Page 821 of 821 FirstFirst ... 321721771811817818819820821
Results 12,301 to 12,315 of 12315
    Ultimate Member

I really did wonder where the "BlAcK pEOpLe aRe MOvInG TrUMp" polls were coming from.

Actual polls of actual black people doesn't show anything like that and yet the mainstream media doesn't even properly interrogate the nonsense.

They keep querying why "black men aren't voting blue" whereas they're still the largest bloc of male voters that vote blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I really did wonder where the "BlAcK pEOpLe aRe MOvInG TrUMp" polls were coming from.

Actual polls of actual black people doesn't show anything like that and yet the mainstream media doesn't even properly interrogate the nonsense.

They keep querying why "black men aren't voting blue" whereas they're still the largest bloc of male voters that vote blue.
    I swear, the media would blame black men for killing the dinosaurs if they could get away with it. I don't know if this is the Pew data she's talking about, but if it is, the democrats, and the media at large, really need to stop pointing fingers at black men and start looking at white women. More of them voted for Trump in 2020 than they did in 2016.

Does it ever occur to these think tank types to just...talk to black men about why they might not want to vote for Biden instead of just assuming we secretly covet white male patriarchy?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    You are taking the worst of nerd culture stuff from the comic world but increasing the amount of people by 100x due to the popularity of gaming.

Bunch of people spent their formative years screaming the N word over game chats or harrassing woman over game chats and surprise, none of them grew up at all.

These people have been festering their own private groups of hate long before social media made it easy.

These are experienced hateful losers.
    Exactly this. Some of these guys are regurgitating 10 year old discredited arguments against people like Zoe Quinn and even Anita Sarkeesian .

It's so grating because right now games are so expensive, the companies are still price gouging people (especially younger games), all manner of ridiculous broken games get released and they back it up with stupid statements.

These guys response to all this is "there are black people, women and gay people in my games". It's so annoying because this is a pretty interesting time with just how terrible the gaming companies are ripping people off. Not to mention this ridiculous gatekeeping is absurd because everyone plays games regardless of race, sexuality, or gender.

Some of the stuff this guy said was really deep.

I said before and I say it again, a lot of "rich" black folk are moving funny.
    @14:29 This is the first time I've heard of Jay-Z pushing bitcoin.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    @14:29 This is the first time I've heard of Jay-Z pushing bitcoin.
    Jay-Z and Jack Dorsey set up the Bitcoin training academy for lower income people some years ago.

I think they acquired some shares in an African Bitcoin training firm or something (I can't remember the details).

The question for me at least is if lower income folks are even in engaged in bitcoin trading and if they need training in that. It doesn't sound like something that will really benefit those communities.
    Last edited by Username taken; 03-09-2024 at 08:21 AM.

The question for me at least is if lower income folks are even in engaged in bitcoin trading and if they need training in that. It doesn't sound like something that will really benefit those communities.
    Of course it doesn't. It benefits people already invested in bitcoin, though, and that's the entire idea.

I just noticed the new X-men Teams are mostly white people and blue (White) people. It seems after Krakoa, all the POC are back in the shadows again. At least Psylocke got a much better costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Iatet View Post
    I just noticed the new X-men Teams are mostly white people and blue (White) people. It seems after Krakoa, all the POC are back in the shadows again. At least Psylocke got a much better costume.
    Yeah, for a team and fanbase that prides itself on being inclusive, for the most part it's not. There are other books being announced though, Synch and Ms. Marvel are probably going to be in NYX. They put far too much work into ingratiating her into the X-Universe to not have her be in an X-Book.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Yeah, for a team and fanbase that prides itself on being inclusive, for the most part it's not. There are other books being announced though, Synch and Ms. Marvel are probably going to be in NYX. They put far too much work into ingratiating her into the X-Universe to not have her be in an X-Book.
    As many folks who complained about him taking page time from Gambit's wife and the whole Talon thing-it was expected for him to be MIA.

All we heard is "we need to go back and Chris Claremont needs to lead the way" from certain fans.

It's funny the most diverse X-Team doesn't get one adventure together.

Meanwhile you will folks yell Storm got a book and look at Dr Eve Ewing.

What is Storm going to be doing since it appears she is not in charge of Mars anymore. Throw Shade at T'Challa again?

Now if Dr Ewing was going an Avengers book-you would be hearing about how all her other books failed or affirmative action hire. Yet SILENCE from the usual suspects.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iatet View Post
    That's the X-franchise for you.

At least they have an actual WoC writing one of the books now.

Broadly speaking, independent books are doing a much better of representation compared to the big 2.

Ultimate Member

That's the X-franchise for you.

At least they have an actual WoC writing one of the books now.

Broadly speaking, independent books are doing a much better of representation compared to the big 2.

And when that question was bought up about Synch- someone said nothing was wrong with Synch not being around. Other characters need time to shine.

Other than Jean & Professor X them being killed off for times.-what other characters from that franchise been taken out of the main scene and put on the shelf or background duty?

And folks be told to get over it?

For 3 years all we saw was complaints about Synch taking page time from folks who NEVER lost page time. Yet it seems like he got to go in the back and those fans have to accept it.

Extraordinary Member

I hope for the best while preparing for the worst when it comes to the X-Men.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 03-16-2024 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And when that question was bought up about Synch- someone said nothing was wrong with Synch not being around. Other characters need time to shine.
    ...Synch had time to shine? When was this? Seriously I'll go to my local comic shop and say "Hey give me these issues, its when Synch shined!"