Page 550 of 827 FirstFirst ... 50450500540546547548549550551552553554560600650 ... LastLast
Results 8,236 to 8,250 of 12394
    Ultimate Member

This black family was wrongly accused of stealing a basketball. Imagine this sort of nonsense in front your family.

Despite the fact they had a receipt the store manager didn’t even go back to check, she just assumed the ball was stolen because they’re black.

Worse still is the way the police handled this situation. It’s like they assume guilt and the accused has to clear themselves instead of the other way around. I mean seriously, they were telling the family that were right to be angry that they were “intimidating” the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

This black family was wrongly accused of stealing a basketball. Imagine this sort of nonsense in front your family.

Despite the fact they had a receipt the store manager didn’t even go back to check, she just assumed the ball was stolen because they’re black.

Worse still is the way the police handled this situation. It’s like they assume guilt and the accused has to clear themselves instead of the other way around. I mean seriously, they were telling the family that were right to be angry that they were “intimidating” the manager.
    There are ten billion cameras in stores. Including walking in and walking out.

There is no reason this shouldn't have been a 2 minute investigation. At worst, someone walks back to the camerras and sees the kid with the ball and goes "im so sorry for wasting your time"

Well, actually... AT WORST... a kid steals at 10 dollar basketball. That's worth calling the cops lol?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    There are ten billion cameras in stores. Including walking in and walking out.

There is no reason this shouldn't have been a 2 minute investigation. At worst, someone walks back to the camerras and sees the kid with the ball and goes "im so sorry for wasting your time"

Well, actually... AT WORST... a kid steals at 10 dollar basketball. That's worth calling the cops lol?
    Of course they'll waste taxpayers' money on stuff like this. Where are "muh taxes" guys when police are unfairly targeting Black people?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    If I didn't know who the Eternals were, I would have guessed it was one of those early 2000's existential artsy movies. Maybe with this one Chloe got to do her own thing and have the movie be a little less joke-y, can't really judge too much from one trailer though., Did anyone else have a bit of a time seeing everything? It looked kind of dark to me.
    How did it look "kind of dark" when there is laughter in the trailer? The scene about leading the Avengers.

"Dark" movies like Nolan's Batman trilogy do NOT have laughter scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    How did it look "kind of dark" when there is laughter in the trailer? The scene about leading the Avengers.

"Dark" movies like Nolan's Batman trilogy do NOT have laughter scenes.
    He said dark as in the lighting. Hence the "hav ea bit of a tiem seeing everything"

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Yeah, the lighting is dark.

Stuff looks very desaturated.

I thought an Eternals movie would be very colorful. But if the movie works, it doesn't really matter.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Of course they'll waste taxpayers' money on stuff like this. Where are "muh taxes" guys when police are unfairly targeting Black people?
    Roads going to ****? No money for that.
    Schools falling apart? F' them we'll just turn them into charter schools.
    Police and Military? GODDAMNIT GIVE THEM EVERY LAST CENT WE HAVE S M A L L G O V E R N M E N T

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Police and Military? GODDAMNIT GIVE THEM EVERY LAST CENT WE HAVE S M A L L G O V E R N M E N T
    Exactly! Not to mention how these same people complain about big gubmint yet have no problem with all the excessive government abuse of PoC

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    We need a like button here.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I doubt this.

It's an ensemble cast with the core cast being led by female superstars (Angelina Jolie and Salma Hayek).

The trailer didn't really emphasize any of the characters except Ikaris and Sersi. It would be all sort of embarrasing and idiotic if Marvel/Disney blame gay characters if the movie disappoints.
    It would be idiotic but I wouldn't put it past some people to still at least partially place the blame on the inclusion of gay characters, especially if the film doesn't do well in China and other parts of the world even with a censored version.

