Page 696 of 828 FirstFirst ... 196596646686692693694695696697698699700706746796 ... LastLast
Results 10,426 to 10,440 of 12408

So Death Battle will have Hercules and Sun Wukong. Not adaptations, the actual myth characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SgH...DEATHBATTLE%21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-va...DEATHBATTLE%21

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So Death Battle will have Hercules and Sun Wukong. Not adaptations, the actual myth characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SgH...DEATHBATTLE%21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-va...DEATHBATTLE%21
    That's an interesting one.

Sun Wukong is strong but Hercules held up the universe or something in mythology?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Sun Wukong is strong but Hercules held up the universe or something in mythology?
    As one of Herc's 12 labors, temporarily replacing Atlas.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Yeah he held up the heavens.

Admittedly, Sun Wukong has a number of crazy abilities at his disposal.

I'm looking forward to the episode. I wonder if they'll do any other mythology battles.

Ultimate Member

Yeah he held up the heavens.

Admittedly, Sun Wukong has a number of crazy abilities at his disposal.

I'm looking forward to the episode. I wonder if they'll do any other mythology battles.
    It's going to be very interesting.

If they do other mythology battles, they should do some of the Egyptian gods.

The storylines in Egyptian mythology are very intriguing.

A fantastic documentary I'm just getting around to. There is a phrase called 'recreational sadness' Bomani Jones uses, that pertains to what some historic based depictions of historic Black experience can point to, made for film and television. There are some brutal depictions, especially the physical shackles made for children, among other things, but it largley let's the history speak for itself.

Maddening that there are large scale, full blown plans to try and mitigate what actually happened and its effects in this country, from the middle passage right through the civil rights struggles and on. Another version of Robinson's lecture is here but the Netflix presentation is fantastic. He breaks so much of the narrative down in parts and numbers and quotes, to achieve a larger picture of what most of us realize already and new stuff too.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    A fantastic documentary I'm just getting around to. There is a phrase called 'recreational sadness' Bomani Jones uses, that pertains to what some historic based depictions of historic Black experience can point to, made for film and television. There are some brutal depictions, especially the physical shackles made for children, among other things, but it largley let's the history speak for itself.

Maddening that there are large scale, full blown plans to try and mitigate what actually happened and its effects in this country, from the middle passage right through the civil rights struggles and on. Another version of Robinson's lecture is here but the Netflix presentation is fantastic. He breaks so much of the narrative down in parts and numbers and quotes, to achieve a larger picture of what most of us realize already and new stuff too.

Damn, that's...heavy.

Even in Canada, the Toronto police force just recently (days ago) apologized to the Black and Indigenous communities for disproportionately targeting them. The US might have been founded on racism and is still struggling with racism (see the anti-CRT, anti-woke sentiment that's become so pervasive) but it's something a lot of western societies are struggling with. I mean, see the whole "deportation to Rwanda" thing in the UK? Or the "Windrush scandal" that the conservative government there masterminded. It's been a complete and utter shitshow of a disaster (you know it's bad when the Church of England condemns government policy, heck, even Prince Charles frowned upon it). There's been this surge in racism since the Obama Presidency and the influx of immigrants from wars that the Western countries caused.

Racism is a problem that a lot of white people really need to sort out in their personal time and lives. A lot of issues that minorities have screamed about for decades now are now being confirmed as true (see the residential homes scandals in Canada for example) and it seems that a lot of white people don't know how to handle this information.

Ultimate Member

Sounded like they wanted to lynch this woman. They literally said they were going to hunt this educator because of anti-CRT nonsense.

Like this looks like something out of the past.

Anyhow, the modern GOP had done everything within its power to bring back overt racism back via this anti-CRT nonsense. And its only going to get worse because the people that minorities voted for haven't really stood by them and spoken forcefully against all this nonsense.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This isnt surprising at all.

People don't feel the need to hide their racism at all these days.

EDIT: I didn’t even read the comic narration, good lord, that was bad. Who wrote that???
    Last edited by Username taken; 06-18-2022 at 06:15 AM.

*looks at the link of Miles-Thor*

Oh dear god.

“By Odin’s fade.”

Again…wow.

I don't know if I'm more offended by the tweet or the embarrassing narration.

Invincible Member

I don't know if I'm more offended by the tweet or the embarrassing narration.
    Yeah, I'm probably more offended that the "hip-hop" elements are like 30 years out of date! Also, the writer and artist are of Latino decent so you'd think they'd know better.

However thinking about it, there's any number of public minorities who will willfully present problematic material thinking they're doing a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Yeah, I'm probably more offended that the "hip-hop" elements are like 30 years out of date! Also, the writer and artist are of Latino decent so you'd think they'd know better.

However thinking about it, there's any number of public minorities who will willfully present problematic material thinking they're doing a good thing.
    Bruh, the BP comic world has been saddled with "you'd think they'd know better" for 7 years now.

All skin folk ain't kinfolk
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html