Page 617 of 827 FirstFirst ... 117517567607613614615616617618619620621627667717 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,255 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The US is moving very, very fast to capture and dump Hatian migrants back into Haiti.

They are actually moving in record speed to get them back. It's so fast that most of them aren't even getting a hearing. The US has an unspoken extremely harsh policy when it comes to black migrants.

Right now, it's almost impossible to get a visa interview from Nigeria to the US (i hear that people are getting interview dates almost a year out from application date!).

It appears the US has absolute zero tolerance for black asylum seekers. Legal or illegally, the US has done everything possible to stop black people from coming into the US despite a large number of sub-saharan Africans having english speaking skills.
    Ive been watching the news the last couple days on this. I was like when in the Hell did the INS get so fast and efficient on Deporting people?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

That situation at the Rio is rather nuts
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Wow. I didn't know that the US had such a strong immigration policy against Black/African Countries. Pretty sad.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Ive been watching the news the last couple days on this. I was like when in the Hell did the INS get so fast and efficient on Deporting people?
    It's pretty crazy.

They are not even giving them any hearings, they're just tossing them back.

The US has always had a very harsh policy regarding black non-hispanic migrants.

It's pretty crazy.

They are not even giving them any hearings, they're just tossing them back.

The US has always had a very harsh policy regarding black non-hispanic migrants.
    I did see they released a large group into the USA with notices to show up in 60 days at a center.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

It's a massive problem not just in the USA but Canada, too. Idk about other nations like Mexico or Colombia, but I imagine it's a problem there as well.

The irony is how 'missing white woman syndrome' is linked to the excessive use of police force against minorities, and how White people are always viewed as victims needing protection against massive crime waves, yet the actually predominant victims, like Native American women, get minimal, if any, support.

And if I'm not mistaken, White women are mostly likely to be attacked by White men, whom they know.
    Yeah, it's a real thing and hasn't changed over time.

Most white women are likely to be attacked by white men they know.

I had no idea the USA was that harsh towards Black refugees
    The current Haitian crisis has really opened up a lot of uncomfortable truths.

Look at how they were capturing them? It looks like how slaves were rounded up back in the day.

Sure a lot of them can be deported but why not even hear them out? Haiti just had a massive Earthquake and is facing serious political instability, there are real, legit reasons for people to get out of the country right now.
    Last edited by Username taken; 09-23-2021 at 06:05 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I did see they released a large group into the USA with notices to show up in 60 days at a center.
    Ah...ok.

That's a bit better I guess.

Because those guys on horseback chasing people ostensibly looking for better lives doesn't make for good optics.

Ah...ok.

That's a bit better I guess.

Because those guys on horseback chasing people ostensibly looking for better lives doesn't make for good optics.
    I wonder if that photo and the backlash is what led to them letting people into the USA? I am not sure the number but it was a few hundred that were released and given papers on where to show up for getting the process started.

DC posted a picture of Blue Beetle Jaime Reyes on their social media today to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month. When they trot out POC characters who they hardly ever use in the comics it just reeks of hollow pandering.

Extraordinary Member

The US is moving very, very fast to capture and dump Hatian migrants back into Haiti.

They are actually moving in record speed to get them back. It's so fast that most of them aren't even getting a hearing. The US has an unspoken extremely harsh policy when it comes to black migrants.

Right now, it's almost impossible to get a visa interview from Nigeria to the US (i hear that people are getting interview dates almost a year out from application date!).

It appears the US has absolute zero tolerance for black asylum seekers. Legal or illegally, the US has done everything possible to stop black people from coming into the US despite a large number of sub-saharan Africans having english speaking skills.
    Between the Assassination of the Haitian President by parties to date unknown, the aftermath of the Earthquake and the aftermath of the Hurricane, there are reasons several times over for Haitians to legitimately seek asylum.

Those old heads out there might remember the Cuban refugees coming to Mariel by boat and what happened when Haitians joined them.

America's first instinct was to declare all the Haitians "Economic Refugees" instead of political or religious so they didn't get awarded automatic citizen ship like many of the Mariel Refugees did.

They just got stuck in the refugee camps until the riot.

This time it seems they aren't even letting them in the country to hear thier suit. Despite the current state of Haiti.

But this harshness isn't a surprise to those of us with long memories.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    DC posted a picture of Blue Beetle Jaime Reyes on their social media today to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month. When they trot out POC characters who they hardly ever use in the comics it just reeks of hollow pandering.

Well, let's be fair....Jaime is actually a character they tried to push over the last 10-ish years. He's had a couple of on-goings and was optioned for a TV show and showed up in other media ( cartoons, etc) so I wouldn't say it's a case of so-called "pandering".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I remembered how they pulled the same with the Black Heroes back in February, too.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 09-23-2021 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I remembered how they pulled the same with the Black Heroes back February, too.
    Yep, that’s totally what it reminded me of.

There is a Saint Seiya live-action film in the works.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...1f8015afde10e9

Four of DCTV's black female stars (Azie Tesfai from Supergirl, Javicia Leslie from Batwoman, Candice Patton from The Flash, and Anna Diop from Titans) recently had a roundtable discussion on Instagram talking about their experiences on their shows and in dealing with fans. Needless to say, these women did not have a good time.