Page 269 of 824 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319369769 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 12353

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I mean, the switch is still worth it, Breath of the Wild is 30 hrs easy, unless you skip straight to Ganon, Odyssey is a lot of fun, Smash bros, I liked Arms, Link's awakening is coming out in September, Sword and Shield in November and there are a few gems in the eshop, but MUA seems like a 'roided up mobile game.
    I never got into Link stuff, Smash bros i loved when I had friends (lol...), pokemon SS looks terrible and dissapointing as hell (from a long time fan, hell, i'm playing the old games with my 7 year old right now lol)

i'll just continue to slowly get through my huge p4 back catalogue

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    None of the other MUA games were that long either. I remember beating part 2 the same night I bought it. IMO, you buy a switch for Fire Emblem 3 houses. Although honestly, the nintendo community has been trash lately. Too much smash drama, too many poke-pedos.
    whats going on with the joy cons?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I never got into Link stuff, Smash bros i loved when I had friends (lol...), pokemon SS looks terrible and dissapointing as hell (from a long time fan, hell, i'm playing the old games with my 7 year old right now lol)

i'll just continue to slowly get through my huge p4 back catalogue

whats going on with the joy cons?
    I get it, It's not for everyone. Honestly, Im having more fun playing the Pokemon Trading card game online than I ever had playing a mainstream pokemon game, except for Colosseum and Gale of Darkness.

Some kind of drifting issue with the Joy-cons, I don't know the full details.

Ed Boon gives us the first glimpse of Nightwolf in MK 11.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1152344467891982338

Extraordinary Member

It's fine by me if Hollywood is only in it for profit. Their mercenary mentality is still reflective of greater social change. They go where the money is, and the money is in diversity.
    If anything the resistace to diversity that we have seen for so long was bad business practice.

They have no problem with repeatedly revisiting the Western despite how badly they seem to do every time they try.

But when something like Waiting To Exhale underperforms and Black cinema gets cast to the wayside for a good ten years.

But Crazy Rich Asians cost 30 million to make.

It made 170 million here alone. 238 Million World Wide.

At this point ignoring diversity would be fiscal suicide for studios.

Hey, guys! I know its been a minute since I last posted, but currently doing a Kickstarter/preorders for my most recent comic series called Marassa. Its an Afrofuturism inspired series about twin brothers and sisters who are space pirates who find the map to their late parents' hidden treasure. Of course that attracts the attention of other space pirates, bountry hunters, aliens, evil empires, etc. You can get both issues 1 and 2 if you're behind, a combo of 60+ pages of story.

I've always wanted to have a diverse sci fi series with dope Black folk in space, haha.

Attachment 84925

Attachment 84926

Attachment 84927

http://kck.st/2G4UxDU
    Last edited by Greg; 07-22-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Hey, guys! I know its been a minute since I last posted, but currently doing a Kickstarter/preorders for my most recent comic series called Marassa. Its an Afrofuturism inspired series about twin brothers and sisters who are space pirates who find the map to their late parents' hidden treasure. Of course that attracts the attention of other space pirates, bountry hunters, aliens, evil empires, etc. You can get both issues 1 and 2 if you're behind, a combo of 60+ pages of story.

I've always wanted to have a diverse sci fi series with dope Black folk in space, haha.

Attachment 84925

Attachment 84926

Attachment 84927

http://kck.st/2G4UxDU

Wow, the Art looks really nice! Looking good there.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Wow, the Art looks really nice! Looking good there.
    Good looks, my man! Be sure to check out the link! Got a couple more dope visuals and a video! Hope you can jump on board!
    Kickstarter for my comic Is'nana the Were-Spider, Vol 1 and 2!

Horror/fantasy coming of age book about the son of Anansi the Spider seeking for his place in the world.

Astonishing Member

It's fine by me if Hollywood is only in it for profit. Their mercenary mentality is still reflective of greater social change. They go where the money is, and the money is in diversity.
    Ding Ding, like people fail to realize that Hollywood in general, is about making money. If you want movies that primarily focus on social advancement, you go to indie films. The reason movies where mostly white leads is due to 1) The racism founded in this country, and 2) The idea that only white protagonist would sell.
    If for the past 50+ years, the only movies that would sell were somehow black leads, then we would mostly have movies with black leads.

