Page 29 of 828 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129529 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I'd reply but like I said I've only seen the FIRST episode, bout to watch the second. I was just echoing Handsome men don't lose fights's sentiments regarding enthusiasm for the show. That's it. Maybe by episode 10 I'll be totally in love with the show, but again just agreeing with him that Season 1 did more damage than I originally thought. *shrugs*
    Haven't seen the whole show yet but nothing I've gotten from the trailers or the spoilers has changed my mind: the show needs to be a light hearted Wire Fu showcase but
    the Netflix Producers take themselves WAY too seriously to ever go that route.

Say what you want about the Flash, but that show embraces its comic bookyness in a way that no Nextflix SHOW has (except for the Luke Cage episodes that have Dimondback in them).

Also, nobody has a problem with the version of Danny Rand we got in Episode 10 of Luke Cage, so its not the actor either.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Redbox already has it for $3 a night or $7 for 3 days --
    I can't get through a game fast enough to make that economical.

I can afford just to buy it its just... i can pay 60 bucks for SM or pay 10 to play HZD lol

And there's nothing like webslinging through New York at night -- much better than driving a tank through Gotham City and wrecking everything in sight.
    jesus christ that batmobile was so horrid I literally took the game back to gamestop and got a refund.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by vic vega View Post

also, nobody has a problem with the version of danny rand we got in episode 10 of luke cage, so its not the actor either.
    exactly!!!!!

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Haven't seen the whole show yet but nothing I've gotten from the trailers or the spoilers has changed my mind: the show needs to be a light hearted Wire Fu showcase but
    the Netflix Producers take themselves WAY too seriously to ever go that route.

Say what you want about the Flash, but that show embraces its comic bookyness in a way that no Nextflix SHOW has (except for the Luke Cage episodes that have Dimondback in them).

Also, nobody has a problem with the version of Danny Rand we got in Episode 10 of Luke Cage, so its not the actor either.
    On the other hand, Luke Cage has far more positive reception and publicity than any of the CW shows that aren't called Black Lightning. Especially when it comes to the former's depiction of black people. As much as people love to go "why so serious son" at superhero movies and t.v. shows on the net, the truth is writers wouldn't keep going to that well if it weren't a proven success and there are plenty of lighthearted superhero movies and shows that bomb with audiences.

Hell, considering Netflix left out the part about Danny's mom being eaten by wolves, they're actually being lighter than the comics.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-10-2018 at 07:19 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I can't get through a game fast enough to make that economical.

I can afford just to buy it its just... i can pay 60 bucks for SM or pay 10 to play HZD lol
    It's more about just dropping $3 to see if you think it's worth the $60 now or the $20 to $40 that it will be on sale for by the holiday season -- less than the cost of a movie is how I look at it and way better than wasting $60 or even $20 on a game that's all hype.

But yeah, the $10 HZD deal is the best way to get more than your money's worth -- not too many games are worth $60 these days.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 09-10-2018 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    On the other hand, Luke Cage has far more positive reception and publicity than any of the CW shows that aren't called Black Lightning. Especially when it comes to the former's depiction of black people. As much as people love to go "why so serious son" at superhero movies and t.v. shows on the net, the truth is writers wouldn't keep going to that well if it weren't a proven success and there are plenty of lighthearted superhero movies and shows that bomb with audiences.

Hell, considering Netflix left out the part about Danny's mom being eaten by wolves, they're actually being lighter than the comics.

I don't really consider Luke Cage "dark" though. It is sufficiently adult for Luke Cage.

IF is some rich white dude who learned kung fu in some made up city with a dragon and a glowing fist.

Extraordinary Member

Movies here cost 15 bucks to watch in the theaters.

Average movie length is 90 minutes. So that's about 7 bucks for 45 minutes to and hour of entertainment.

For me it's a question of how much entertainment per hour I get from my games vs. will I ever finish the thing or not.

I will enjoy Spider Man if I play it, but if I beat it quickly I'm gonna feel cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Movies here cost 15 bucks to watch in the theaters.

Average movie length is 90 minutes. So that's about 7 bucks for 45 minutes to and hour of entertainment.

For me it's a question of how much entertainment per hour I get from my games vs. will I ever finish the thing or not.

I will enjoy Spider Man if I play it, but if I beat it quickly I'm gonna feel cheated.
    Just keeping buying DLC for extra content!

Ultimate Member

"Naomi Osaka's halting Japanese, her manners - she bowed and apologized after beating Serena Williams in the U.S. Open final - and her simple charm have swelled national pride in Japan and eclipsed many questions about her mixed-race parentage in a famously insular country.

