Page 724 of 828 FirstFirst ... 224624674714720721722723724725726727728734774824 ... LastLast
Results 10,846 to 10,860 of 12411
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

The problem, okay probably not the problem, but certainly a big one, are user review sites. The fact of the matter is people don't use them as intended. They use them angrily, politically, socially, but not correctly. Production companies, probably due to being a few steps behind on the curve, take them too seriously and overvalue their input.

Genuine art is not a collaborative experience; the creator creates and the viewer views and that should be where it ends. But when we cut past all the nonsense and the vitriol, what you're going to find is that a lot of the rage directed towards these films aside from the obvious bits like sexism and good old racism, is outrage at not being listened to. These deluded people are frustrated because the people in charge of these multi-million dollar productions aren't listening to their important opinions or watching their important YouTube channels, so they've got to pay!

Of course, the people with the actual power don't pay for anything. Disney star war haters look at Kathleen Kennedy as though she were the Antichrist and rage-tubers eat well whenever they make stupid videos claiming Kathleen Kennedy is on the way out! Kathleen Kennedy is finally being fired! Damn that Kathleen Kennedy she was caught eating babies with a knife and a fork, real babies squealing crying wiggling, babies trying to crawl to freedom but unable to escape her grasp!

But nothing happens to her because she's like a freaking billionaire even though she makes all the bad decisions but luckily John boyega is a soft target. Plus he's black too and you know those people make the public feel uncomfortable but if you ever point that out they'll scream at you for being a reverse racist so don't do it, mister!
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 09-07-2022 at 01:15 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I would assume that if studios ignored the review bombing and the YT videos and twitter rants, those things would slowly die out.

Id be curious if "user reviews" even affects peoples buying habits to be honest. This isn't the old days of a newspaper review having sway over an audience because it was the only voice. There are 50 review websites, 5million youtube reviewers, etc. I don't think it has much power these days.

It is definitely NOT fair to the actor. But... also... it is only social media negativity. Which they could 100% avoid if they wanted to and it wouldn't be hard. I have a very hard time feeling sorry for people who seek out their own negativity and that is what these actors do tbh.

It doesn't make it right at all, but its just so easily fixable with literally one button lol.
    The issue at least with some social platforms like Twitter-you can do block chains but you end up blocking fans who had nothing to do with the trolling or harassments. In some cases folks who didn't know they were blocked in the first place.
    Heather Antos got harassed for 5 hours on Twitter-even Redjack said something to the guy. The guys said "I don't know you but I heard you are H0E." She didn't even reply but he kept on.

And it's not always online. Some have gone beyond that and we have to take note in how many of these folks are having family members attacked?

I can think of a few done to folks.

CPS called on him about abusing his daughter. Calls from folks from OTHER states and he lives in another state 4 states away from her. Cops came right to his door.
    His mother had her house put up for sale by someone.
    Death threats to his girlfriend.
    Stalking of his daughters school. One in elementary.

And we have to take into consideration the political climate. How many states like Texas says you don't need a permit to open carry?
    Did we NOT have someone go to a black community and use it for target practice over nonsense someone tossed out?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The issue at least with some social platforms like Twitter-you can do block chains but you end up blocking fans who had nothing to do with the trolling or harassments. In some cases folks who didn't know they were blocked in the first place.
    Heather Antos got harassed for 5 hours on Twitter-even Redjack said something to the guy. The guys said "I don't know you but I heard you are H0E." She didn't even reply but he kept on.

And it's not always online. Some have gone beyond that and we have to take note in how many of these folks are having family members attacked?

I can think of a few done to folks.

CPS called on him about abusing his daughter. Calls from folks from OTHER states and he lives in another state 4 states away from her. Cops came right to his door.
    His mother had her house put up for sale by someone.
    Death threats to his girlfriend.
    Stalking of his daughters school. One in elementary.

And we have to take into consideration the political climate. How many states like Texas says you don't need a permit to open carry?
    Did we NOT have someone go to a black community and use it for target practice over nonsense someone tossed out?
    Agreed.