Now the confusion part happened where even though we had Will Smith, Westley Snipes, Denzel Washington, etc, Hollywood came up with the craziest notion that only white leads could sell. It literally made no sense seeing as the decade before that, we had such successful actors. This ideology came from producers who were financing the film, which were mostly white male conservatives. But there's only one thing that surpasses their inbreeded bigotry, and that's the possibility of making money. (See the ousted previous owner of the LA Clippers as a perfect example of that.)

Look at Sony, who has emails ousted indicating the bigoted hiring process they had. Sony was losing money on Spider Man, gives Spider Man to the MCU, decides they have to do something, and come up with Into The SpiderVerse, which became one of their most successful hits to date. Money forces change, and that's the thing when it comes to progression, it's almost always forced. It's never some "organic" change that happened over time. It's people fighting, scrapping, for change from the better.

Ultimate Member

Ding Ding, like people fail to realize that Hollywood in general, is about making money. If you want movies that primarily focus on social advancement, you go to indie films. The reason movies where mostly white leads is due to 1) The racism founded in this country, and 2) The idea that only white protagonist would sell.
    If for the past 50+ years, the only movies that would sell were somehow black leads, then we would mostly have movies with black leads.
    We have had black movies make money and sell. Yet we still saw goalpost moving and excuses made to not do more.

If they don't want to do it-they will find an excuse to NOT do it. A LOT of black creators will gladly tell you that.

2) The idea that only white protagonist would sell.

That is hilarious for last 50 years we have been hearing "Women Leads don't sell" "Black Leads don't sell" "Hard Scifi and Fantasy doesn't sell" "Most Black casts need a white lead to sell" Superhero movies don't work","Female superhero movies don't sell"etc. It is amazing how many myths keep getting busted.

Hollywood convinced themselves that certain things don't sell. They create self-fulling prophecy but not putting out the highest quality offering that does bad and they go look hey it doesn't sell. It is proven over and over you put out a high-quality project people will watch it. It has proven you target a niche you will make money. Tyler Perry is rolling dough because he makes movies targeting one specific audience "Black Women". Fenty from Rihanna is killing other makeup brands because targets black women(other makeup brands quickly followed after tho). Do you think all of sudden Black Women like makeup or movies? Hollywood has been ignoring minorities and leaving money on the table. Why is this change happening now because finally some minorities are sitting in the decision rooms and it isn't a bunch of good ole boys telling each other myths.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-23-2019 at 05:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Kevin Feige is knee deep in black Hollywood, and I have no complaints.

Trailer for the new Harriet Tubman biopic

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

This looks like a well-made movie, but man, I'm tired of inspirational slave flicks. The white audiences who snap up this Oscar bait are going to be sure to say, "Look at how far we've come." I predict a cinescore of 'A' for Abolition.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Or maybe it's because the majority of people in America are white, obsolete practices notwithstanding, or maybe it's because not all of the racist lunatics have been put in jail at this point. If you're as serious about the racism that you are speaking about in the very post that you have presented on this forum, then I imagine, and get more would-be black leads their jobs, then I imagine you'd be ready to support in hunting down the racists so as to get them all judged and be put in jail.

In any case, I suppose I can only say I hope you fare well in your progress beyond talking about the bad people on the internet all day and hope for the best. Good luck.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    That is hilarious for last 50 years we have been hearing "Women Leads don't sell" "Black Leads don't sell" "Hard Scifi and Fantasy doesn't sell" "Most Black casts need a white lead to sell" Superhero movies don't work","Female superhero movies don't sell"etc. It is amazing how many myths keep getting busted.

Hollywood convinced themselves that certain things don't sell. They create self-fulling prophecy but not putting out the highest quality offering that does bad and they go look hey it doesn't sell. It is proven over and over you put out a high-quality project people will watch it. It has proven you target a niche you will make money. Tyler Perry is rolling dough because he makes movies targeting one specific audience "Black Women". Fenty from Rihanna is killing other makeup brands because targets black women(other makeup brands quickly followed after tho). Do you think all of sudden Black Women like makeup or movies? Hollywood has been ignoring minorities and leaving money on the table. Why is this change happening now because finally some minorities are sitting in the decision rooms and it isn't a bunch of good ole boys telling each other myths.
    Thing is, the Hollywood status quo tend to look at diversity and representation as genres onto themselves rather than attributes. So when a couple majority minority cast movies don't do well, they go "Yep, that trend is over. Back to having only one black person per movie."