Page 315 of 827 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365415815 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post

Wally West and Jimmy BROlson are all 'that coulda been us.'

The less said about Terrific Felicity the better.

Lol, I think that's all of them.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    That's awesome.
    It certainly is!

Maybe Let John Boyega Speak for Himself and Don’t Inflict Your Opinions on Him

In an interview with Variety, Boyega was asked about being online and, while Kelly Marie Tran was referenced in the question, he did not mention her in his response. The question was about online engagement, and the interviewer used Kelly as a reference point to the dark side of online fandom. Boyega’s response is what had many on Twitter talking:
    Being in this position, you just understand the masses, how the masses think, you know. Through social media, we get to engage, we get to have fun. But at the same time, for those who are not mentally strong, you are weak to believe in every single thing that you read. That’s, you know, it is what it is. I don’t know, for me anyway, when I see that [backlash], I’m like, well, that’s actually not true. But no, it is actually not true. So it’s kind of like [shrugs] it is what it is. But to engage, to connect with the fans who otherwise wouldn’t get a day to day experience, especially during things like the press tour, and behind the scenes stuff, is always good.
    As he points out in a tweet apologizing for the comment, he was only talking about his own experience online and how he has to cope with the fanbase and social media.
    What we can all learn about this is that yes, we should question responses like this because, if there wasn’t a question as to why he said this, he probably wouldn’t have felt the need to clarify, and he most definitely should have. But I also think that there is certain a level of anger people have for anyone in the public eye that allows comments like this to be taken away from them and used against them. Did John Boyega mean that Kelly Marie Tran is weak? No, he was speaking about himself.
    https://www.themarysue.com/maybe-let...inions-on-him/

I just want Finn to have some dignity, just a showing of competence. What he should have had in the first two movies.

Sooooo well this happened.....
    Orlando Jones speaks on why Mr. Nancy isn't appearing on Season 3 of American Gods :/
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1205836143897579520
    GrindrStone(D)

It was a bad wording but his context is clear. If your not ready to deal with a ton of abuse from the public, best to not get involced with Twitter and leave it to your agent.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    It was a bad wording but his context is clear. If your not ready to deal with a ton of abuse from the public, best to not get involced with Twitter and leave it to your agent.
    It's not even bad wording, people are just being sensitive as hell like usual and looking for the next headline.

He's right. If you can't handle it the heat, get out of the kitchen. Some can, some can't.

Obviously the assholes are assholes but also obvious... you can't really escape them. There are too many and they have too much time on their hands.

i don't feel sorry for people who cause their own stress. If social media causes you stress... there is an easy out with it. Especially millionaires who can pay people to handle it for them as an advertisement tool .
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It's not even bad wording, people are just being sensitive as hell like usual and looking for the next headline.

He's right. If you can't handle it the heat, get out of the kitchen. Some can, some can't.

Obviously the assholes are assholes but also obvious... you can't really escape them. There are too many and they have too much time on their hands.

i don't feel sorry for people who cause their own stress. If social media causes you stress... there is an easy out with it. Especially millionaires who can pay people to handle it for them as an advertisement tool .
    But she like John and so many others are not bothering anybody. Unlike a TI, Bow Wow, Mayweather or Kanye.

Kelly did not engage a certain former Green Lantern artist-who lead the way for her to get attacked.
    All Michael B. Jordan said to the trolls was "yall going to watch anyway" about FF and that lead to attacks.
    John wasn't picking fights.
    Same with Heather Antos, Gabby Rivera, Eve Ewing, Miles Morales's current writer, McDuffie's widow, Kwanza and every other person harassed and threaten by gators.
    Those were not just normal insults. Those were straight up attacks that got way too PERSONAL-including threats to family members and coworkers. Your job getting called with fake complaints. Theaters getting threats about showing your film.

She LEFT social media. You don't have to engage them to see what is posted or sent via e-mail. Especially the LIES. The LIES that end up being accepted by dummies and used to keep you UNEMPLOYED.
    Nobody wants to talk about that. How is that mess hurting your employment. If you are a POC.
    Most of the white folks who took on trolls don't have issue getting work.
    Melissa McCarthy talked some real you know what with those trolls. They did not get her tv show axed. They have not stopped her from having movies galore.
    Meanwhile Leslie Jones chased off Twitter got All State ads.

John has 2 movies and cartoon voices after taking on trolls.
    Kelly 1 tv show on Hulu.

Oscar 10 movies including Oscar winner SPiderverse.
    Daisy 2 hit movies. All these trolls who hate Rey seem to NOT want to go after Daisy for playing that role. Unlike John & Kelly. So why was it personal attacks with the POC over their choices of roles but not with her or Oscar?

And why has Finn been the least developed of the three? Least stories and almost at times MIA in ads. To me that is pandering to the trolls.
    If these same trolls hate black folks in Star Wars where is that rage for the new black female in the film? Where was it for Donald Glover?
    John gets single out. A guy who was doing NOTHING before that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Sooooo well this happened.....
    Orlando Jones speaks on why Mr. Nancy isn't appearing on Season 3 of American Gods :/
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1205836143897579520
    This was sad to hear.

Also, as a white guy.....wtf is up with black guys in movies/trailers going "Woooh!". Maybe its like a weird microcosm of all the trailers I've seen these last few years but it seems like if theirs a non old male black character in any kind of action role he'll inevitably go "Woooh". I was thinking about this after seeing Finn do it on one of the latest SW trailers and going "Ah **** they HAVE just realised they've no idea what to do with him"
    Last edited by jetengine; 12-15-2019 at 12:34 AM.

TVline talks with Orlando Jones following his firing from American Gods.

https://tvline.com/2019/12/14/americ...view-season-3/

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Also, as a white guy.....wtf is up with black people in movies/trailers going "Woooh!". Maybe its like a weird micticosm of all the trailers I've seen these last few years but it seems like if theirs a non old male black character in any kind of action role he'll inevitably go "Woooh". I was thinking about this after seeing Finn do it on one of the latest SW teailers and going "Ah **** they HAVE just realised they've no idea what to do with him"
    It's basically a repeat of the "black guys in movies and t.v. shows are comic relief to some extent". Hollywood writers write what they know. It doesn't matter that Finn probably not be this type of character given his background. He has to be the excitable one.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    TVline talks with Orlando Jones following his firing from American Gods.

https://tvline.com/2019/12/14/americ...view-season-3/

It's basically a repeat of the "black guys in movies and t.v. shows are comic relief to some extent". Hollywood writers write what they know. It doesn't matter that Finn probably not be this type of character given his background. He has to be the excitable one.
    True.

I mean this whole sequel trilogy is trying to utilise similar motifs to the original but no one wants to make one of the two male leads the Princess Leia

Apparently, Keiynan Lonsdale will be returning to the Flash at the ends of both Crisis on Infinite Earths and the Bloodwork arc.

https://www.tvinsider.com/840523/kei...-6-wally-west/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Apparently, Keiynan Lonsdale will be returning to the Flash at the ends of both Crisis on Infinite Earths and the Bloodwork arc.

https://www.tvinsider.com/840523/kei...-6-wally-west/
    It was starting to stand out a lot how much the show was writing around Wally with Barry dealing with his impending death and getting closure with everyone except his old sidekick who would, conceivably, make the most sense to replace him.

I'm guessing the "old threat with a new face" is Mirror Master.

How ‘The Case for Reparations’ by Ta-Nehisi Coates Inspired Damon Lindelof in Watchmen.

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/how...nsp-1840457863