress since I started and may have found the best products for natural hair regrowth along with best food and drink that is green tea which eliminates excess dht.

Truth bombs for the 9 to 5 crowd:

I could post this question elswwhere, but I this is as good a place as any.

Is Aunt May, Peter Parker's Guardian, his 'Aunt' or his 'Great Aunt'? She always seemed too old to simply be his Aunt.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

Is Aunt May, Peter Parker's Guardian, his 'Aunt' or his 'Great Aunt'? She always seemed too old to simply be his Aunt.
    Well as time has passed they have drawn Aunt May younger to make her fit as his Aunt. In the early days she was drawn as some near 80+ year old woman and no one really said a word. Of course back in 2000's they did a miniseries (that everyone disregards at Marvel it seems) called Trouble which seemingly made her the mother of Peter Parker I believe. But no one accepts it and just forgot it was published.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

His secret sister.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Hope everyone is okay as far as the Hurricane Florence storm is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well as time has passed they have drawn Aunt May younger to make her fit as his Aunt. In the early days she was drawn as some near 80+ year old woman and no one really said a word. Of course back in 2000's they did a miniseries (that everyone disregards at Marvel it seems) called Trouble which seemingly made her the mother of Peter Parker I believe. But no one accepts it and just forgot it was published.
    I never read Ultimate Spider-Man, but May seemed younger there, perhaps in her early to mid 60's.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I believe that series was one of Marvel's most misguided attempts at reaching a female audience ever.

As a result of a time-traveler adventure that Peter doesn't remember, she's actually Peter's daughter.

Just kidding!

Assuming Ben is Richard's older, older brother and may was a few years older than ben. And assuming Richard was up there in years when Peter was born, may could be a considerably older Aunt. I went to school with an uncle who was younger than his niece and both were in the same grade with me.

She is secretly his actual mother who apparently suffers progeria, or used to suffer that before she died five times in comics and then resurrected every time to be deaged further.

Or you can completely ignore what a slut she is in Trouble mini series for having sex with everyone including Richard Parker (not the tiger from Life of Pi) who impregnated her in that alternate reality story, and think of her as the doting widow of the brother of Peter Parker's dead father.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I never read Ultimate Spider-Man, but May seemed younger there, perhaps in her early to mid 60's.
    I don't think they determined her actual age in any issue before Miles Morales appeared on the scene, but she was shown to have a job, so I guess younger than retirement age.
    And she is the sister of Peter's mom.
    Last edited by Speed Force League Unlimited; 09-26-2018 at 02:40 AM.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Anyone have any Friday night plans? I'm going out for a curry tonight. First night out for weeks!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Assuming Ben is Richard's older, older brother and may was a few years older than ben. And assuming Richard was up there in years when Peter was born, may could be a considerably older Aunt. I went to school with an uncle who was younger than his niece and both were in the same grade with me.
    So I guess whenever he rassled you to the ground... you had to say 'Uncle', right?
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me