Page 367 of 826 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417467 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 12380
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Propertarians love the police and say nothing about the state's monopoly on violence. They also love to ignore 400+ years of history and instead talk about abstract stuff like freedom and liberty.
    To a lot of them, freedom means "I shouldn't have to pay taxes."
    Last edited by ed2962; 08-05-2020 at 05:20 PM.

https://deadline.com/2020/08/captain...or-1202992213/

‘Captain Marvel 2’: ‘Candyman’s Nia DaCosta To Direct Sequel
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    https://deadline.com/2020/08/captain...or-1202992213/

‘Captain Marvel 2’: ‘Candyman’s Nia DaCosta To Direct Sequel
    You can see those fanboy tears.

Sad thing is you will plenty of beta black males join in bashing her saying she's unqualified.

New York Attorney General Letitia James on Thursday filed a lawsuit to dissolve the National Rifle Association, citing illegal financial misconduct by the organization’s leaders. She announced the lawsuit at a news briefing in New York City.

James said that in addition to breaking numerous state and federal laws, the NRA contributed to the loss of more than $64 million over three years.

In addition to shutting down the NRA, James seeks to recoup the lost funds and stop the four individuals from serving on the board of any not-for-profit charitable organization in New York state. The NRA has operated as a New York-registered 501(c)(4) not-for-profit corporation since 1871.

“The NRA’s influence has been so powerful that the organization went unchecked for decades while top executives funneled millions into their own pockets,” James said. “The NRA is fraught with fraud and abuse, which is why, today, we seek to dissolve the NRA, because no organization is above the law.”

James’s investigation of the NRA began in 2019.
    Go'head Sista!!
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

Go'head Sista!!
    Good for her.

The NRA showed their asses even before people were getting yanked off the streets by the Feds.

They didn't make a peep when Brionna Taylor's legally gun owning boyfriend got jumped by the Police in their own home.

Then there's Philando Castile...

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Good for her.

The NRA showed their asses even before people were getting yanked off the streets by the Feds.

They didn't make a peep when Brionna Taylor's legally gun owning boyfriend got jumped by the Police in their own home.

Then there's Philando Castile...
    ... RIP Philando Castile. Should come as no surprise, a hundred school school shootings and the NRA does the bullfighter ole every single time. To them he rated less than his ownership liscence.
    You bet yer ass.

You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Daniel about to sweep Award season.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You can see those fanboy tears.

Sad thing is you will plenty of beta black males join in bashing her saying she's unqualified.
    hell, she might be.

But Marvel has taken a lot of directors that seem "unqualified" and managed just fine. It is kind of their thing

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Daniel about to sweep Award season.
    i really hope Coogler gives him more to do in BP2. I think he'll have a heroic death but he needs more screen time now that Zuri and Klaue are dead.

Ultimate Member

I wish folks who hate Marvel movies just admit to it.
    I wish folks who hate Disney will just admit to it.

Instead of making up crap.

The job of a movie is to make money and be entertaining not be some artistic classic.

And NOT compare Black Panther to Poetic Justice and Black Klansman saying those movies are more original than Black Panther and say Marvel should hire 50 Cent to save the MCU.

The same 50 Cent who has ONE hit movie as a producer.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I wish folks who hate Marvel movies just admit to it.
    I wish folks who hate Disney will just admit to it.

Instead of making up crap.

The job of a movie is to make money and be entertaining not be some artistic classic.

And NOT compare Black Panther to Poetic Justice and Black Klansman saying those movies are more original than Black Panther and say Marvel should hire 50 Cent to save the MCU.

The same 50 Cent who has ONE hit movie as a producer.
    If you're referring to the thread on the Marvel forums, the guy that made that comment is the same troll that keeps getting banned and keeps coming back.

He has some bizarre obsessive hatred for Disney/Marvel. He says a lot of stuff that leans into comicsgate nonsense.

The moderators don't seem concerned until he becomes troublesome and gets banned again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    If you're referring to the thread on the Marvel forums, the guy that made that comment is the same troll that keeps getting banned and keeps coming back.

He has some bizarre obsessive hatred for Disney/Marvel. He says a lot of stuff that leans into comicsgate nonsense.

The moderators don't seem concerned until he becomes troublesome and gets banned again.
    After the reboot I'd have thought CBR would have a harder stance on gaters but there's a sizeable portion of them and they're not hiding. They're on other boards, too.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    After the reboot I'd have thought CBR would have a harder stance on gaters but there's a sizeable portion of them and they're not hiding. They're on other boards, too.
    I had a back and forth about this with one of the mods a while back. They're definitely not as active as before the reboot.

I mean, myself and some others got a temp ban because we engaged with this same troll.

Since then, I reduced my interactions on the forum. I only started more active engagement after George Floyd's death and that was in this forum and the politics forum.

Incredible Member

You know as one of the few black people that likes sci-fi and fantasy (supposedly) man watching shows like Locke and Key, the librarians, and Altered Carbon s1 really makes me sad that we still don't have a lot of black led adventure shows. It's part of the reason why I always liked Will Smith movies even if they weren't that great. He was the only one doing those fantasy adventure black movies without a gang related or urban setting story. Even wild west as bad as it was is something different.

It's why I hope Ryan Coogler keeps making his type of movies. I'm even excited for space jam 2 just because it's not the usual movie we have for us. The last kid friendly black led movie we had was into the spiderverse and before that I can't even name one. I'm also hoping his movies lead to more people not being afraid of a black led movie and worrying about getting forced a racial history lesson.