Page 549 of 826 FirstFirst ... 49449499539545546547548549550551552553559599649 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 12390
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Is this the movie where someone in the main cast is supposed to be gay?
    Yes I think the black guy is married to one of them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Same.

It's very pretty looking, I'll give it that.

They are going to have to come up with a real good reason that they are finally going intervene now when 2 separate space invasions didn't motivate them before.
    That was the Oscar bait trailer while Miles & T-Challa grasp their Oscars even harder.

If Thanos can show up and wipe out folks and these guys did nothing-what could have happened to make them show up? Predator or Aliens or Ultraverse or New Universe or Ultimate Universe showed up?

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That was the Oscar bait trailer while Miles & T-Challa grasp their Oscars even harder.

If Thanos can show up and wipe out folks and these guys did nothing-what could have happened to make them show up? Predator or Aliens or Ultraverse or New Universe or Ultimate Universe showed up?
    The plot to Eternals leaked about a month or two ago and without saying too much it has to do with spoilers:
    them being "programmed" not to interfere but to only hunt down their enemies, the Deviants. And it's not clear if MCU Thanos is related to the Deviants or not.
    end of spoilers

But people have been saying this is going to be an issue with a lot of other characters that have yet to be introduced into the MCU, like the X-Men and mutants. You guys have been around this whole time hiding? How come you didn't help fight Thanos? Honestly I don't know how they're going to deal with that issue with the X-Men.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 05-24-2021 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    The plot to Eternals leaked about a month or two ago and without saying too much it has to do with spoilers:
    them being "programmed" not to interfere but to only hunt down their enemies, the Deviants. And it's not clear if MCU Thanos is related to the Deviants or not.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Wouldn't that mean they would have randomly popped up at the end of both Infinity War and End Game? "Don't mind us, guys!"

I hope they don't tie Thanos to the Deviants like in the comics. As far as the general movie going audience knows, he's an alien from the planet Titan. The end. For all we know everyone on Titan looked exactly like him, even the women. lol
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    spoilers:
    Wouldn't that mean they would have randomly popped up at the end of both Infinity War and End Game? "Don't mind us, guys!"

I hope they don't tie Thanos to the Deviants like in the comics. As far as the general movie going audience knows, he's an alien from the planet Titan. The end. For all we know everyone on Titan looked exactly like him, even the women. lol
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think Thanos is going to be one of the Deviants. The leak made the Deviants sound like they're going to be more like animals, like intergalactic apex predators. But the leak also said the movie will end by setting-up future space adventures for the Eternals so... we'll see what exactly that means for the characters from Titan.
    end of spoilers

end of spoilers

[b]But people have been saying this is going to be an issue with a lot of other characters that have yet to be introduced into the MCU, like the X-Men and mutants.[b/] You guys have been around this whole time hiding? How come you didn't help fight Thanos? Honestly I don't know how they're going to deal with that issue with the X-Men.
    Eh, I don't think that is that hard to deal with, at least concept-wise, though of course that would still leave both details and execution to make it work well. But on a concept level, even if you wanted to for some reason fold in some of the established Fox portrayals of mutants (wouldn't be my preference, I think they should just leave all of that as done, and start out new) you could say that they weren't around for all the Avengers stuff before Banner's last snap, that brought everybody back. You know, Thanos wiped out half of the universe, it's not hard to buy that Banner would not have been able to fix that perfectly. Say that his snap unintentionally merged a couple of universes, so the mutants and their history happened on an earth that was separate from the Avengers one we've seen so far, until that second snap.

Alternately, and the route I would recommend going, say that the second snap was what triggered a mutant gene in some humans, so the majority of the mutants have yet to have even developed their powers yet. This allows you the freedom to have most of the X-Men undiscovered as yet, and that vast army of mutants can be introduced as characters who are newly developing/learning their powers over a course of many movies.

I realize that creates a problem timeline-wise, as we want characters like Magneto and Xavier to have their powers before that point. This is where it comes down to the details of the execution, because you can always have one of the mutants created after the snap be a reality warper like Legion, who through time-travel shenanigans can be responsible for the few older mutants who will need to have had powers before the majority get theirs.

Dunno, just a couple of ideas, but just saying -- with all the time travel and multi-dimensional stuff inherent to comics as a genre, I don't see how introducing new characters who didn't come out for the previous conflicts should be super hard.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Extraordinary Member

There don't have to be large numbers of Mutants around at the start. There weren't all that many in the comics to start.

The franchise stars , the Cyclops, Storms, Jean Greys etc. would be introduced as the story goes.

It's only the mentor guys like Xavier, Magneto (and old heads like Logan) that you have to account for.

You could have had a situation where Xavier and Magneto worked for SHIELD recruiting Mutants(SHIELD wouldn't know what they were only that they had powers) while Wolverine was doing solo missions.

This would have gone about as well as you would expect given how SHIELD ended up.

Would explain why they nobody heard of Mutants til now. The few that any one knew about would have been operating covertly, then they would have been in hiding in separate little groups after everything went south.

Magneto probably violently quit at some point.

Logan might not even know who he was really killing for all that time. He'd REALLY want to lay low.

While the existence of SWORD as an Agency would be enough to trigger Magneto's breaking point, a post snap increase in Mutants would cause both sides to start actively recruiting which gets us the modern xverse.

There don't have to be large numbers of Mutants around at the start. There weren't all that many in the comics to start.

The franchise stars , the Cyclops, Storms, Jean Greys etc. would be introduced as the story goes.

It's only the mentor guys like Xavier, Magneto (and old heads like Logan) that you have to account for.