The line between social media hate and real-life danger is becoming blurred.

Some transgender people had to leave the country entirely because of Kiwifarms. Bostons Children's Hospital is getting bomb threats because of social media hate campaigns.

During the height of comicsgate and gamergate, some people were doxxed. "Stochastic terrorism" is now a very real thing.
    Last edited by Username taken; 09-07-2022 at 06:59 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Studios can and have done all manner of crappy things, but I don't buy that them hiring minority actors is done to drum up controversy. The truth is, people like this will look for any excuse to complain about women, minorities and LGBT people while insisting they aren't bigoted. We've had movies and shows that were boycotted, criticized and even sabotaged because they featured an interracial kiss. Do The Right Thing was accused of potentially causing a race riot. Blaming stuff like the backlash to Rings of Power and Finn entirely on the studios just feels like letting the bigots and harassers off the hook.
    No it's not.

It is asking the question of why is there selective outrage.

Star Wars-we had Mace Windu hold a light saber. Before him in Marvel Star Wars-we saw a BLACK guy with one getting trained by Luke.

Ghostbuster-we saw Leslie Jones mainly catch HELL. Afterlife had a black female ghostbuster.

Static had not 1, 2 but 3 LGBTQA+ writers. Blood Syndicate was written by a gay Latino man. More blacks had issues with Milestone than anyone else. Milestone had a diverse staff.

Half the writers of color or female at the Big Two catch all sorts of HECK yet they don't get that when they are at Boom and other companies.

Nobody is screaming identity politics with The Chi nor Snowfall nor Top Boy. Tom Swift, Naomi, Ms Marvel, Lords of the Rings and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No it's not.

It is asking the question of why is there selective outrage.

Star Wars-we had Mace Windu hold a light saber. Before him in Marvel Star Wars-we saw a BLACK guy with one getting trained by Luke.

Ghostbuster-we saw Leslie Jones mainly catch HELL. Afterlife had a black female ghostbuster.

Static had not 1, 2 but 3 LGBTQA+ writers. Blood Syndicate was written by a gay Latino man. More blacks had issues with Milestone than anyone else. Milestone had a diverse staff.

Half the writers of color or female at the Big Two catch all sorts of HECK yet they don't get that when they are at Boom and other companies.

Nobody is screaming identity politics with The Chi nor Snowfall nor Top Boy. Tom Swift, Naomi, Ms Marvel, Lords of the Rings and so on.
    Diversity encroaching on what is seen as something belonging to a white identity is probably part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed.

The line between social media hate and real-life danger is becoming blurred.

Some transgender people had to leave the country entirely because of Kiwifarms. Bostons Children's Hospital is getting bomb threats because of social media hate campaigns.

During the height of comicsgate and gamergate, some people were doxxed. "Stochastic terrorism" is now a very real thing.
    Those aren't celebrities.

I don't feel sorry for celebrities.

Thatn's different from some Children's Hospital.

I'm not really feeling much for people who can click "private" on IG and fix 90% of the problems. But they need their dopamine hit hearts too I guess.

I guess I only have so many "f's" to give and this aint one of them lol

speaking of social media.... so I guess live streaming mass shootings is gonna continue to be a thing huh?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

speaking of social media.... so I guess live streaming mass shootings is gonna continue to be a thing huh?
    Mans tried to see how long he could go with 5 stars.

All of these shooters are young ass dudes too, like not even old enough to buy drink.

I feel scores of people grow-up without 'things', in whole or in parts and that could go from material things to spiritual things to detraction's to basic positivity. You can be a maniac nutcase WITH 'things' but if you don't have 'things' and in place you're left with the stick (PS or XBOX) that's a sick ass recipe, that's only missing heart for disaster. I'm not video games are destroying the youth guy but when you don't have SHIT else, AND your mentals are loose and your moms ain't shit, your family ain't shit, boi... 'The game' as it goes, ain't the sole cause but these young ass dude sure play it like one, with real weapons.

