Page 43 of 824 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143543 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I was afraid that they would see this is as just a fluke and sadly I wasn't wrong.
    I'd say it's far too soon to say that -- at the very least you know there will be a Black Panther 2 and there may be other projects down the line that we don't know about yet.

Marvel is on a tight schedule with their MCU world-building -- they didn't disappoint me with the changes to many of their comic lineups and because of that, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt with regards to the MCU.

Like I said before BP came out: I'd rather them wait and do it right than rush something out there just to satisfy the audience, because if it's a bad movie then it only gives people more of an excuse to argue against more diversity in the entertainment medium.

What I'm going to do personally is go see the Miles Morales movie a couple of times since I'm sure I'll enjoy watching it on the big screen in 3D more than watching it at home -- I figure that's the best way to send a message to the studios about what kind of films they should be putting out.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 09-18-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    I'm assuming you mean Maria? I doubt little kid 90s Monica gets more than one scene...if that. Her mom looks at a photo of her maybe.
    Noted. The trailer does seem to cram several of Carol looks throughout so maybe Monica gets her an 8 year old esque scene like Killmonger got.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    https://twitter.com/seewhatsnext/sta...73279895224332

Live Action Avatar: The Last Airbender coming to Netflix

non-whitewashed
    I'm trying to think of an instance of an animated series being adapted into live action tv. I know of live action movies getting animated shows but I think this is a new one.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm trying to think of an instance of an animated series being adapted into live action tv. I know of live action movies getting animated shows but I think this is a new one.
    I can't wait to see Appa, Momo, Roku's Dragon (Fang), the Badger Moles, so excited. By the way aren't they also making Rugrats in to live action?

As long as it's better than the live-action Last Airbender feature film.

Ultimate Member

If Black Panther and Captain Marvel both break records the obvious next step is an Ultimates franchise -- I just don't see where Marvel is going to drop the ball on that one after setting things up so well and watching BP surpass expectations.

Probably should be on the lookout for signs of Kamala too -- maybe even Rogue if Marvel is ready to take that step.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped an X-Men (or Dr. Doom) tease at the end of one of the next few movies since I'm sure they are factoring that into their next phase as well.

Casting for those franchises should be interesting -- assuming that's not just wishful thinking.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 09-18-2018 at 06:06 PM.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I feel that superhero movies have become like the oil industry. Profits are high and the product is in demand, but the long term effects will be negative without restraint. People are getting tired of hero fantasies. The fatigue hasn't caught up to the genre yet, but it's inevitable. You can only watch the same story so many times. The first major casting change when Robert Downey Jr. retires from Iron Man will probably be when we see the first big example of people hopping off the train.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Niffleheim

I feel compelled to watch what happens to Thanos and since i don't have GOTG to look forward to i might just hop off the MCU train if Marvel doesn't have anything cosmic to replace it with after Avengers 4. I still can't believe Marvel Studio had me watching Captain America and Iron Man

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    https://twitter.com/seewhatsnext/sta...73279895224332

Live Action Avatar: The Last Airbender coming to Netflix

non-whitewashed
    Literally can't be any worse than that live-action film that I pretend does not exist.

---

As far as the future of Marvel being white female, it's rather perfect on their end because they can tick off the female box to appease a certain demographic, whilst also being able to tick off the white box to appease another demographic (mainly themselves, due to their irrational view of anything non-white being risky, but also members of another demographic who litter their vocab with phrases like SJW and PC Police, whenever someone non-white 'invades' their fiction). It's a win-win scenario for them. For men and women of color? Well, we're just told to wait our turn and be happy with whatever we're given.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

I feel a smidge of fatigue. I like the marvel movies, but I can only watch them once. I'm not sure why. I like them, but I can't watch them more than once. I've seen the last Jedi four times.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I feel that superhero movies have become like the oil industry. Profits are high and the product is in demand, but the long term effects will be negative without restraint. People are getting tired of hero fantasies. The fatigue hasn't caught up to the genre yet, but it's inevitable.
    Logic says that but the box office says otherwise -- BP and Infinity War are two of Marvel's biggest hits to date.

