Page 702 of 827 FirstFirst ... 202602652692698699700701702703704705706712752802 ... LastLast
Results 10,516 to 10,530 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Typical democratic party crap.

Do absolutely nothing for certain demographics aka minorities and young people and then act absolutely offended that they "don't vote."

They better hope the Roe decision fires up the younger crowd because they didn't do a single thing they promised to them. There will be extreme voter apathy if Roe doesn't do it.

I noticed i don't miss it at all. I was purely clicking out of habit
    For people that love to screech about therapy and self-help, democrats refuse to look inward and wonder why people don't vote for them, there's no creativity or curiosity, they just think representation by itself is enough. Everything is always someone elses fault, it's the bernie bros, it's russia, it's susan sarandon, black men secretly covet the power white men have, it's never them.

If you're a droid user, there's an app called blocksite that I use on my phone, its similar to stay focused, it's got ads though, I don't want to pay for it, if there's a better one I can probably find it. I can't be bothered with apple, I think they're stuff costs too much.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 06-30-2022 at 06:51 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    For people that love to screech about therapy and self-help, democrats refuse to look inward and wonder why people don't vote for them, there's no creativity or curiosity, they just think representation by itself is enough. Everything is always someone elses fault, it's the bernie bros, it's russia, it's susan sarandon, black men secretly covet the power white men have, it's never them.

If you're a droid user, there's an app called blocksite that I use on my phone, its similar to stay focused, it's got ads though, I don't want to pay for it, if there's a better one I can probably find it. I can't be bothered with apple, I think they're stuff costs too much.
    Quoted for truth.

Meanwhile, I'm hearing some people are upset because of that clip of Captain Marvel calling Sam Wilson "Cap".

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Because you got places where that is ENOUGH.

There are parts of this country where that is enough to get you reelected (either party).

It's how folks like Maxine Waters and Eddie Bernice Johnson STAY in office and have done little for those areas.

Lets take Texas Elections of 2020
    Of the counties Biden won 5 could have went to Trump because the margin error was less than 3%.
    Of the won Trump won 1 could have went to Biden. And that is if you do NOT have Independent folks running. He would need to get over half those indy voters.

Florida... Biden stood no chance. Even with the indy votes.

Unless you are in Swing State-is it really worth being creative? At least for Texas and Florida.

And I think the issue is the faction of folks who DO NOT vote.

I am on another HBCU board we have 3 posters who LOVE to bash the Democrats and insult black folks for supporting them "blindly".

The rest of us have ASKED nonstop for them to point out what Republicans have DONE for black folks. We can't get an answer.

We can point out the few things Democrats have done.
    Along with pointing out for how that OTHER party pushes the Great Replacement Theory that help edge a young man to visit Buffalo in the hood one day.
    And how not one of them have offered an alternative.
    Independent folks are NOT winning the White House.
    And all Black political party is NOT sniffing the governor office nor Congress let alone the White House.

Invincible Member

We just had a primary here, only about 20% of people came out to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    We just had a primary here, only about 20% of people came out to vote.
    All voting days should be a holiday.

People work too much and have so little free time as is... making them request time off work to drive and go sit in line to vote is ridiculous
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Should be a holiday, should be on a Saturday, people should be registered automatically, they should have a digital and trackable system to confirm your vote and those you voted for (and a way to petition if there was a mistake, like the Bush vs Gore election) in addition to the paper ballots, mail-in voting and early voting should be expanded, etc.

But it's inconvenient at best and near impossible at worst (especially in minority-heavy districts and urban centers) by design. When more people vote one party does better.

I voted in Tuesday's Democratic primary here in NY. There was a Republican primary here, too, but both are closed primaries, so you have to be registered with the party having the primary in order to vote, so if you are registered as anything other than a Democrat or Republican in NY, you could not vote in either primary.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    . When more people vote one party does better.
    and yet the party that benefits has done nothing to take advantage of it.

Just... bizarre

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Invincible Member

and yet the party that benefits has done nothing to take advantage of it.

Just... bizarre
    It's done more than you think, I suspect, but it's not enough. And it's not going to be enough because our congress is dysfunctional. That doesn't change that we need to elect more of them so it can become more functional. More broadly, we have to enlarge the House, end the filibuster, and expand the courts at all levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    More broadly, we have to enlarge the House, end the filibuster, and expand the courts at all levels.
    I don't see a path where this is anyway remotely possible.

I don't see a path where this is anyway remotely possible.
    We're pretty close on the filibuster, if we can elect a couple more Senators. Expanding the Supreme Court to match the 13 district courts is gaining traction as a means to reign in the radicalized supremes we have right now. Please bear in mind, a lot of things that were previously 'unthinkable', that had 'no path forward', have been accomplished. It's a process, a marathon rather than a sprint. Things can happen, but activist pressure has to be sustained.

We're pretty close on the filibuster, if we can elect a couple more Senators.
    Which 2022 senator seats do you actually see as a possibility to flip (without losing the ones the D have)?

Which 2022 senator seats do you actually see as a possibility to flip (without losing the ones the D have)?
    Fetterrman looks to be in a solid position. Most polls have him with a pretty solid lead. Ron Johnson is looking vulnerable and Dems have a good track record with Wisconsin statewide offices late.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 07-06-2022 at 06:41 AM.

Fetterrman looks to be in a solid position. Most polls have him with a pretty solid lead. Ron Johnson is looking vulnerable and Dems have a good track record with Wisconsin statewide offices late.
    Missouri Republicans are in trouble if they nominate Greitens. Right now, he's one of three candidates with between 22.8 and 24%.

https://www.thetrafalgargroup.org/wp...eport-0701.pdf

Polls in Ohio don't look too bad.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/senate/ohio/

Democrats are just a few points down in North Carolina.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...orth-carolina/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets