Page 320 of 827 FirstFirst ... 220270310316317318319320321322323324330370420820 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 12392
    Extraordinary Member

This is about the only thing I can defend J.J. Abrams on.

Finn being Force Sensitive is his plotline and had he done TLJ, it would probably have been explored there.

On the other hand it would have been a worse movie full of blatant Empire Strikes Back callbacks.

He would have had both Rey and Finn doing their Jedi training in Dagobah because he can't help himself.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 12-30-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Did anybody else think that the only reason Jannah and Zora Bliss (otherwise known as Booba Fett) are in this movie was so they could kill any speculation on Finn and Poe possibly being gay?
    I don't see how Jannah would kill that speculation. She and Finn don't have a romance in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I loved The Last Jedi, the democratization of the Force is much more interesting than a having the Palpatine/Skywalker oligarchy. It wasn't a perfect movie but it actually set up the series to swerve in a vastly different direction. RoS was just fanservice and felt really, really hollow.
    I appreciated what Johnson was attempting I just don't think he pulled it off very well. Having said that the Rey/Luke/Kylo storyline is the best part of that movie. Johnson clearly wasn't interested in Finn.

As for democratization of the force...isn't it already democratized? Obi-Wan is one of the most popular characters in the SW mythos. As is Yoda. We met a few other Jedi in the shitty prequels, the most prominent being Qui-Gon & Mace. My point being is we already know there are plenty other force users who aren't related to the Skywalkers, but for better or worse (usually worse IMO, execution wise) this 9 part story focuses on them. I'm with you on Palpatine, though. spoilers:
    His return sucked and I wish they hadn't brought him back or made Rey related to him.
    end of spoilers
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Astonishing Member

Finn being Force Sensitive is his plotline and had he done TLJ, it would probably have been explored there.

On the other hand it would have been a worse movie full of blatant Empire Strikes Back callbacks.

He would have had both Rey and Finn doing their Jedi training in Dagobah because he can't help himself.

I'd take that over Finn getting captured, beat down, captured, run away, captured, losing against Captain Phasma, and then nearly self destructing in a heartbeat. The Last Jedi almost made me not watch this film. The only reason why I even gave it a shot was because JJ Abrams came back and he had at least a decent portrayal of Finn in TFJ. Versus the Jar Jar Finn that we got in TLJ.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    I don't see how Jannah would kill that speculation. She and Finn don't have a romance in the film.

I appreciated what Johnson was attempting I just don't think he pulled it off very well. Having said that the Rey/Luke/Kylo storyline is the best part of that movie. Johnson clearly wasn't interested in Finn.

As for democratization of the force...isn't it already democratized? Obi-Wan is one of the most popular characters in the SW mythos. As is Yoda. We met a few other Jedi in the shitty prequels, the most prominent being Qui-Gon & Mace. My point being is we already know there are plenty other force users who aren't related to the Skywalkers, but for better or worse (usually worse IMO, execution wise) this 9 part story focuses on them. I'm with you on Palpatine, though. spoilers:
    His return sucked and I wish they hadn't brought him back or made Rey related to him.
    end of spoilers
    Not really. The whole midichlorian thing really ####ed all that up. By making the force potential based on that they have essentially tied for ability to an aristocracy/oligarchy. And having the Skywalkers (who might have been a creation of Darth Plagious/Sidious) mean they are literal ubermensch.

By having Rey be born from "filthy junk traders" and showing that boy at the end we have the idea that midichlorians have either adapted to find new... hosts, I guess, or the force no longer relies on blood to determine worthiness.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    I'd take that over Finn getting captured, beat down, captured, run away, captured, losing against Captain Phasma, and then nearly self destructing in a heartbeat. The Last Jedi almost made me not watch this film. The only reason why I even gave it a shot was because JJ Abrams came back and he had at least a decent portrayal of Finn in TFJ. Versus the Jar Jar Finn that we got in TLJ.
    What? Finn was a joke in RoS.

He literally just ran around screaming "REEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY!" at least he had his own arc in TLJ.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Anyone play Borderlands 3? I've got Moze's Iron Bear cooldown down to 15 seconds. I spend more time in the mech than out of it. SO MANY HEADSPLOSIONS.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Ultimate Member

Well it looks like the usual set of trolls are now going after Jurnee Smollett Bell on Twitter. Calling for a boycott of the Birds of Prey film.

Since her brother's antics and the "fact" the movie does not respect source material.

As I asked in the DC Movie thread-what is the source material?

Birds of Prey had 9 different writers and 31 trades on the shelf and a tv show.

So what version are they screaming for?

Not really. The whole midichlorian thing really ####ed all that up. By making the force potential based on that they have essentially tied for ability to an aristocracy/oligarchy. And having the Skywalkers (who might have been a creation of Darth Plagious/Sidious) mean they are literal ubermensch.

By having Rey be born from "filthy junk traders" and showing that boy at the end we have the idea that midichlorians have either adapted to find new... hosts, I guess, or the force no longer relies on blood to determine worthiness.
    My SW knowledge is by no means all encompassing...have midichlorians been mentioned since the prequels? Seems they are avoiding that nonsense on some "don't ask, don't tell" type thing since they won't outright retcon it. Didn't see all of Rebels but that had Ezra & whatshisname. Mandalorian has "baby yoda". Those characters aren't Skywalker related. Plus we all know there will be more force users in future shows and/or movies as well.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I remember that they discovered a way to measure who had force sensitivity way back in 1994, years before PM. It was in a book called 'Jedi Search', and they'd already established that not everyone was capable of using the force.

It was a terrible book. The expanded universe was trash.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

What? Finn was a joke in RoS.

He literally just ran around screaming "REEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY!" at least he had his own arc in TLJ.
    Only time Finn was cool was in the trailer when he lit the Saber and gave (black) people hope we were getting a cool ass jedi character. Oh and the book that made him an elite stormtrooper.

He's been a joke from the beginning in every movie. Dude took an L from a Stormtrooper for god's sake.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Oh he definitely was.

They had the same type of hints in TFA. People were theorizing he was force sensitive when he noticed the planets blowing up or when he was able to get a hit on Kylo.

TLJ completely changed the path the movies were taking. For better or worse depending on the fan I guess.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Even with the dumb midiclorians, the force still showed up randomly, in ‘filthy junk traders’ and so one. Most of the Jedi didn’t come from ‘Jedi families’ (in fact with the dumb prequels Jedi can’t get married and have kids rule, that was nearly impossible, lol)

I think there is some misunderstanding of TLJ's message. It wasn't saying Force users always came from powerful families until now. What it was doing subverting the idea that a hero has to come from some important family, Force user or no. Yes there were Jedi who came from no one special before. But how many of them were protagonists in the movies?

Astonishing Member

Well, Obi wan, and technically Anakin, because he wasn’t from a powerful family.

Honestly, I think RoS should have been 2 movies instead of 1. There was simply not enough time and space for all the ideas they had planned