You could have had a situation where Xavier and Magneto worked for SHIELD recruiting Mutants(SHIELD wouldn't know what they were only that they had powers) while Wolverine was doing solo missions.

This would have gone about as well as you would expect given how SHIELD ended up.

Would explain why they nobody heard of Mutants til now. The few that any one knew about would have been operating covertly, then they would have been in hiding in separate little groups after everything went south.

Logan might not even know who he was really killing for all that time. He'd REALLY want to lay low.

While the existence of SWORD as an Agency would be enough to trigger Magneto's breaking point, a post snap increase in Mutants would cause both sides to start actively recruiting which gets us the modern xverse.
    Actually this might be the best approach. Everybody and their brother has been coming up with how the x-men are going to get grandfathered into the MCU. I thought after Endgame there was going to be some kind of big cosmic retcon, but that didn't happen. I know they're going to use the ones everyone likes, but it would be nice if they brought some of the new-ish mutants along since there are so many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    If I didn't know who the Eternals were, I would have guessed it was one of those early 2000's existential artsy movies. Maybe with this one Chloe got to do her own thing and have the movie be a little less joke-y, can't really judge too much from one trailer though., Did anyone else have a bit of a time seeing everything? It looked kind of dark to me.
    I've seen some comparisons to the Ang Lee Hulk movie. We'll see if that is a good or bad thing.

end of spoilers
    I've read the leak and the movie seems... dense? complicated?

It is either going to be genius or very very very polarizing.
    But people have been saying this is going to be an issue with a lot of other characters that have yet to be introduced into the MCU, like the X-Men and mutants. You guys have been around this whole time hiding? How come you didn't help fight Thanos? Honestly I don't know how they're going to deal with that issue with the X-Men.
    Some can be handwaved as not being known by the core Avenger-types, so they weren't brought to the fight in Endgame.

But the Eternals are well... Eternal cosmic powerhouse types. They would know Thanos, especially if he is a deviant. So there has to be some shenanigans why they completely stayed away.

yeah, idk how you bring in a ton of mutants. Newer mutants would be easy, but the Xaver/Magneto dynamic is complicated if they haven' tbeen around 30 years.

This is the first movie with a gay male superhero, it should be a big deal.
    I have a feeling it won't be lol.

Is china even going to allow it because of the Director? If the gay dude is actually gay on screen... would they allow it then too?

would rather the X-men be a whole other universe with no avengers but I know that won't happen.

They do better by themselves.

It is really only Xavier and Magneto that are a big issue. You can easily hide Logan and some of the other oldheads like Sinister and Apoc.

but your idea sounds the best so far i suppose. Xavier could have actively memory wiped people too to stay off the radar.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 05-25-2021 at 05:22 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I've read the leak and the movie seems... dense? complicated?

It is either going to be genius or very very very polarizing.

Some can be handwaved as not being known by the core Avenger-types, so they weren't brought to the fight in Endgame.

But the Eternals are well... Eternal cosmic powerhouse types. They would know Thanos, especially if he is a deviant. So there has to be some shenanigans why they completely stayed away.

yeah, idk how you bring in a ton of mutants. Newer mutants would be easy, but the Xaver/Magneto dynamic is complicated if they haven' tbeen around 30 years.

I have a feeling it won't be lol.

Is china even going to allow it because of the Director? If the gay dude is actually gay on screen... would they allow it then too?
    The leak mostly sounds convoluted because it was from someone from a test-screening who was trying to describe what they remembered. I trust the actual movie will be more coherent.

I'm still worried that if this movie underperforms a lot of people are gonna' use it as excuse to not include gay characters, especially gay male characters.

I also expect that any significant gay characters and other LGBT characters in the MCU or in Star Wars are gonna' be in Disney+ shows and not the movies. I won't be surprised if Young Avengers ends up being a Disney+ series, and I don't expect to see any live-action LGBT characters in Star Wars until Justin Simien's Disney+ Lando project.

Ultimate Member

But the "Thanos is a deviant" thing is strange.

Thanos is a "mutant Eternal".

The Deviants are an entirely "different" race.

Ultimate Member

The leak mostly sounds convoluted because it was from someone from a test-screening who was trying to describe what they remembered. I trust the actual movie will be more coherent.

I'm still worried that if this movie underperforms a lot of people are gonna' use it as excuse to not include gay characters, especially gay male characters.

I also expect that any significant gay characters and other LGBT characters in the MCU or in Star Wars are gonna' be in Disney+ shows and not the movies. I won't be surprised if Young Avengers ends up being a Disney+ series, and I don't expect to see any live-action LGBT characters in Star Wars until Justin Simien's Disney+ Lando project.
    I doubt this.

It's an ensemble cast with the core cast being led by female superstars (Angelina Jolie and Salma Hayek).

The trailer didn't really emphasize any of the characters except Ikaris and Sersi. It would be all sort of embarrasing and idiotic if Marvel/Disney blame gay characters if the movie disappoints.

Samuel E. Wright, the voice of Sebastian in The Little Mermaid, has died.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...id-1234959014/

Haven't and won't read any plot leaks, but as for mutants (and even other heroes), it's pretty easy to explain their absence and hopefully marvel won't go out of their way to make it more complicated than it needs to be. Just because someone is a mutant doesn't mean they automatically decide to be a superhero. Or that they were in the location of the big events that we've seen so far in the mcu. If a super powered character wasn't in NY at the time of the Chitari attack, what could they do? Also, maybe the X-Men weren't a team yet when Thanos happened. It's not like Thanos was on Earth for weeks or even days. Dude showed up in Wakanda in Infinity War and was there for what, half an hour? If that. Other than the heroes who were present (and possibly excluding the Eternals), who would have known that or been able to get there in time to do anything?
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store