Page 33 of 824 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133533 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Is Squirrel Girl bigger (she basically plus sized for a superheroine) in the comics too? I don't read her solo books but last time I saw her was Bendis New Avengers and she def was not lol.

I already find her incredibly irritating in the trailer.

Which patriot is that?
    She got bigger when she got revamped for her solo book.

That’s Rayshaun as Patriot.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Technically Dual Citizenship (which is odd as japan normally forces you to choose one or the other by the age of 18),

Still, that japanese culture is strong in her. Japan is the only place I know where they will apologize when the other person f*** up lol. Even if I move back next year, I don't think I'll ever understand that.
    Well she plays for Japan so yes she has dual citizenship. Playing for Japan is a smart move for her career wise. She doesn't speak Japanese...or at least she didn't a couple years ago.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Extraordinary Member

So, has anyone heard about Micheal B. Jordan possibly playing Superman at a later date?

I'd love to see Val-Zod in live action, but I'm not sure if Jordan is the right person for the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    So, has anyone heard about Micheal B. Jordan possibly playing Superman at a later date?

I'd love to see Val-Zod in live action, but I'm not sure if Jordan is the right person for the role.
    from Justin Kroll

One thing to mention on the SUPERMAN front, every time a big role is casting at WB, MBJ’s name is always mentioned going back to that MATRIX reboot that never came to be so tread lightly when it comes to him and this project

How you gonna have the most powerful dude on earth, so powerful he makes the JL obsolete, a dude that can travel around the world in a few seconds, just straight up disappear from a shared universe lol?

howd WB botch this so damn hard?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Michael B. Jordan is the right person for a lot of roles IMO including Superman. Though playing Superman, Val-Zod or Kal, would require him losing the mustache and I can't really see that. Nevertheless him playing John Stewart doesn't even appear to be on WB/DC's menu so why not.

How you gonna have the most powerful dude on earth, so powerful he makes the JL obsolete, a dude that can travel around the world in a few seconds, just straight up disappear from a shared universe lol?

howd WB botch this so damn hard?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Michael B. Jordan is the right person for a lot of roles IMO including Superman. Though playing Superman, Val-Zod or Kal, would require him losing the mustache and I can't really see that. Nevertheless him playing John Stewart doesn't even appear to be on WB/DC's menu so why not.
    I think Jordan would work well as Bronze Tiger. Plus, he can keep his facial hair.

Astonishing Member

Well it would fit perfect timing to be honest, comic book just put an article about a viral tweet of a black cosplay superman. The post have more likes and retweets than many of DC's on tweets lol.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/09/11/...l-photo-shoot/

That's why it's so mind boggling to me how DC could royally screw up Val Zod like they did. They literally had the miles morales success formula in their hand and fumbled it like the old san diego chargers. People truly underestimate the power of legacy characters the market right now is craving for a black superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Didn't hate it..

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Didn't hate it..
    It's cool, I got you, fam.

Here's why it sucks!

1. America Chavez protects more worlds and is just as powerful as Carol Danvers. She doesn't need Captain Marvel to establish "legitimacy." Bringing her into the show just to have a big sister-type is pretty weaksauce. Is she just going to be the aloof cool member of the team? What about her girlfriend? Nah, Disney won't have the stones to let a gay character be openly gay. Adventure time and Korra only slipped that in at the last moment, and Korra's was just some chaste hand-holding.

2. They made Squirrel girl into a "tons of fun" genki girl character, instead of her traditional depictation as clueless but surprisingly effective ditz. Also, why is she so big? Climbing trees and jumping off of stuff all day gets you in mad shape. You ever seen Megan Martin or Jessie Graff from American Ninja Warrior? That's the real life physicality of a big female climber. Not some riot grrrl in cargo shorts. Am I shaming fat comic characters? Nope! I'm saying Squirrel Girl has never been depicted as being overweight before, so why do it now?

3. Captain Marvel is a complete mess of a character. Not her fault, ever since Kelly Sue Deconnick moved on to bitch planet, Carol's been written into a bunch of reductionist storylines that basically make her into Marvel's quintessential no-fun mom. "Hey, stop being cool and having cool adventures, all you fun characters in series that sell better than my own! Join the airforce like I did, and have adventures in spaaaaaace!" She's an authoritarian jerk with a drinking problem that most fans have grown to hate, so I guess the hope is that her movie will redeem her image like Tony's did in 2008. But in the meanwhile, when all you have to go by is her recent comic history, she's a TERRIBLE role-model!

Remember when she gas-lighted Luke Cage into thinking Jessica committed a crime and nearly ruined their marriage? All so she could arrest a woman whom she harassed into become a criminal in the first place? Carol sucks so much.

4. The animation is really smooth but there's no shading, little color gradation, and barely any shadows. Cheap **** is cheap ****.

