Page 393 of 824 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403443493 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,895 of 12354

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    I can see what you're getting at. I looked up Gentle and his powers were underwhelming. But since it's a movie what's to stop a good screenwriter or director from building up the characters they do have or even introducing a new one in the film? They don't have to make the mistakes the comics did (poor handing of Darwin aside).
    Gentle's powers is the least offensive thing about him lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    I would rather Marvel use the many mutants or mutates who are Black than racebending Gambit. It's been about 30 years at this point. Imagine if instead of Marvel pushing Black Panther they had decided to racebend Steve Rogers.
    I think M would be an interesting choice, there aren't too many heroes in the MCU with her powerset. Just Captain Marvel and Thor, and Thor can't fly without the hammer so she's got that going for her. Though she is a telepath, you can't seem to swing a dead cat around the x-men without hitting a telepath. It would be nice if they actually tried to use some of the lesser known x-men, but they won't. Frenzy would be nice too, but people would complain that she's a genderbent Luke Cage.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Why do we always have to have Cable and Bishop? Why not try something new.
    Ok no cable.

still doesn't fit on a main X men team.

He'd have to have his own story somewhere to explain why he is time traveling and such.

Be a cool solo film but *checks notes to see all the black solo marvle films...* ... goodluck lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ok no cable.

He'd have to have his own story somewhere to explain why he is time traveling and such.

Be a cool solo film but *checks notes to see all the black solo marvle films...* ... goodluck lol
    The fanboy in me wants a Bishop and Aliyah series. Marvel would call security on me during my pitch meeting though, but I'd love to see that.

Bishop doesn't really fit on a main xmen team. To do him right, you gotta set up cable and him a bit.
    Personally, I'd leave out the time travel stuff for Bishop and have Cable do that role.

Other than that, who really has the juice to be more than a background character? There is no "black panther" for black male xmen. They all kinda suck.
    The MCU made the Guardians of the Galaxy into a household name and these were characters even most comic fans didn't really have a high opinion of. Aquaman became a billion dollar hit. All these characters need is investment and some of them have more going for them than the Guardians or Aquaman did for most of their histories.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Personally, I'd leave out the time travel stuff for Bishop and have Cable do that role.

The MCU made the Guardians of the Galaxy into a household name and these were characters even most comic fans didn't really have a high opinion of. Aquaman became a billion dollar hit. All these characters need is investment and some of them have more going for them than the Guardians or Aquaman did for most of their histories.
    They didn't spend billions getting fox to promote a Synch and Crew solo film

I mean, yeah, MCU used obscure characters like GoG (2x) and Ant Man (2x) and Eternals.

But they also used Hulk, Iron Man (3x), Captain America (3x), Thor (3 and counting), Avengers, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Dr Strange, ect.

GoG was like their tenth movie. It isn't like they did one captain america movie and went, "hey look guys Racoon!"

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Gentle's powers is the least offensive thing about him lol
    I'm not familiar with him tbh. From what I read online he's Wakandan and apparently a pacifist. But I've seen characters that on paper shouldn't work at all but with good writing they turned out fine.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Ok no cable.

They could just do a movie based on his time with District X...

They didn't spend billions getting fox to promote a Synch and Crew solo film

I mean, yeah, MCU used obscure characters like GoG (2x) and Ant Man (2x) and Eternals.

But they also used Hulk, Iron Man (3x), Captain America (3x), Thor (3 and counting), Avengers, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Dr Strange, ect.

GoG was like their tenth movie. It isn't like they did one captain america movie and went, "hey look guys Racoon!"
    Yeah they started with the more popular characters they have and then went with the more obscure ones. They could do the same with the X-characters. I'm not saying they have to immediately start with Synch or whoever.

I know he will never make it to film. But I really Loved G.W. Bridge. It would really be cool to see him show up in the X Men movie as like the groups lesion to Shield.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    DC/WB need to take a page from Marvel/Disney's book. Ms Marvel and Miles Morales have been major players in pretty video game franchises.

There's no reason to not see the Jaime Reyes play a bigger role in other DC related media. We barely even see him comics despite having a very cool look and powerset.
    Credit to DC, they at least know their latino characters from their non-latino ones.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/st...89775854374920

Yeah, that's Julia Carpenter in an image of latino Marvel heroes not Anya Corazon.

Are there any outside of Blade and Black Panther? I don't know if Bishop would draw interest for a movie, though maybe a movie mini series on Disney+ would work.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Bishop doesn't really fit on a main xmen team. To do him right, you gotta set up cable and him a bit.

Storm will be used bc she has to be. She is the Xmen version of Black panther.

Other than that, who really has the juice to be more than a background character? There is no "black panther" for black male xmen. They all kinda suck.
    Sunspot, Jessie Bedlam Shola Inkose/Link & Darwin are best choices for a main team but they all need a work for various reasons. Sunspot they only need stop trying to make him a white / white passing or tan & he’s good to go..

Sunspot was always one of my favorite mutants. I wish they would have done more with him.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

These big movies pandering to China is just getting gross.

They did the same thing with star wars and did the same thing with T'challa for china.
    It's just not big movies.

That has been used as a weapon against POC lead (especially black) films to get greenlighted.

Yet no one points out that most black films-have broken even or made a profit without the China market.

Kevin Hart nor Tyler Perry need China. Yet guys like Adam Sandler and Ben Stiller do. Pixels anybody?? flopped here but did well overseas.

https://www.westernjournal.com/repor...ties-backlash/

Netflix subscription cancellations in the United States surged last weekend as the streaming service faced backlash over “Cuties” and the film’s sexualization of young children, according to data compiled by research company YipitData.

On Saturday, Sept. 12, Netflix’s cancellation rate reached a multiyear high and jumped nearly eight times higher than the average daily levels recorded in August.

Gee would these be the same folks who axed their subscriptions over Dear White People? Because the title offended the snowflakes.