Two days after becoming the first Japanese player to win a Grand Slam tennis title, Osaka is still filling the front pages of the country's three major daily newspapers and leads the discussions on talk shows. The perspective from Japan on Monday: Osaka is being embraced as Japanese despite her mixed background.

National pride - at least for now - is overriding questions of cultural identity and what it means to be Japanese.

Williams' dramatic behavior during a chaotic final on Saturday, a hot topic in the United States and around the world, has been largely brushed aside in Japan with the focus on Osaka's poise under pressure. Japan's largest newspaper, Yomiuri, called Osaka a ''new heroine that Japan is proud of'' and characterized her appeal as ''the contrast between her strength on the court and her innocent character off the court.''

Yomiuri centered Osaka's photograph holding the U.S. Open trophy at the top of its Monday front page - as did the two other large dailies. In a headline inside the paper, Yomiuri called her an ''Overnight Queen - Powerful and Stable.''

The Asahi newspaper also called her the ''New Queen,'' picking up on her mix of ''strength and gentleness.''

None of the main-line newspapers dwelled too much on her background, which has been well reported. She was born in Japan to a Japanese mother and Haitian father, moved to the United States when she was 3 and now lives in Florida where she has trained for more than a decade...

Roland Kirishima, a photographer who is half Japanese and Scottish, criticized some internet comments questioning if Osaka is really Japanese, because of her darker skin color.

''Look at the French soccer team that won the World Cup,'' he wrote on Twitter. ''Half of the players are immigrants' sons or multi-racial. I'm surprised many people in Japan are still obsessed with racial purity. It's 21st century already. Please overcome this type of insular prejudice.''

It looks like Japan has taken at least a first step.''

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/osaka-c...9058--ten.html
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 09-10-2018 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Just keeping buying DLC for extra content!
    The Black Cat DLC was announced a week before the game came out.

It comes off like breath of the wild, open world, optional story, with lots of side quests. Except Spider-Man doesnt take fall damage, or worry about the rain.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    The Black Cat DLC was announced a week before the game came out.

It comes off like breath of the wild, open world, optional story, with lots of side quests. Except Spider-Man doesnt take fall damage, or worry about the rain.
    Seen enough Youtube Let's Plays to get that web swinging might be harder than it looks.

A Spider Man that could die from fall damage could be rage inducing (or hilarious, depending on your disposition).

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I'm glad for Naomi Osaka's success, she seems like a nice person and it's cool that she's making such strides for a country as casually racist as Japan. All that craziness with Williams and that Line Judge was insane. My sister threw a shoe at my head when I told her the ump made the right call. I'm sitting there watching the game, no surround sound or anything, and you can hear her getting coached throughout the entire set. Dude was yelling instructions! You can't do that in Tennis!

And her flipping out on the dude and demanding on apology, daaaaaaamn. She turned that situation from heated to lava in like 1.5 seconds. I love Serena Williams, she's a legend, but shit, that made me think "what would she be like if she got a speeding ticket?"
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 09-10-2018 at 11:52 AM.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post

Two days after becoming the first Japanese player to win a Grand Slam tennis title, Osaka is still filling the front pages of the country's three major daily newspapers and leads the discussions on talk shows. The perspective from Japan on Monday: Osaka is being embraced as Japanese despite her mixed background.

National pride - at least for now - is overriding questions of cultural identity and what it means to be Japanese.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/osaka-c...9058--ten.html
    Not for nuthin', Osaka- who I didn't even know til' this weekend, whooped Serena's ass. I can only imagine the internal confluence of cultural feelings on Osaka's behalf regarding Serena's behavior. Serena was a scooch out of line but I've seen the guys get their balls coddled at times during heated exchanges. Serena slams a racket down in front of me I get turned on, the next one maybe not so much. I hope Osaka is a real deal going forward, Serena can't play forever and I can't follow Sloan Stevens inconsistent play too much.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I'm glad for Naomi Osaka's success, she seems like a nice person and it's cool that she's making such strides for a country as casually racist as Japan. All that craziness with Williams and that Line Judge was insane. My sister threw a shoe at my head when I told her the ump made the right call. I'm sitting there watching the game, no surround sound or anything, and you can hear her getting coached throughout the entire set. Dude was yelling instructions! You can't do that in Tennis!

And her flipping out on the dude and demanding on apology, daaaaaaamn. She turned that situation from heated to lava in like 1.5 seconds. I love Serena Williams, she's a legend, but shit, that made me think "what would she be like if she got a speeding ticket?"
    Her coach even admitted of coaching, lol.
    BB

Report: Jordan Peele May Bring Back Candyman

https://io9.gizmodo.com/report-jorda...man-1828939895