Page 122 of 828 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222622 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 12411
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

And the second being President of the World. These songs get me hyped.

"A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Honorable mention for Let's get it on, natch.

"A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Funny, I just had a debate with someone on Facebook about this. The person claimed that Blue Beetle shouldn't get a movie because his comics don't last. I pointed out how comic sales don't matter when it comes to movies being successful and how comics cater to a very niche, monotonous audience whereas movies do not.

Case in point, we live in a time where so called A-list heroes are being outgrossed by so called B-list and C-list ones... Hmmm
    I think it's because that's where all the "new" stories are. We seen Batman, Superman, and Spider-Man have their origins and stories told and retold 6+ times. Things like Wonder Woman, Aquaman, GotG, Deadpool, and Black Panther are all basically new ground.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Funny, I just had a debate with someone on Facebook about this. The person claimed that Blue Beetle shouldn't get a movie because his comics don't last. I pointed out how comic sales don't matter when it comes to movies being successful and how comics cater to a very niche, monotonous audience whereas movies do not.

Case in point, we live in a time where so called A-list heroes are being outgrossed by so called B-list and C-list ones... Hmmm
    This person wasn't worth debating. No one could honestly think the general audience cares about comic book sales.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    The RIver Tribe wouldn't let R. Kelly get within one hundred feet of Wakanda. Klaw would have to drop him from a plane, but even then, I doubt he'd get past the force field. Then there are those nano-mines laced throughout the air molecules of the Capital designed to detonate in your lungs if you don't possess Wakandan DNA and aren't a guest of the royal family. He'd be trapped in the matchbox.
    Damn....you thought of everything!

Perhaps if Kelly wore a variation of the Nolan-Bane mask, spoke like him, and unleashed a sonic scream (you got that vibe!) at the barrier?

Just swap out Bane's "No Survivors" with "Gimme that honey love"....

I'm grasping for straws.

Extraordinary Member

1) True Ronnie Firstorm was far more successful than either Dan or Ted Blue Beetle, which made him harder to replace, but at the same time that meant Firestorm was a stronger brand to be a part of. Also didn't stop Ted fans from bashing/boycotting Jaime, they still do it to this day.

2) No argument there. Just further proves Firestorm was a stronger brand than Blue Beetle, until Jaime Reyes came along that is.

3) Jaime was also derailed by the New 52. They took everything that worked in his OG series and did a complete 180. Then he was tossed into limbo for a good 3 years, to push Vibe, despite being a big part of YJ season 2.

4) At least Jason got to be a part of the main JL. Jaime got stuck with the JLI

5) Still not as bad as what happend to Jaime in the New 52. 1 good volume and usage in a decent book > canceled bad book and 3 years in limbo because DC can only push 1 Latino at a time.

6) Yeah, can't argue with you there. Jason was royally screwed over by Conway. Though to be fair, DC almost did the same to Jaime by introducing a young Ted during the New 52.

7) Yeah Jaime lucked out in that even though Geoff left, Didio actually likes the character and Giffen still works for DC. Plus Jim Lee (who designed his look) is also a head honcho at DC

By angsty teens, I meant that's generally how DC and sometimes Marvel depict their younger characters, Jaime was unique in that he didn't fit that stereotype. Either way though, Ryan Choi was treated the worst out of the 3 while Jaime was treated the best. Though I'm happy all 3 ended up together as playable characters in DC's most popular video game franchise (Injustice).
    When I think about it, I gotta agree with you on #3 & #5. That is horrible. Both characters should have gotten strong pushes.

A part of me looks at #7, and thinks perhaps Dan really hates the JLI crew which may have also helped Jaime. Ryan was murdered in the previous continuity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I think it's because that's where all the "new" stories are. We seen Batman, Superman, and Spider-Man have their origins and stories told and retold 6+ times. Things like Wonder Woman, Aquaman, GotG, Deadpool, and Black Panther are all basically new ground.
    I agree with this. Part of the success of the MCU was that the Avengers were behind the FF, X-Men, & Spider-Man in terms of household recognition. The most known character in the MCU was the Hulk, and he had weakest solo film success.

Not by me, but some fanart of Nubia from Wonder Woman.

https://www.deviantart.com/phil-cho/...eviation_stack

Sometimes, characters can have a great origin story, concept, and such but not have "lasting" ability comics expect.

Movies don't have that problem. You can take that great initial concept and tell 1-3 movies and move on. You don't have to find a way to extend the story telling to an unnatural length.

Suicide Squad is a perfect example of that IMO and one of the reasons I feel WB botched that movie. It is a great concept in theory but not something you can really tell 1000000 billion comic issues abotu without losing the effect of it being a "suicide" team. They should have killed half the movie cast easy. You don't need Killer Croc in 20 more years for example. Should have treated it as a true suicide squad.

One of the problems WB is having with Batman and Superman is that the general public has already seen multiple movies from them. And in Batman's case, multiple very very good movies that weren't that long ago. So WB is trying to find a new way to catch the attention of these people with a property that is kinda worn out. Hence, older killing Batman and moody depressed Superman.

"None of these "C listers" really have that problem. If you only get 1 movie out of them, you still win.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Sometimes, characters can have a great origin story, concept, and such but not have "lasting" ability comics expect.

Movies don't have that problem. You can take that great initial concept and tell 1-3 movies and move on. You don't have to find a way to extend the story telling to an unnatural length.

Suicide Squad is a perfect example of that IMO and one of the reasons I feel WB botched that movie. It is a great concept in theory but not something you can really tell 1000000 billion comic issues abotu without losing the effect of it being a "suicide" team. They should have killed half the movie cast easy. You don't need Killer Croc in 20 more years for example. Should have treated it as a true suicide squad.

One of the problems WB is having with Batman and Superman is that the general public has already seen multiple movies from them. And in Batman's case, multiple very very good movies that weren't that long ago. So WB is trying to find a new way to catch the attention of these people with a property that is kinda worn out. Hence, older killing Batman and moody depressed Superman.

"None of these "C listers" really have that problem. If you only get 1 movie out of them, you still win.
    Good point.

In fact, i think the general audience are actually ready...no, scratch that, I think they even want to see movies about newer characters. Aquaman killed it in China over the weekend and i think it'll do pretty well stateside (not sure about that 100 million+ opening weekend tracking thing folks are throwing around though), Suicide Squad was a megahit, same with Deadpool and most of Marvel's catalog has been B to C listers. Heck, even Venom has grossed $850 million+ (i never, ever,ever,ever saw that happening).

Ultimate Member

Another day, another slay for Black Panther.

The movie got 12 Critics choice award nominations.

https://variety.com/2018/film/awards...st-1203085441/

I never saw venom grossing 850 million because the movie was mediocre as hell lol

People looooooooooooooooooooooove the character though (im team #agentvenom though)

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Another day, another slay for Black Panther.

The movie got 12 Critics choice award nominations.

https://variety.com/2018/film/awards...st-1203085441/
    Lol

It is funny how everyone except a certain population think this movie was really really really really really freaking good lol

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    And the second being President of the World. These songs get me hyped.
    Speaking of street fighter. I want to bring up something regarding the last movie assassin's fist and the tv show iron fist

I cant help but feel that instead of finn jones as danny rand in iron first, the producers should have cast Christian Howard, who played ken in assassin's fist. He can act well and knows martial arts.

Extraordinary Member

The YT comments are 90% dissing the rap song lol Honestly I don't think rap goes very well with MK tho but that's just me. MK is more techno/edm/rock imo
    MK was known for Techno/Industrial which are.....kinda dead genres.

I figure NetherRealm didn't want their game to sound dated.