Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    None of those characters are good examples. They're evolved into heroes when it suits and then regressed back to villainy when the story requires it. With the exception of Songbird, none of them have had a consistent arc of character growth. You keep saying Amora isn't respected but when she does play a role in a story, as an active participant, she's normally portrayed as powerful, seductive and deadly. They do respect her but that doesn't mean changing her character. She can be a villain, lurking in the shadows and pulling strings when it suits her, without being disrespected by the editors.
    I would love to see something to change soon, just making her important enough not being reduced to little cameos or little irrelevant participations like it were the last appearances she had, also I don`t say anything about other characters because they were pretty special cases like Scarlet Witch and Rogue.

I would like there to be coherence because the last few years that has not existed and confused a lot because no writer seems to have clear what to do with her and I do not think it is so difficult because ideas and situations are many to do, Amora is a character very versatile and always reducing her to the same things, hurts the character to points of no return and there is no good development because it is always the same situations and things.

Scarlet Witch and Rogue are different because they've been heroes for most of their publication. Amora has been a villain for hers.

Also, I'm not sure a lot of people care that much. Most of this thread has just been the two of us for the last few pages (at least). Amora isn't a major player so writers don't utilise her as one. She's brought in when they need a scheming sorceress. All I have left to say is she'll likely get some page-time in War of the Realms but Marvel isn't going to elevate her to a major threat of there's hardly anyone calling out for it. She is versatile to an extent but she's too duplicitous to ever be trusted.

Scarlet Witch and Rogue are different because they've been heroes for most of their publication. Amora has been a villain for hers.

Also, I'm not sure a lot of people care that much. Most of this thread has just been the two of us for the last few pages (at least). Amora isn't a major player so writers don't utilise her as one. She's brought in when they need a scheming sorceress. All I have left to say is she'll likely get some page-time in War of the Realms but Marvel isn't going to elevate her to a major threat of there's hardly anyone calling out for it. She is versatile to an extent but she's too duplicitous to ever be trusted.

So you do not think so different from me about how Marvel is treating her in the last few years.

In the last thing you say, you could define Loki in the same way.

I would like people to contribute more like in the old thread, but it is not so easy when there is so much obsession for characters like Namor or the Black Panther or anything regarding the MCU, if you saw their threads there is an immense amount of replies.

Personally, I thank you for discussing these issues.

Loki is very similar. Which begs the question, why use Amora when you can use Loki? They fulfil the same role. From a writers perspective, I wouldn't even have both of them in the same book because little differentiates one from the other. Even their colour schemes are similar. If anything, I'd use Loki because he has brand value and as a wielder of seidr (which is traditionally feminine), he breaks gender roles in a good way for a story.

That's because the number of fans for Namor and Black Panther by far outweigh Amora. As a marketing tool, that's an indicator to tell stories with them before addressing her. She doesn't have an army of fans who want her back, at most she has a lot of people who like her when she appears but don't give much thought to her when she doesn't. Marvel won't sell books because she's in them but she still appears every now and again when necessary. Some characters work better that way.

Loki is very similar. Which begs the question, why use Amora when you can use Loki? They fulfil the same role. From a writers perspective, I wouldn't even have both of them in the same book because little differentiates one from the other. Even their colour schemes are similar. If anything, I'd use Loki because he has brand value and as a wielder of seidr (which is traditionally feminine), he breaks gender roles in a good way for a story.

That's because the number of fans for Namor and Black Panther by far outweigh Amora. As a marketing tool, that's an indicator to tell stories with them before addressing her. She doesn't have an army of fans who want her back, at most she has a lot of people who like her when she appears but don't give much thought to her when she doesn't. Marvel won't sell books because she's in them but she still appears every now and again when necessary. Some characters work better that way.
    They are not exactly similar or do you think Amora/Lorelei sisterly relationship is the same than Loki/Thor? Amora and Lorelei are blood sisters but they were never in good terms and are very far the one from the other one (Lorelei seems an heroine now with Sigurd), Loki is Thor's half brother and personal nemesis.

Try to look for the differences, please, they are not the same and not fulfill the same role.

Actually there is the naive and human Sylvie Lushton too turned into a teenage version of the Enchantress herself by Loki.

Before the movies, they were a lot of people talking about Black Panther.

