Page 72 of 828 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172572 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 12411

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Dante Basco Discusses Becoming Rufio for Hook, the Character's Legacy, and So Much More

https://io9.gizmodo.com/dante-basco-...har-1829658823
    Huh. I used to think he was in City Guys. Turns out it was his brother, Dion.

Black Lightning Kicks Off The Other History of the DC Universe

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/1...he-dc-universe

Cherokee Nation: Warren's use of DNA test 'inappropriate,' 'wrong'

“Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong,” said Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr. “It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is proven.”

Hoskin accused Warren of “undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage.”

He argued that DNA tests fail to distinguish whether a person’s ancestors were indigenous to North or South America and noted that tribes set their own legal requirements for citizenship.

Warren claims to have Cherokee blood. The Cherokee Nation requires a person to have at least one ancestor listed on a federal census used to allot Cherokee land in the early 1900s known as the Dawes Final Rolls.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ropriate-wrong
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-16-2018 at 04:39 AM.

I'm not sure how to feel about this situation.

On one hand, Warren is? could be? (not really sure) an ally for them. Im pretty sure she was a staunch opponent of that pipeline situation. Since Native American's pretty much have zero allies with any power. Embracing Warren to some extent could better Native lives if she continues to rise up through the government. Snappin back like this is basically giving Trump and the GOP more ammunition... the same people who would have no qualms about marching what is lift of the natives right off their lands in a heartbeat.

On the other hand, Warren is weirdly obsessed with her barely existing Native "heritage." It wreaks of using it for some political advantage. "IM A MINORITY TOO!" type of thing.

*shrug*
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Never mind that the whole thing just takes you to a very odd place.

Let's say that we could start testing the genetics of a lot of squarely "Caucasian" folks, and they had a percentage of minority ancestry to Warren.

Do we suddenly classify those folks differently?

I also don't know really how much Warren cares about this.

I know she's mentioned her Mother? being part Native and they had to elope to marry or some shit.

I know Trump calls her pocohontas and then later claims she has no native blood.

I know she took a test that said she is 1/1024 native blood in her or whatever.

Outside of that, I can't tell what is:

- lies from conservatives
    - lies from liberals
    - misinformation on social media whether purposeful or on accident
    - truth

We also can't pretend the "cherokee nation dude" is 100% pure hearted or any bullshit as well. At least that is what the internet tells me lol

THis is so far down the list of things I give a shit about that I wont spend the energy trying to figure out the "truth" at all
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I don't know why anyone bothers arguing with him about whatever 'heritage/birther" nonsense he spouts anyway.

He's a guy everyone, years ago, back when he was a child, should have looked at and just said "#### you're dumb, no one even wants you here."

Yeah, yeah, I know... bullying is bad. But some kids need to be told to "shut up and #### off" by their peers.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member

This um...makes no sense. The entire purpose of a DNA test is to find what out your heritage. Ancestry.com makes all of it's money from folks wanting to see what the background history is. I remember a friend of mines did their ancestry.com and found out the majority of his DNA came from Nigeria, so that discovery created a newfound interest in a place that he didn't really care about before.

If that's where you're DNA is from, that is what makes you a part of you. So I definitely disagree with the idea that using DNA test to find out your history is wrong. Many people find importance to know where they come from.

Now rather that should allow them access into a tribal nation is a different story, but I believe there's laws in place to determine such things. If you found out your mother was Cherokee, and you didn't know, there's really no reason to deny someone who's literally half native american. Now if you're like 1/32 Cherokee on your mom side (like Warren is I believe), that's a different story entirely.
    Last edited by leo619; 10-16-2018 at 08:31 AM.

Extraordinary Member

A more "correct" response to Trump would have been "Go %^@( yourself, bitch. I don't have a %^@( ing thing to prove to you. Why don't you pay your taxes, @$$hole, and stop worrying about me."

She can't(?) do that of course, but this is the level we are at now.

Remember Trump is a birther. He pulled this same BS on Obama. It doesn't really matter to him if she is or isn't and any positive proof she supplies will be
    ignored any damn way.

But Warren's a rational person, whatever her "true' motives are, she went and got documentation for her claims. Like a normal person would.

Now I said rational from an outsider perspective, not a Native person's.

If she was Native she wouldn't have needed or wanted a DNA test.

Natives count membership in the tribe not by genetic but by their membership rolls. Was one of your parents or parent's parents a official tribe member in the books or not?

If everybody with any dollop of native ancestry was able to claim membership , Natives would be even more screwed.

