Page 80 of 827 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180580 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 12395
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Yeah they do pair them up but it doesn't really work IMO. Quasar and GL or Iron Man and Steel would, though.
    True. However, Iron Man was considered a heavy hitter in the Avengers at least until the 1980's (blame it on the alcohol?). Iron Man, Thor, Vision, and Wonder Man were considered the big guns in terms of power (before Monica came along, and Hercules became a more frequent member).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    [img]https://encrypted-tbn0.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDhD6W3youspDRE4BUXCE0hUsed5fN6 L_on7h5iG7vEgUS9Dow[/img]

He's been doing this as far back as the 1970's. Folks knew...it just was not important.

Check the Vlad TV interview with D.L. Hughley on YouTube.

Cosby himself was powerful enough to make a lot of stuff go away for a long time.

He just wasn't that powerful anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Good raps good rap.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Check the Vlad TV interview with D.L. Hughley on YouTube.

Cosby himself was powerful enough to make a lot of stuff go away for a long time.

He just wasn't that powerful anymore.

Cosby from the late 1960's through the 1970's had power levels far below the Cosby from the 1980's until recent times. Like Goku, Cosby worked over the decades to increase his power. He did not start out as all-powerful.

If the mass media was able to destroy Michael Jackson's image (despite never being legally convicted of anything), they could have done the same to Cosby (who left a much messier trail) during that same time period. OJ and Mike Tyson crashed & burned during that era.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    nobody cares about quasar and steel though lol. They trying to match known characters the best they can.
    Eh, there are other "known" characters they could use where the match up would make sense. Hawkeye and Green Arrow, for example.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    :Raises hand: That little stunt about 'dirty laundry' was way out of line when I heard it. A lot of shine came off of him for me over that. Not to mention there are no shortage of stories from D.L. Hughley and Don Cheadle for 2 examples over how they saw Dr. Coz treat people who couldn't do anything for him. On some real out of pocket embarrassing ****.

Him getting choked on his own thirst was prolly the last straw.
    This is all conjecture on my part.....

Now we scratching the surface. Cosby got way too big for his britches. He ventured way too far out his lane, and forgot himself. He pissed off a power base that exceeded his own (one with control over the media), and decided it was time he went down. Just think of that time when Doctor Doom stole the Silver Surfer's power...and pissed off Galactus.

Hannibal and #MeToo were just pouches on the utility belt to use since the shark repellent was not feasible.

Extraordinary Member

Cosby from the late 1960's through the 1970's had power levels far below the Cosby from the 1980's until recent times. Like Goku, Cosby worked over the decades to increase his power. He did not start out as all-powerful.

If the mass media was able to destroy Michael Jackson's image (despite never being legally convicted of anything), they could have done the same to Cosby (who left a much messier trail) during that same time period. OJ and Mike Tyson crashed & burned during that era.
    Nobody was checking for entertainment industry sex
    scandals in the 70's, the height of groupie-dom.

All that stuff got a general pass, because "why would a good woman be in that environment in the first place" the reasoning went.

And look, if you think Cosby of back in the day left a messier trail than Michael Jackson (nothing worse than a pedo rap) let's just agree to disagree.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you said but the problem with hearsay is. That it almost always weighs in favor of a white person when the person accused is black. Being able to destroy someone's life with mere accusations is too much power for a person to have. At least with evidence a fair outcome has a chance but without it we're going back to mob justice and that doesn't favor black men much. I'm all for justice for rape victims but I need more to go on than just an accusation.

Oh I completely agree with how heresay is much more damning for black men than white men, you have no disagreement from me there. Black men are essentially guilty until proven innocent in 98% of cases and it's not surprising how the 9 year old incident reminded many of Emmett. But I'm also thinking about how to collect evidence for a sexually harassed or raped victim and I'll be honest, the pickings are slim. You try to pull out your cell phone while being raped? The perpetrator will just break your phone. Quick butt grabs you would have to hope there's a camera around. Words? You don't know when they're going to say it. Essentially the pickings are slim.

So I don't automatically give them the benefit of the doubt, as we all know people can be fickle. But I do respect the difficulty it takes to obtain evidence for this subject.

Ultimate Member

Not defending Cosby but it's not a stretch to say that when a black man gets too big, someone , somewhere starts to gather dirt on them. Yes, Cosby was a serial rapist, hypocritical punk and a fucking dickhead from all accounts but he's just the latest in a long line of black men that get taken down after attaining massive success. Maybe I'm mixing up causation with correlation but that's how it looks.

IMHO, I just wish the same anger, outrage and energy they used to take down Cosby could be directed towards cops and private individuals that kill unarmed black men. I mean, Cosby is behind bars but we are still getting reports of him getting slapped (with food or something), that's just how much the hatred is towards him. Some of this energy should be saved for cops that assault young black men and end their lives prematurely.

That is all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Eh, there are other "known" characters they could use where the match up would make sense. Hawkeye and Green Arrow, for example.
    Please forgive this rant.....

Most of these characters were originally paired up during the Silver Age, and Bronze Age. Iron Man was the closest match to Green Lantern. I think Iron Man often fought Doctor Spectrum (Marvel's GL homage character). During Silver Age and Bronze Age, many considered Green Lantern the second most powerful in the League after Superman. During that same time frame, Iron Man was considered the second most powerful Avenger after Thor.

During the Dark Phoenix Saga, after defeating the X-Men, Sebastion Shaw (no relation to me) mused to himself about pitting his power against the Avengers. I'd probably be pumping my chest out too, if I had an unconscious Storm hunched over my shoulder. He specifically named-dropped Thor & Iron Man. He was sleeping on Vision, and Wonder Man was still getting his feet wet (despite beating up Namor, hand to hand).

You also have to factor in the funny coincidence that Hal & Stark both gave up their super hero identities during the 1980's (one for love, one for alcohol) which allowed John Stewart & James Rhodes to have runs as the main character.

John & James (how biblical) were also in those roles during the first Crisis & Secret Wars.

Monica Rambeau & Quasar came to prominence during the 1980's. I think Quasar debuted in the 1970's, but it was Mark Gruenwald that took interest in him in the late 1980's. Quasar, while having Hal's power set, was specifically meant to be different than Hal in his ability to control the quantum bands (IIRC). Hal is iron-willed while Wendell was easy going, I think. A Hal Jordan type person tried to use the bands, and literally flamed out due to not having a more flexible disposition. When I think of it, Quasar came long before Kyle Rayner.

It was not until the Bronze Age and beyond that Iron Man went down in the power department. DC did not start utilizing Iron Man analogues until after the Bronze Age.

Astonishing Member

I truly believe that I've explained my stance on the group. Only certain men have been targeted. Only certain men have had to face the consequences (prison, death of their careers, loss of business opportunities, public shaming, etc.) for their actions. Some of their actions have not actually been proven, such as the case with Kobe.

Other men, with a history of abusing women are free to go about their lives. Alec Baldwin who verbally abused his own daughter, is free to go about his business.

If you don't agree with my stance, that's perfectly fine. We all see the world differently.
    I think that's the issue I have. I completely agree only certain people face consequences. But I disagree that only certain men have been targeted, as the men that have been accused have been mostly white men. It's just that white men have white privilege and thus aren't penalized for their crimes.

But true, looks like we will have to agree to disagree, I just wouldn't like those to attack BLM for cops being able to go away scott free when evidence clearly shows they did it so I can't penalize metoo for the lack of justice they receive.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Not defending Cosby but it's not a stretch to say that when a black man gets too big, someone , somewhere starts to gather dirt on them. Yes, Cosby was a serial rapist, hypocritical punk and a fucking dickhead from all accounts but he's just the latest in a long line of black men that get taken down after attaining massive success. Maybe I'm mixing up causation with correlation but that's how it looks.

IMHO, I just wish the same anger, outrage and energy they used to take down Cosby could be directed towards cops and private individuals that kill unarmed black men. I mean, Cosby is behind bars but we are still getting reports of him getting slapped (with food or something), that's just how much the hatred is towards him. Some of this energy should be saved for cops that assault young black men and end their lives prematurely.

That is all.
    I totally agree with you. The thing is that the dirt was always available to be used against Cosby.

I just wish all evildoers caught the brutal backhand of justice, or at least saw "maximum effort" to see them punished.

It fills me with cynicism when one rat bastard catches it while others roam free, or attain more power. The ones who most often catch any sort of justice typically tend to have an abundance of melanin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I think that's the issue I have. I completely agree only certain people face consequences. But I disagree that only certain men have been targeted, as the men that have been accused have been mostly white men. It's just that white men have white privilege and thus aren't penalized for their crimes.

But true, looks like we will have to agree to disagree, I just wouldn't like those to attack BLM for cops being able to go away scott free when evidence clearly shows they did it so I can't penalize metoo for the lack of justice they receive.
    At some point, #metoo will need to acknowledge this.

If putting down predatory black men who target white women are the only clear victories, then let's be open about it.

If predatory white men, and black men who prey solely on black women are Teflon, then let's be open about it.

We all adults up in here....let's keep it real.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

That is all.
    Completely agree on this. It ties with the lack of value that people have for black people. It's to the point now to where if one of us dies, it's just another day of the week. I was just thinking about the marches that happened during the obama era is all but gone now. It's sad really.

Astonishing Member

At some point, #metoo will need to acknowledge this.

If putting down predatory black men who target white women are the only clear victories, then let's be open about it.

If predatory white men, and black men who prey solely on black women are Teflon, then let's be open about it.

We all adults up in here....let's keep it real.

Oh I completely agree, as I stated before I believe the MeToo movement has ALOT of flaws.

This being one of them.

And the fact that Terry Crews received NO where near the amount of backing as his white women counterpart
    when he came out over the issue. So many people were/are defending these women while folks just lashed Terry Crews because he's a buff guy.
    Saying he shouldn't have allowed himself to be in that situation. Yet very few of the metoo movement came out to defend him.

So again, completely agree, like feminism they definitely have their issues for certain , but really no movement is scott free really. There's always flaws in a well meaning cause.