Do you think I have to surrender already and forget everything regarding the Enchantress because she is not in the MCU and have barely a relevance on comics now or continue talking trying to never forget her existence and still feel frustrated because Marvel doesn't know what to do with her until some writer shows a real love for her?

Suicide Squad movie from DC also hurts a lot because they use their Enchantress in the movie that never was relevant on comics but when she was, she was better written by Amora in Marvel.

It doesn't matter what the siblings biological relationship is. That's another similar point: Amora can't stand Lorelei and Loki doesn't normally like Thor. The sibling dynamic is another reason to use one and not both of them. And Lorelei is semi-retired now with Sigurd. She hasn't been seen since that Hercules book. The biggest difference between them? Amora is female. And even then, Loki is sometimes too. Both are grounded in their obsessions with Thor, one after his love and the other after his role as Asgard's next ruler. They aren't dissimilar enough to be in the same book as protagonists.

Sylvie Lushton is a waste of a character that only filled the role that Amora should have. Sylvie as an option actually lowers the chances of Amora appearing so she'd be better off staying in Limbo.

I think it's blatantly wrong to say June Moone wasn't relevant in the comics. She's been a hero and a villain. She's served on the Suicide Squad and led the Shadowpact. She faced off against Justice League Dark and the Trinity. She's far from irrelevant. Her schtick is also more unique. She's not just another sorceress, June and Enchantress are separate characters cursed to share a body and each hates the other. That makes her distinct. Amora hasn't suffered because of her.

And no, I don't think you should give up. Amora's not dead. She will return eventually. I just think you need to accept that she's not currently in a book and wait for her to come back. This thread isn't pumped with commenters because she isn't appearing. There's nothing new to talk about in relation to her. When she comes back, people will discuss it and then move on until the next time she appears. That's how these things work.

It doesn't matter what the siblings biological relationship is. That's another similar point: Amora can't stand Lorelei and Loki doesn't normally like Thor. The sibling dynamic is another reason to use one and not both of them. And Lorelei is semi-retired now with Sigurd. She hasn't been seen since that Hercules book. The biggest difference between them? Amora is female. And even then, Loki is sometimes too. Both are grounded in their obsessions with Thor, one after his love and the other after his role as Asgard's next ruler. They aren't dissimilar enough to be in the same book as protagonists.
    There may be your point, but it is not something to be discarded because there are many situations in which the differences between all of them can be seen.

Sylvie Lushton is a waste of a character that only filled the role that Amora should have. Sylvie as an option actually lowers the chances of Amora appearing so she'd be better off staying in Limbo.
    For me, she is not a waste, Sylvie has a lot of potential and does not reduce the role of Amora in any case, rather it adds a new way to explore and opens doors to develop their relationship and learn more about the meaning of the name Enchantress, a way towards the path of the legacy.

I think it's blatantly wrong to say June Moone wasn't relevant in the comics. She's been a hero and a villain. She's served on the Suicide Squad and led the Shadowpact. She faced off against Justice League Dark and the Trinity. She's far from irrelevant. Her schtick is also more unique. She's not just another sorceress, June and Enchantress are separate characters cursed to share a body and each hates the other. That makes her distinct. Amora hasn't suffered because of her.
    That's why I said what I said, in several forums (tumblr, mostly) I see a lot of obsession from Suicide Squad movie with the Enchantress and all that and it seems that the Marvel Enchantress has been forgotten as if was nothing.

And no, I don't think you should give up. Amora's not dead. She will return eventually. I just think you need to accept that she's not currently in a book and wait for her to come back. This thread isn't pumped with commenters because she isn't appearing. There's nothing new to talk about in relation to her. When she comes back, people will discuss it and then move on until the next time she appears. That's how these things work.
    I know, from time to time I would like people to understand what I feel, they sure do a lot when it comes to their favorite characters and the way they are handled in the stories.

I accept it ,I can do it but most of the time I find it hard to do it when I see and I get angry with things i'm reading.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    It seems nice.

Amora the original Enchantress is another great comic book character. She is one of the best villainesses of all time far none.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Amora the original Enchantress is another great comic book character. She is one of the best villainesses of all time far none.
    Of course, she is.

But she need better development on writers part.

Yu Enchantress.jpg

Amora by Leinil Yu.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Yu Enchantress.jpg

Amora by Leinil Yu.
    Yeah, the Axis crossover.

yep.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Another month of Solicitations, this time with the Beginning of New Year, and the Enchantress is still missing on any place.

This is really frustrating.