5. Ehhh, Miss Marvel seems about right. Quake's hair is terrible. They're using the boring Patriot. If it ain't Eli, then it ain't...something-something. Yeah, Eli is better. He's got the better history. But having him around brings up The Truth miniseries, and WWII was the greatest generation and everyone got along in the 40's and blah, blah, blah, 'merica.
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 09-12-2018 at 06:04 PM.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Ultimate Member

https://twitter.com/MimZWay/status/1038794405128364032

At the recruitment center, he was told the Navy had an Electrical Engineering program and he would be recommended for it! Since he couldn’t afford college, he thought this was the answer to his prayers. Little did he know that Negros were not allowed in the program.
    On board the ship, my father earned a reputation for being able to fix anything. Whenever a radio was broken, they brought it to my dad to repair it.

Then one day the radar to the ship went down.
    It was down for three days. No one could figure out what was wrong with it. Finally someone said, “There’s a negro on board who can fix anything. Maybe we should call him.”

When my dad came out of the space, there was no doubt who had fixed the radar. The head of the Electrical Engineering program asked my dad how come he wasn’t in the program. “I was told Negros weren’t allowed in the program sir.”
    After my mom and dad got married, they had me, and then tried to buy a house. Even though my dad was a veteran, he was told by bank after bank he couldn’t use the VA loan program, since most deeds specified negros couldn’t own property.

Although he was a skilled electrical engineer, the only job he could find at the time was as a custodian.

But this is what I want yall to read-

In the 1950’s SUNY schools & community colleges offered FREE tuition to local students. My mother-in-law, who is white, took advantage of this program and received her degree from SUNY Buffalo in Speech Therapy.

When my father graduated from high school, he was not told of the opportunity for free tuition because black students were routinely not informed of the opportunity for a free college education.
    Still goes on today. Heck most counselors are not even told about it now.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I would not have done well in the Jim Crow era. I fantasize that if I were alive back then, I'd be a mouthy, sarcastic, badass troublemaker who would have fought for his rights like a honey badger, but realistically, I probably would have kept my head down and become an alcoholic.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She got bigger when she got revamped for her solo book.
    Yeah. There's even a gag about people thinking her tail hidden in her pants looks like her ass.

Ultimate Member

Is Squirrel Girl bigger (she basically plus sized for a superheroine) in the comics too? I don't read her solo books but last time I saw her was Bendis New Avengers and she def was not lol.

I already find her incredibly irritating in the trailer.

Which patriot is that?
    She varies by artist. Erika Henderson tends to draw her among others a bit chunky at times.

Patriot is Falcon's kid-Rayshuan-who has been SCREWED over in those Marvel Rising one shots (AKAK Ms marvel/Squirrel Girl team ups).

That's why it's so mind boggling to me how DC could royally screw up Val Zod like they did. They literally had the miles morales success formula in their hand and fumbled it like the old san diego chargers. People truly underestimate the power of legacy characters the market right now is craving for a black superman.
    Look at Peter Parker's family-almost all of them had to stand on their own. Yes they were linked to him but he was never allowed to overshadow them and vice versa. An issue Green Lantern keeps having.
    DC acts like no POC can have anything or get shots. That can move the needle. It's like they are waiting for Static to come save everybody.

And in the "you REALLY" asked that question.
    From Twitter
    Name one title before 2001 that had political bashing this blatant!!
    Comic Nerd of Twitter are still feasting on his bones.

Since this entire thread has devolved into owning the dude and listening to him excuse why this or that "Doesn't count"

Imma get super obscure and point to Teen Titan's spotlight #1-2, where Starfire confronts Apartheid in South Africa.

Moore's V for Vendetta in the 1980s. Set in a dystonia fascist Britain and directly referred to as that. Judging from all the other responses here, you don't really know comic history all that well. You might want to shut up and listen for a while

Literally every single issue of Judge Dredd.

Knuckles the Echidna, a spin-off of a children’s video game character comic adaptation, had a whole story about politics and fascism in the late 90s. XD

Did someone see that scene in Black Panther where Jordan is sporting glasses as Killmonger and just think "hey, he could totally play Superman" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I could see Jordan as a younger, firebrand, John Stewart like from the Denny O'Neill days.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Patriot is Falcon's kid-Rayshuan-who has been SCREWED over in those Marvel Rising one shots (AKAK Ms marvel/Squirrel Girl team ups).
    I'm guessing you're referring to how he kept losing Ghost Spider in the shorts?
    Look at Peter Parker's family-almost all of them had to stand on their own. Yes they were linked to him but he was never allowed to overshadow them and vice versa. An issue Green Lantern keeps having.
    DC acts like no POC can have anything or get shots. That can move the needle. It's like they are waiting for Static to come save everybody.
    I mean, the Spider-Family isn't really a "Family." You even point out how most of them are standalone, and I'd say most of them aren't really that connected to Peter and vice-versa. But the problem then becomes when you have to figure out a way for them to connect or serve the story of the "main" Spider-Man.

Just look at how Miles generally gets treated whenever he's in a cartoon focused on Peter, where he's not even allowed to be called Spider-Man or gets relegated to being a sidekick.

The Insomniac game actually did a better job of integrating him into Peter's world but I'm curious to see what they'll do with him in the next game for spoiler reasons.