This could be a new paradigm where -- like the comics -- the stories are what keep people coming back for more.

That's not so much my opinion as it is just bearing witness to something completely unexpected -- the next Spider-Man, Avengers, and BP movies are most likely guaranteed hits unless Marvel makes some serious missteps in the interim and what happens after that depends on how people take to the new characters.

Now that the X-Books and Secret Wars are in play, Marvel has plenty of options going forward -- a Wolverine reboot alone would probably make near-record box office for Marvel.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 09-18-2018 at 08:58 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Literally can't be any worse than that live-action film that I pretend does not exist.

---

As far as the future of Marvel being white female, it's rather perfect on their end because they can tick off the female box to appease a certain demographic, whilst also being able to tick off the white box to appease another demographic (mainly themselves, due to their irrational view of anything non-white being risky, but also members of another demographic who litter their vocab with phrases like SJW and PC Police, whenever someone non-white 'invades' their fiction). It's a win-win scenario for them. For men and women of color? Well, we're just told to wait our turn and be happy with whatever we're given.
    These goofballs seem to like someone non-male even less than someone non-white.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    These goofballs seem to like someone non-male even less than someone non-white.
    Hardly. As tough as it is for white female characters to be accepted, it's even harder for non white characters. And God help you if you're female and poc. We learned this the hard way with Riri Williams, Kamala Khan, Moon Girl and Blade's potential daughter who didn't even appear in a comic before that idea got scorn.

I don't doubt the Captain Marvel movie will face considerable crap due to the characters sex. But whatever she gays will be a cake walk compared to what would happen if it were Monica starring in that movie instead of Carol.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-19-2018 at 01:16 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Hardly. As tough as it is for white female characters to be accepted, it's even harder for non white characters. And God help you if you're female and poc. We learned this the hard way with Riri Williams, Kampala Khan, Moon Girl and Blade's potential daughter who didn't even appear in a comic before that idea got scorn.

I don't doubt the Captain Marvel movie will face considerable crap due to the characters sex. But whatever she gays will be a cake walk compared to what would happen if it were Monica starring in that movie instead of Carol.
    Black females have it the hardest with these clowns. Even some wrong headed black men have issues with black women.

Honestly, it's probably because the average (not all) black woman has a very distinct "sense of self" and very, very strong identity.

The anti-SJW crowd really freak out at the mention of black women in movies, games and the like. I mean, we had these folks freaking out over Star Trek discovery because it was led by a black female and people complaining about how SJW politics had "infested" Star Trek (which is the stupidest thing i've heard in my life because Star Trek is EXPLICITLY about social justice). As you rightly pointed out, Riri Williams has gotten an insane and frankly ridiculous amount of hatred since she was introduced and folks are still attacking her now even though she isn't being featured in the books; folks still complain about Moon Girl (which is the height of ridiculousness because I don't/can't understand why a grown man will be crying about books for little girls) and Kamala Khan despite Ms Marvel's success.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Black females have it the hardest with these clowns. Even some wrong headed black men have issues with black women.

Honestly, it's probably because the average (not all) black woman has a very distinct "sense of self" and very, very strong identity.

The anti-SJW crowd really freak out at the mention of black women in movies, games and the like. I mean, we had these folks freaking out over Star Trek discovery because it was led by a black female and people complaining about how SJW politics had "infested" Star Trek (which is the stupidest thing i've heard in my life because Star Trek is EXPLICITLY about social justice). As you rightly pointed out, Riri Williams has gotten an insane and frankly ridiculous amount of hatred since she was introduced and folks are still attacking her now even though she isn't being featured in the books; folks still complain about Moon Girl (which is the height of ridiculousness because I don't/can't understand why a grown man will be crying about books for little girls) and Kamala Khan despite Ms Marvel's success.

Riri's case was especially frustrating since fans had more of a problem with her than the super villain who was running around calling himself Iron Man (which Riri wasn't doing).