The worst part, the VERY worst part is when this moves from single player to simultaneous multi-player on some across state lines shit. Some of these young folks are lost in a special way.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Evil is deluded. These idiots think their names will go down in history. I don't even remember the name of that Aussie who murdered all those people at that New Zealand mosque. I just remember being disappointed that the police spared his life.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Mans tried to see how long he could go with 5 stars.

All of these shooters are young ass dudes too, like not even old enough to buy drink.

I feel scores of people grow-up without 'things', in whole or in parts and that could go from material things to spiritual things to detraction's to basic positivity. You can be a maniac nutcase WITH 'things' but if you don't have 'things' and in place you're left with the stick (PS or XBOX) that's a sick ass recipe, that's only missing heart for disaster. I'm not video games are destroying the youth guy but when you don't have SHIT else, AND your mentals are loose and your moms ain't shit, your family ain't shit, boi... 'The game' as it goes, ain't the sole cause but these young ass dude sure play it like one, with real weapons.

The worst part, the VERY worst part is when this moves from single player to simultaneous multi-player on some across state lines shit. Some of these young folks are lost in a special way.
    You're actually on to something here. There is a book that I've been reading called "The Lonely Century" by Noorena Hertz that touches on this subject more in depth. In the book she talks about how the erosion of civic institutions, changes in the office, migration to cities, and decades of neoliberal policies have made us more atomized and lonely than ever. She traces it back to the days of Reagan and Thatcher (she's British), so this loneliness we all feel, to use internet parlance, is a feature, not a bug. Our culture is designed to keep us all apart. Social media and the pandemic only accelerated it.

How are people supposed to make friends or be in community when the average person only has 8 hours to do whatever they want? Even less if they have a family. Most people work 8hrs a day (some people also work nights and/or irregular hours) and everyone has to sleep so that's another 8.

There are cuddle services. People who pay other people to cuddle with them, that's not a euphemism either, they're just cuddling. Folks are that lonely and touch starved.

I don't really like violent, gory games very much,(mom thought OoT was a little too violent) and while I do have an active imagination, I was always able to separate fiction from reality. I also find it fascinating that video games are still kind of stuck in the same culture war they've been in since the 90s.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 09-08-2022 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Diversity encroaching on what is seen as something belonging to a white identity is probably part of it.
    I would disagree, Its more that the empty can rattles the most, but only if you shake it. Celebrities and studios are easy targets because they react and get all the neck beards on youtube fired up. No one seemed to cared about Billy Dee Williams or Sam Jackson is Star Wars or Ernie Hudson in Ghost Busters or that Eddie Murphy was the lead in Beverly Hills Cop. If there was any one that disagreed with the casting we did know becasue there was no social media for the minority to scream and shout their stupidness. Were as the actors/actress and studios didn't get into "twitter wars" with the audience.

Also as the "selective outrage" is that the Star Wars prequels were not good, the Ghost Busters remake sucked but the only reviews that the studios and cast seem to hone in on were the troll reviews that picked on diversity. Afterlife didn't get the same hate because it was actually a pretty good movie and the cast and crew did get into social media scuffles with internet ass hats. Boom, Image, Dynamite and other independent comics just produce comics and don't really engage with the internet rabble but the big two to seem to welcome conformation.

Speaking of welcoming conformation, Star Wars put out a "warning" to the fans about being mean to Moses Ingram before Obi-Wan Kenobi was even out. That just opened the door for the youtube mouth breathers to jump on a mega phone. And when people didn't like the Reva character Star Wars pointed the finger at the Youtube morons as the reason. I wasn't a fan of Reva mainly because it was a bait and switch with the show being more about Reva than Obi-Wan. The same thing happened to Boba Fett and for it to happen twice in a row didn't make many fans happy.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    I would disagree, Its more that the empty can rattles the most, but only if you shake it. Celebrities and studios are easy targets because they react and get all the neck beards on youtube fired up. No one seemed to cared about Billy Dee Williams or Sam Jackson is Star Wars or Ernie Hudson in Ghost Busters or that Eddie Murphy was the lead in Beverly Hills Cop. If there was any one that disagreed with the casting we did know becasue there was no social media for the minority to scream and shout their stupidness. Were as the actors/actress and studios didn't get into "twitter wars" with the audience.

