Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Is there any way that Marvel remembers Amora the Enchantress, Lorelei and Sylvie Lushton in any of their Asgardian Stories? It's frustrating not to see any of them.

Please, hope someone says anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Is there any way that Marvel remembers Amora the Enchantress, Lorelei and Sylvie Lushton in any of their Asgardian Stories? It's frustrating not to see any of them.

Please, hope someone says anything.
    Well, yesterday NYCC announced this:

So cross your fingers!

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    Well, yesterday NYCC announced this:

So cross your fingers!
    Yeah, but regarding Aaron, not sure. I have a lot of fear, totally frightened.

I very much doubt they'd have the entirety of Asgard at war and not have Amora present, even if she's on the peripheral. They'll likely forget Lorelei but Amora is a major Asgardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I very much doubt they'd have the entirety of Asgard at war and not have Amora present, even if she's on the peripheral. They'll likely forget Lorelei but Amora is a major Asgardian.
    I do not know, but for me it is terrible that since Aaron is responsible for the series of Thor, the Enchantress has only appeared on two occasions and barely more, it shows me that the character he does not care even the smallest thing or he has little knowledge of who she is or all the importance she has, including the fact that when she has appeared it seems that the only thing she has done has been to go back to her old roots and not have a minimum point of development.

About Lorelei, it can be justified in the fact that Asgard that is supposed to be her home, she does not care about the slightest and now that she is with Sigurd, to be on Earth doing what she is supposed to do (steal, relax, have a partner who she is probably in love) is more important and more far from conflicts than to protect and be part of a kingdom.

And Sylvie Lushton would have to appear even if she was not Asgardian because she is supposed to be in one of those realms, lost and alone, sent at a random place by Amora and living her own adventures.

Aaron is just focusing on other parts of the mythology but she has appeared, so he does remember her. You'll just have to patient. Plenty of us have to wait months or years at a time to see our favourite characters.

Aaron is just focusing on other parts of the mythology but she has appeared, so he does remember her. You'll just have to patient. Plenty of us have to wait months or years at a time to see our favourite characters.
    For me, it's pretty unfair also the way Aaron is portraying The Enchantress is not a good way to do things right, it's just that a great ignorance of the development of the character because returning again to make her bad because of the sake of it, or turn her into a lackey of someone like Malekith remembering what he did with Lorelei in the Simonson's run is terrible, regrettable and pathetic because Amora is much more than Malekith in many ways, not inferior to him.

But Amora is a villain. Yes, she's played on the side of the angels on occasion but that was only to suit her own needs and desires. At her core character, she has always been manipulative, callous and self serving. So, having her fill a villainous role isn't out of character. As for working with Malekith, Amora would work with Satan himself if it got her what she wanted. Perhaps you don't like the harsher aspects of her character but it's how she's been, and always should be because it makes her compelling. Amora will do whatever it takes to further her own ambition, if that means playing with the heroes against a threat then she'll do it. If that means making allies with others, she'll do that too.

You can't look at her through rose-tinted glasses. She isn't a hero. She's a villain.

But Amora is a villain. Yes, she's played on the side of the angels on occasion but that was only to suit her own needs and desires. At her core character, she has always been manipulative, callous and self serving. So, having her fill a villainous role isn't out of character. As for working with Malekith, Amora would work with Satan himself if it got her what she wanted. Perhaps you don't like the harsher aspects of her character but it's how she's been, and always should be because it makes her compelling. Amora will do whatever it takes to further her own ambition, if that means playing with the heroes against a threat then she'll do it. If that means making allies with others, she'll do that too.

You can't look at her through rose-tinted glasses. She isn't a hero. She's a villain.
    I understand and I accept it , she's my personal favourite character but I think there are better ways of doing things and this is basically one of the things that I do not like about Aaron's run because the rest of the things he has done I have no complaint but what he does with the Enchantress, yes

I enjoy Amora too but I understand why she's been portrayed as malicious and conniving. I think that if you're waiting for some other interpretation of her, some big heroic change where she does the right thing for the right reasons, you'll be sorely disappointed. Chances are, if Avengers 4 doesn't get rid of Thor, Amora will eventually make an appearance in the MCU. For that reason alone, she won't have her status quo changed because she'll be appearing in it as a villain. I'm not sure if the issue is Aaron's writing or handling of Amora, or if you just expect her to be written in another way, because she's been pretty consistent as far as I'm considered. She certainly could have played a bigger role but duplicity is her nature, she normally manipulates others into doing the dirty work so she doesn't have to.

I enjoy Amora too but I understand why she's been portrayed as malicious and conniving. I think that if you're waiting for some other interpretation of her, some big heroic change where she does the right thing for the right reasons, you'll be sorely disappointed. Chances are, if Avengers 4 doesn't get rid of Thor, Amora will eventually make an appearance in the MCU. For that reason alone, she won't have her status quo changed because she'll be appearing in it as a villain. I'm not sure if the issue is Aaron's writing or handling of Amora, or if you just expect her to be written in another way, because she's been pretty consistent as far as I'm considered. She certainly could have played a bigger role but duplicity is her nature, she normally manipulates others into doing the dirty work so she doesn't have to.
    For me, is an involution and I would love an evolution like characters as Magneto, Doctor Doom or Loki, why her should be different? Even female villains like Mystique, Selene, Emma Frost, Moonstone, Screaming Mimi (Songbird) have it.

She was the first one from Marvel beginnings and should be more respected.

None of those characters are good examples. They're evolved into heroes when it suits and then regressed back to villainy when the story requires it. With the exception of Songbird, none of them have had a consistent arc of character growth. You keep saying Amora isn't respected but when she does play a role in a story, as an active participant, she's normally portrayed as powerful, seductive and deadly. They do respect her but that doesn't mean changing her character. She can be a villain, lurking in the shadows and pulling strings when it suits her, without being disrespected by the editors.