With this movie having such a diverse cast overall a lot of people have been hoping it'll fail, and if this one does underperform (I don't expect any Marvel movie to outright flop, but it might not do as well as the other MCU movies) then I know exactly how the discourse around this movie will go.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Haven't and won't read any plot leaks, but as for mutants (and even other heroes), it's pretty easy to explain their absence and hopefully marvel won't go out of their way to make it more complicated than it needs to be. Just because someone is a mutant doesn't mean they automatically decide to be a superhero. Or that they were in the location of the big events that we've seen so far in the mcu. If a super powered character wasn't in NY at the time of the Chitari attack, what could they do? Also, maybe the X-Men weren't a team yet when Thanos happened. It's not like Thanos was on Earth for weeks or even days. Dude showed up in Wakanda in Infinity War and was there for what, half an hour? If that. Other than the heroes who were present (and possibly excluding the Eternals), who would have known that or been able to get there in time to do anything?
    I totally get the whole "maybe they weren't available to help out" thing, that makes total sense. The issue with the X-Men specifically is characters like Xavier, magneto, Wolverine, etc. who need to have been around for a long time and be experienced with their powers to fully work within the context of their story. For example a lot of people are wondering if Magneto is still going to be a Holocaust survivor or if they're gonna' change him to be a survivor of some more recent real-life atrocity.

They'll probably retcon the MCU to say that mutants have existed for a while around the world but just conveniently managed to stay off the radar of organizations like SHIELD and Hydra. But hopefully they make it feel believable, the retcon might come off as really forced. I thought the "it turns out Zemo really is a baron just like he is in the comics" retcon in Falcon and the Winter Soldier felt really awkward and forced. I'm pretty sure Tony's AI would've mentioned Zemo being a wealthy baron in Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    It would be idiotic but I wouldn't put it past some people to still at least partially place the blame on the inclusion of gay characters, especially if the film doesn't do well in China and other parts of the world even with a censored version.

With this movie having such a diverse cast overall a lot of people have been hoping it'll fail, and if this one does underperform (I don't expect any Marvel movie to outright flop, but it might not do as well as the other MCU movies) then I know exactly how the discourse around this movie will go.

I totally get the whole "maybe they weren't available to help out" thing, that makes total sense. The issue with the X-Men specifically is characters like Xavier, magneto, Wolverine, etc. who need to have been around for a long time and be experienced with their powers to fully work within the context of their story. For example a lot of people are wondering if Magneto is still going to be a Holocaust survivor or if they're gonna' change him to be a survivor of some more recent real-life atrocity.

They'll probably retcon the MCU to say that mutants have existed for a while around the world but just conveniently managed to stay off the radar of organizations like SHIELD and Hydra. But hopefully they make it feel believable, the retcon might come off as really forced. I thought the "it turns out Zemo really is a baron just like he is in the comics" retcon in Falcon and the Winter Soldier felt really awkward and forced. I'm pretty sure Tony's AI would've mentioned Zemo being a wealthy baron in Civil War.
    It would also be a rip off of First Class if the original X men worked with the govt until Xavier mind wiped them and hid. I could buy it to an extent but... yeah. This is gonna take some supsension of belief.

And I have no idea what they are going to do with Magneto. None of the options are great.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It would also be a rip off of First Class if the original X men worked with the govt until Xavier mind wiped them and hid. I could buy it to an extent but... yeah. This is gonna take some supsension of belief.

And I have no idea what they are going to do with Magneto. None of the options are great.
    Maybe just not have Magneto anymore? Or make him old and retired?

Astonishing Member

Magneto would need to be nerfed, pretty much Xavier too. They were around, but much less powerful, so couldn’t do much. When the name of whatever triggers more mutants happens, it could give them a power up. Wolverine’s power is just to able to fight for a real long time, so he could have been around and also not b able to do much against world ending threats. And it’s really good say to believe he would have been laying low the whole time, he easy to work in. Those are the only mutants who’ll really need to be ‘old’.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe just not have Magneto anymore? Or make him old and retired?
    If they retire Magneto, then another villain they should use is Mr. Sinister. Genetic engineering is his thing, so he could capture mutants so he could mess around with their genes and try to make the ultimate super mutant. Or maybe he could catch Spider-man and clone him, they're running out of Spider Man stories to mine, they're going to do the clone saga eventually. If Magneto's out, than Apocalypse would be even harder to explain. The mutants are going to get grandfathered in somehow.

Mighty Member

Yep..like I said, the more you know..
    Jackie Chan had cosmetic surgery to make one of his eye (natural born given eye) to match his other eye which got wounded from one of his many stunts then expanded after it healed.

It was NOT for, I wanna look more Caucasian or whatever.