Page 817 of 828 FirstFirst ... 317717767807813814815816817818819820821827 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,255 of 12408
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    [video=youtube;jkBluj0U0LQ]

People like you “not voting” for Hillary is what helped put Trump in office.

Not voting against what is clearly vile, racist, bigoted, unethical behavior is the equivalent of ignoring it — just as you continue to do with Trump and the Republican Party.
    I'd say more of the responsibility falls on the shoulders of folks who knew how terrible Trump was and voted ( and will again ) for him anyway. He shouldn't have gotten past the primaries before and yet...here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    There's gatekeepers in every fandom and there's been black musicians the genre for years ( although some years more than other years).

I'm convinced the backlash is connected to them still not being over Beyonce referencing the Black Panthers at the Superbowl some years ago. I saw a piece of a clip where Tom Scheider* was talking with an OAN guest and they said Beyonce doing a country song is another example of "The Left" trying to take over everything. And think about that for a moment...the idea that Beyonce and Jay-Z, two multi-millionaire entertainers with ownership in everything from clothing lines to sports teams are somehow "leftist".
    You meant John Schneider, great on Smallville, but now, woof. "Leftist", like "woke" is just code for "Those cotton candy colored hair having, soy milk chugging, rainbow loving, pronoun in bio having, black/brown communist freaks over there in hollyweird are doing something I don't like." Beyonce, Jay-Z, and Taylor Swift are, on their best day, garden variety rich hollywood liberals. Their political views are very tame, but now anyone slightly to the left of Trump, or whatever right-winger they're supporting that week is a blue-haired commie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'd say more of the responsibility falls on the shoulders of folks who knew how terrible Trump was and voted ( and will again ) for him anyway. He shouldn't have gotten past the primaries before and yet...here we are.
    That’s why the term “helped” was used — especially given the fact that 30 actively promoted attacks on Hillary while saying absolutely nothing about Trump and the Republican party’s direct attacks on Latinos, Muslims, and black voters.

The hypocrisy is both blatant and obvious and the result of not voting for Hillary was a Trump presidency, a conservative Supreme Court, and an emboldened white nationalist voting base.

Whether that was his goal or not is irrelevant as to this very day America is still dealing with the consequences of said ignorance — regardless, an objective political ally would never tell someone not to vote against those who actively seek to disenfranchise them and to take away their power.

It’s no coincidence that 30 is again saying and doing the same things as the Russians and the Republicans who seek to disenfranchise black voters — ignoring overt Republican bigotry while hypocritically criticizing the political party that is defending the civil rights of all Americans.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-20-2024 at 11:18 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    What is he suppose to FIX???
    One should at least have plans and a solid goal in mind before willingly ceding power for some unknown future benefit — waiting for things “to get bad enough” is not a plan.

It’s easy to complain but real solutions take real work.

Today would have been Dwayne McDuffie's 62nd birthday. Tomorrow will mark the 13th anniversary of his death.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I am excited for this but maybe that is because I have stayed away from fan sections whining about it haha.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I am excited for this but maybe that is because I have stayed away from fan sections whining about it haha.
    I don't know if I'm going to watch it. I liked avatar, but people talk about it like it was the greatest show ever, it wasn't bad, but I wouldn't put it on a pedestal either. I wonder if this is how Harry Potter kids felt about the movies? I never could get into Harry Potter.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I don't know if I'm going to watch it. I liked avatar, but people talk about it like it was the greatest show ever, it wasn't bad, but I wouldn't put it on a pedestal either. I wonder if this is how Harry Potter kids felt about the movies? I never could get into Harry Potter.
    I like it, don't love it. so I don't have this blind devotion to the anime.

I think the later episodes were excellent and people think the whole show was like that and it really wasnt IMHO. So, I have no problem with another show adapting it and maybe "fixing" some of the stuff I was meh/bored about.

but, if the fights suck I ain't watching haha. It has two episodes to rope me in and if it doesn't, im out.

HP never clicked with me fully. I get the appeal and the idea of that type of world but eh. Like, glad i read the books and saw the movies but I've never rewatched them and I don't think the books are particularly good writing at all. But, I remind myself that they are kids books (my kids like them) so I don't judge it too harshly.

Adults co-opting it and making it their identity and pretending the books are like, peak fantasy writing has always been odd to me.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 02-21-2024 at 09:20 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I like it, don't love it. so I don't have this blind devotion to the anime.

I think the later episodes were excellent and people think the whole show was like that and it really wasnt IMHO. So, I have no problem with another show adapting it and maybe "fixing" some of the stuff I was meh/bored about.

but, if the fights suck I ain't watching haha. It has two episodes to rope me in and if it doesn't, im out.

HP never clicked with me fully. I get the appeal and the idea of that type of world but eh. Like, glad i read the books and saw the movies but I've never rewatched them and I don't think the books are particularly good writing at all. But, I remind myself that they are kids books (my kids like them) so I don't judge it too harshly.

Adults co-opting it and making it their identity and pretending the books are like, peak fantasy writing has always been odd to me.
    I think the saying goes "Harry Potter inspired a whole generation of kids to read books, but it's the only book they've ever read."

I read the first two HP books when I was in middle school, saw the first couple of movies, my sister-in-law loves it, my old boss and a pastor loved it, but I couldn't get into it either, mainly because none of the kids were black. Goosebumps, Redwall, Fear Street, Holes (really good book that got adapted into an excellent movie), were my thing but I don't read kids books anymore, I've outgrown them, not in a "I am a serious mature adult who thumbs his nose at anything made for children because I ####ing hate them, yes I post regularly on the antinatalism subreddit, why do you ask?" way, more in a, "eh, I'm not the target audience, and that's alright." way.

I'm reading Hidden Empire, Son of the Storm, and The Stardust Thief, that last one might be YA, but I love middle eastern folklore, it's not explored enough.

Mighty Member

While I hate to give Fox News the time of day, the fact that certain people think those gaudy golden sneakers are getting votes is almost amusing.

Invincible Member

Phil Lamarr talking about Static Shock being cancelled

Ultimate Member

I had the misfortune of watching Tyler Perry's "Mea Culpa" on Netflix. It was awful.

Folks on social media are calling it a big budget Tubi movie and I'm inclined to agree.

The only thing I enjoyed about it was Kelly Rowland who is still very beautiful and she gave her all to this film. Tyler Perry should stick to Madea, he doesn't have any clue on how to produce an erotic thriller.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I had the misfortune of watching Tyler Perry's "Mea Culpa" on Netflix. It was awful.

Folks on social media are calling it a big budget Tubi movie and I'm inclined to agree.

The only thing I enjoyed about it was Kelly Rowland who is still very beautiful and she gave her all to this film. Tyler Perry should stick to Madea, he doesn't have any clue on how to produce an erotic thriller.
    You mean he didn't learn his lesson after Temptation and Acrimony? Or maybe he learned the wrong lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    While I hate to give Fox News the time of day, the fact that certain people think those gaudy golden sneakers are getting votes is almost amusing.
    In my 45+ years, this is one of the most blatantly and overt racist things I've ever seen. This comes out of a political party mind you. Again, I'm getting long in the tooth, in my community and demo, we still make reference to a certain U.S. President as 'The Crack President'. That was covert through, this, these fkn shoes, at it's face is nothing more than a shoddy gimmick sure but its aim is an actual voter outreach initiative.

Almost amusing? It's hilarious, in the saddest way possible and that's just style wise. They couldn't even be bothered to aim at a target demo, 'They ALL will eat them up' was definitely language used in the pitch meeting.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.