Also as the "selective outrage" is that the Star Wars prequels were not good, the Ghost Busters remake sucked but the only reviews that the studios and cast seem to hone in on were the troll reviews that picked on diversity. Afterlife didn't get the same hate because it was actually a pretty good movie and the cast and crew did get into social media scuffles with internet ass hats. Boom, Image, Dynamite and other independent comics just produce comics and don't really engage with the internet rabble but the big two to seem to welcome conformation.

Speaking of welcoming conformation, Star Wars put out a "warning" to the fans about being mean to Moses Ingram before Obi-Wan Kenobi was even out. That just opened the door for the youtube mouth breathers to jump on a mega phone. And when people didn't like the Reva character Star Wars pointed the finger at the Youtube morons as the reason. I wasn't a fan of Reva mainly because it was a bait and switch with the show being more about Reva than Obi-Wan. The same thing happened to Boba Fett and for it to happen twice in a row didn't make many fans happy.
    Ghostbusters was terrible. Star Wars episodes VII-IX were, in my view, lackluster. But the problem isn't diversity/ inclusion, it's that the content was poor. Haven't watched Obi-Wan Kenobi and I don't intend do, at least it's not a priority.

I actually enjoyed the 2016 Ghostbusters. I think Paul Feig did a good job directing and I enjoyed all the cameos. I also liked how Leslie Jones' character was more than just a fourth body as Ernie Hudson was, and instead actually provided information as a student of the history of New York City.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Ultimate Member

Those aren't celebrities.

I don't feel sorry for celebrities.

Thatn's different from some Children's Hospital.

I'm not really feeling much for people who can click "private" on IG and fix 90% of the problems. But they need their dopamine hit hearts too I guess.

I guess I only have so many "f's" to give and this aint one of them lol

I guess that's one way to handle the trolls.

But then again, the celebs turning their accounts private or leaving social media entirely means the trolls have won.

Ultimately these guys' goals are to abuse and silence these guys. Broadly speaking, I agree that celebs shouldn't engage the trolls.

Live streaming of shootings will continue to be a thing as long as the media "over-cover" these idiots. IMO, these guys should be totally blacked out so that we don't get copycats nor inspire some assholes online.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Not paying “dues” is a criticism often directed minorities and women that attain success in certain fields.

I’ve read Pearson is bipolar but his choice of words here is very telling.
    All these years I thought John Pearson was Black. Either way I don't get some of these older comic artists. You rarely hear them come out against page rates in the industry or complain about the many mediocre artists (Greg Land) out there but the minute it's a Black woman then all of a sudden the complaining about meritocracy and vetting begins. It's sad because I liked Body Bags but I guess that's how he really feels...

Also Bleeding Comics or whatever comes off like an instigator.

I guess that's one way to handle the trolls.

But then again, the celebs turning their accounts private or leaving social media entirely means the trolls have won.

Ultimately these guys' goals are to abuse and silence these guys. Broadly speaking, I agree that celebs shouldn't engage the trolls.

Live streaming of shootings will continue to be a thing as long as the media "over-cover" these idiots. IMO, these guys should be totally blacked out so that we don't get copycats nor inspire some assholes online.
    Sadly live streaming of shootings will keep going because despite all the warning signs a lot of these guys give their accounts are never shut down. And there is a platform for millions of people to see these asshats play out their Call or Duty/Grand Theft Auto fantasies in real time. And the sick thing is how many people actively try and find the videos of this crap after they are taken down. Its like those crime scene and gore Subs on Reddit. People are actively looking for footage and photos of people being murdered or injuried badly in some accident. To me that is almost as sick as the person committing the crime.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.