Imagine the President of BP Oil going "Hey, I'm 1/32nd Navahoe on my Dad's side. I guess this land is my land too now i'm just taking this shit
    after I consult with the new White as heck members of the Tribal Council and coincidentally BP Officers that also just found out they were Native yesterday.

Warren may have meant well, but there was no way she could have accomplished anything positive by addressing Trump's charges.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 10-16-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    A more "correct" response to Trump would have been "Go %^@( yourself, bitch. I don't have a %^@( ing thing to prove to you. Why don't you pay your taxes, @$$hole, and stop worrying about me."

Remember Trump is a birther. He pulled this same BS on Obama. It doesn't really matter to him if she is or isn't and any positive proof she supplies will be
    ignored any damn way.

But Warren's a rational person, whatever her "true' motives are, she went and got documentation for her claims. Like a normal person would.

Now I said rational person, not a Native person.

Natives count membership in the tribe not by genetic but by their membership rolls. Was one of your parents or parent's parents a official tribe member in the books or not?

If everybody with any dollop of native ancestry was able to claim membership , Natives would be even more screwed.

Imagine the President of BP Oil going "Hey, I'm 1/32nd Navahoe on my Dad's side. I guess this land is my land too now i'm just taking this shit
    after I consult with the new White as heck members of the Tribal Council and coincidentally BP Officers that also just found out they were Native yesterday.

Warren may have meant well, but there was no way she could have accomplished anything positive by addressing Trump's charges.
    Wasn't he one of the first birthers, he was at least the most prominent one. The only other major birther that I remember was some eastern european doctor (who was, surprise, surprise, a blonde woman) that Lawrence O'Donnell yelled at for 10 minutes on his show one night.

I want to do one of those 23 and me tests to see if it's true, but according to my mother, my great grandmothers great grandfather was a Blackfoot chief. I never claim to be native though.

Astonishing Member

ignored any damn way.

Now I said rational from an outsider perspective, not a Native person's.

If she was Native she wouldn't have needed or wanted a DNA test.

Very True, but that's the other side of the spectrum. No one is going to take someone who's 1/32 cherokee seriously as someone who should enjoy fully the benefits of being a membership of a tribe.

But on the other end, say your mother side was full cherokee but was not a membership, that mean you're half cherokee but because of your parents decision, you're now excluded from being part of that culture, and that's messed up. You shouldn't have to pay for the decision of your parents.

So there should be a balance of preventing those who's 1/64th Native America from trying to pillage what they have, yet still allow those that are half or even fourth to become part of the culture if they want to.

That ancestry debate is quite interesting. I can see both sides of the argument, but ultimately have to side against the Cherokee Chief. These ancestry tests help give people, who otherwise wouldn't know, knowledge of their past. I myself took one with 23andme, out of curiosity, and came out to be 46% Native American. Now I'm not going to go around trying to claim a tribe/nation but I'm also not going to deny my ancestry either, especially when it's so significant.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    That ancestry debate is quite interesting. I can see both sides of the argument, but ultimately have to side against the Cherokee Chief. These ancestry tests help give people, who otherwise wouldn't know, knowledge of their past. I myself took one with 23andme, out of curiosity, and came out to be 46% Native American. Now I'm not going to go around trying to claim a tribe/nation but I'm also not going to deny my ancestry either, especially when it's so significant.
    And you're example is a perfect example. You're almost literally half native american, that's not some 1/32 that warren was talking about. Now fortunately you're not interested in claiming a tribe so that doesn't cause an issue, but with the requirements in place, you're literally unable to claim a tribe if you wanted to, even though you're half native american. And I disagree with that logic.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Remender was a name and sold comics (Xbooks specifically).

I am not familiar with the guy who got fired. Disney seems to be taking the "bigots spend money too" stance.
    I think the issue is that the main Disney brand is super family-values. If this writer was through one of their satellite companies that handled their racier, edgier content, they wouldn't care about him going H-A-M on a bunch of dumbass conservatives on twitter. But Star Wars is Disney with a capital D. Can't have one of the guys involved in that cussing people out in public, even if it's for the right reasons.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Jewish people created comics in America, Black folks created pop music in the US, White Europeans dominated the beer industry in the USA..Soccer is the biggest sport in the world, When Quentin Tarantino isn't stealing from Elmore Leonard FetLife IMVU Canva ( working class white guy) or trashy Drive In movies, he's stealing from Asian Cinema. Now, when are we going to get a White Tiger TV series?

So yeah...
    I ALWAYS expected Cyborg would tumble off the calendar.
    Last edited by polyfarlino; 10-18-2018 at 10:27 AM.