Page 307 of 827 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357407807 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 12396

Filipino fans campaign for new character Wave to get her own solo comic.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Eh the last few decades of comics have definitely skewed more toward anti-heroes who do all sorts of brutal and immoral stuff and rarely face consequences for it in-story or get much fan backlash.
    The Anti-heros greatest super power is never being wrong.

Punisher has killed a billion people, and only outside of weird early appearances and stuff that has been retconned, has he ever been wrong. The people he murdered were bad people and deserved it so you don't feel bad. Dudes stray bullets don't even hit bystanders lol

It's fantasy, not real life. Most people can separate the two rather easily.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Punisher has killed a billion people, and only outside of weird early appearances and stuff that has been retconned, has he ever been wrong. The people he murdered were bad people and deserved it so you don't feel bad. Dudes stray bullets don't even hit bystanders lol

In fairness (yes I know how that sounds), Frank's first story was about him trying to kill Spider-Man, a person who was totally innocent of the crime he was accused of. But outside of that, yeah, there's always been some awkwardness when it comes to him.

The recent run did have Frank state that he would kill any cops who started emulating him which was a not-so-subtle jab at real life cops who were openly showing admiration of the Punisher.

It goes along with something I mentioned before about the reader's insight to the comic itself. We're presented with the reasoning and all the behind the scenes thoughts and actions of a hero/anti-hero. So not only does the plot and writing make sure that the hero isn't wrong (depending on your values), we also get to see it in practice in full and we're instructed whether things were right/wrong or somewhere between. That's a huge difference from having it reported to us and leaving it to some guesswork and bias about institutions or historical recurrence. Though we tend to apply that bias through interpretations of the work, but it's usually about the author and not so much the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The recent run did have Frank state that he would kill any cops who started emulating him which was a not-so-subtle jab at real life cops who were openly showing admiration of the Punisher.
    In Welcome Back Frank, he also killed people who were emulating him.

Frank in all actuality when written correctly, doesn't even like himself. In many of "the end" storylines of his, he ends up kill himself after the work is done.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

A Second Season of gen:LOCK Will Debut on HBO Max

https://io9.gizmodo.com/a-second-sea...max-1839331946

Cloak and Dagger has been cancelled

https://io9.gizmodo.com/freeform-has...ger-1839338796
    Last edited by Agent Z; 10-24-2019 at 09:40 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Just saw the Promo for Tyler Perry's The Oval...

I've seen more believable WWE promos.

With the same amount of violence too.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

That hurts. I really enjoyed Cloak and Dagger. It was whip smart genre television. Maybe a little heavy on the teen angst, but the entire cast was great. Can't help but notice that all the shows getting picked off had a lot of social commentary in them. I wonder if the mouse wants all his heroes smiling and holding hands with the cops from now on.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    That hurts. I really enjoyed Cloak and Dagger. It was whip smart genre television. Maybe a little heavy on the teen angst, but the entire cast was great. Can't help but notice that all the shows getting picked off had a lot of social commentary in them. I wonder if the mouse wants all his heroes smiling and holding hands with the cops from now on.
    Feige is taking over the TV side as well.

He is just consolidating everything under his umbrella.

I imagine all MCU stuff will strictly be on Disney+ from now on.

AKA, everything "new" is about to be canon to the MCU. I imagine everything else will be discarded completely, not just Netflix like most though. AoS may survive just because it's been so... out there but at the same time, Feige is probably staring at there Inhumans stuff ready to nuke that all too.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    They've got a Kamala Khan t.v. show in the works and given the source material there is bound to be some social commentary there.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Feige is taking over the TV side as well.

He is just consolidating everything under his umbrella.

I imagine all MCU stuff will strictly be on Disney+ from now on.

AKA, everything "new" is about to be canon to the MCU. I imagine everything else will be discarded completely, not just Netflix like most though. AoS may survive just because it's been so... out there but at the same time, Feige is probably staring at there Inhumans stuff ready to nuke that all too.
    Well they are gonna forget Inhumans existed more or less. That was DOA the moment Feige nixed it from the film schedule release. In reading an article Jeph Leob knew he was toast awhile TV wise due to how projects were being cancelled . The Ghost Rider one was a big blow that really made it happen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

In the five years which followed Thanos snapping his fingers in Avengers: Infinity War, several characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe went through some serious changes. Thor fell into a deep depression. Hulk became much smarter and combined with Bruce Banner. Tony Stark became a father. Among the characters who almost saw a major change but didn't quite have it executed for Avengers: Endgame was Don Cheadle's James Rhodes, also known as War Machine. As the story goes from writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, one of the early ideas was to have the man once known as Iron Patriot become the Vice President of the United States.
    "We took it out because it didn't have any story weight, but I believe that during one draft, in the five year jump, Rhodie became vice president," Markus told ComicBook.com on Thursday. "Vice President Rhodey." It's one of many ideas which were considered for the two massive, conclusive Avengers movies. Another saw Richard Rider's Nova taking the place of Hulk as the herald with a warning for the heroes of Earth.
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/10...marvel-series/

Several people on facebook have posted this pic. Supposedly it's Storm and those posting it are understandably perplexed by the coloring choice. My question for anyone who is reading whatever book this is from: was she colored this way consistently throughout the book or was this just a screwed up panel?
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post

Several people on facebook have posted this pic. Supposedly it's Storm and those posting it are understandably perplexed by the coloring choice. My question for anyone who is reading whatever book this is from: was she colored this way consistently throughout the book or was this just a screwed up panel?
    What book is it ?