Page 313 of 824 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363413813 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 12354
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Ppl be on some John Legend **** for real...smdh...
    I was just thinking about that chump, John Legend, while reading the last few pages.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Elvis was exposed as a junkie shut-in the instant he died.

For all the calls for an post-mortem expose of Elvis that had already happened but he was branded a fat junkie as opposed to being a pedo.

Everybody knew about Jerry Lee's child bride in the 60's and if effectively destroyed his career at the time.

And the elephant in the room here is regarding the social mores of the time if a grown ass man in 1980 expressed a desire to bend over not quite yet legals/barely legal girls
    like Brooke Shields back then nobody cared.

It took some real doing to get labeled a pedo in those days since 16 was considered borderline in many places and anything younger could have been characterized as an "honest mistake"
    regarding either age or legal jurisdiction in that environment.

If you kept it to females.

That isn't the case with Michael Jackson.

A big factor on why Elvis was beloved even as he became addicted to prescription drugs and died over weight was ...how he carried himself.

There have been many stories of Elvis Presley giving people whatever they wanted. A fact that back in 1990's while in Dollywood we went to a small Elvis Museum there. The man detailed that almost everything there had been bought back from fans by Presley estate, That just out of pure kindness Elvis would hand people diamond rings , chains , etc . He would give them vehicles. Because he didn't seem to mind doing that. A lot was bought back.

In one special I saw about food he loved in 2000's aired. The black lady detailed that Presley hired her in 1960's and said she reminded him of his mom on how she cooked. That one day someone in his group of security insulted her and Elvis stood up to him and told him to never , ever say anything to her again. Or he'd have to deal with him. He bought that lady a house a couple blocks close to Graceland.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl...388-story.html

But there was stories like this that transformed Elvis from the guy who had an issue for teenage girls and who became dependent on drugs. His larger than life persona and how he treated people was what made him have people do this during a funeral ride. When a young woman tried to touch the limo carrying his body you know you had a big effect on people.

"What good is fame and fortune if you can't share it with your friends." - Elvis to his friend.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I was just thinking about that chump, John Legend, while reading the last few pages.
    For real Bro there's no shortage of em...

They make MJ docs because he is still relevant to people who are still alive aka people who will actually watch the documentary/film/whatever.

No one under 50? gives a **** about Elvis or David Bowie or *insert long dead celebrity*. I can't remember the last time going somewhere where someone brought up Elvis Presley. So no one is going to watch the film/doc/whatever.

IDK why everyone is over thinking it. If no one cared, no one would watch the shows and they wouldn't make them. It is simple money math, not some grand racist conspiracy. MJ was HUGE, a big ol weirdo at best and a pedo at worst... and still current. Thta last thing is most important.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Freddie Mercury, Elton John and David Bowie were more or less contemporaries. There was a market for Bohemian Rhapsody and a market for Rocket Man, so there is a market for a David Bowie film.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Freddie Mercury, Elton John and David Bowie were more or less contemporaries. There was a market for Bohemian Rhapsody and a market for Rocket Man, so there is a market for a David Bowie film.
    There was a Ray Charles film and Johnny Cash film that showed not so good moments of their lives. There is always a market for these films etc. Cash himself helped work on the script of what "Walk the Line" would become. So here was Johnny Cash basically allowing them to show his bad things he had done but he was ok . He passed before he saw the film along with his wife.

But there is always a market for this. People do "give a ****" to see these tell all films under 50 as the box office tells us. Almost all these films have done pretty good at box office. Not everyone over 50 powers these films to what they have done. People from all ages want to see the travels and issues these famous people had.

And were likely to see more. There will be more films as time passes. Were gonna see films based on famous singers. Bowie getting a film makes sense , so would others. And yep , people under 50 will likely give a **** and go watch.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Ppl be on some John Legend **** for real...smdh...
    I'm a little lost. What did John Legend do?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    He got voted sexiest man alive...and a lot of other things...

"George Zimmerman sues Trayvon Martin's family for $100 million in damages
    The lawyer for the former neighborhood watchman alleges that a key witness was an 'imposter.'"

Source.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    He called R Kelly a child rapist. Then it came out that he participated in an Elvis tribute (Elvis met his wife when she was a teenager).

edited post.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    "George Zimmerman sues Trayvon Martin's family for $100 million in damages
    The lawyer for the former neighborhood watchman alleges that a key witness was an 'imposter.'"

Source.
    Seeing that a jury found him not guilty-that witness didn't matter.

What damage has Martin's family done that he has not done to himself? Funny Dan Wilson and others can find work but not him. Maybe that is due to those folks understanding getting out of the public's eye and moving on. Instead of making headlines for nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Seeing that a jury found him not guilty-that witness didn't matter.

What damage has Martin's family done that he has not done to himself? Funny Dan Wilson and others can find work but not him. Maybe that is due to those folks understanding getting out of the public's eye and moving on. Instead of making headlines for nonsense.
    "Coral Gables Art Cinema has canceled a Thursday afternoon screening of a new film documentary from George Zimmerman’s perspective on the shooting death of Trayvon Martin."

I'm guessing the two were supposed to coincide (lawsuit + private screening of his documentary), only, if the theater is to be believed, the theater didn't know that was Zimmerman's plan.

Hopefully Zimmerman's suit is dismissed and this opens Martin's family to file a wrongful death suit case and emotional distress his actions now have caused. Be awesome of it happens.

Between Naomi Harris, Lashana Lynch, Jeffrey Wright, Ana de Armas and Rami Malek, I think No Time To Die is the most diverse a Bond cast has been since Live And Let Die.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-05-2019 at 10:32 AM.