Page 411 of 827 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421461511 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 12395

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Does that same logic apply to Superman?

After all he is also an alien so why not have an Asian or Michael B Jordan play Kal-el/Clark Kent the original primary Superman....not the spin off alternate reality types?
    We did have an actor of Japanese descent play Superman in the 90s.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    https://www.ozy.com/the-new-and-the-...SZ0y-c.twitter

Team Supreme, an animated show about special needs kids with superpowers
    This is awesome..hopefully a big studios sponsors it.

I'm other news, Static Shock movie is moving forward REALLY FAST ....

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...hock-exclusive

Niffleheim

Does that same logic apply to Superman?
    Isn't he an alien?

After all he is also an alien so why not have an Asian or Michael B Jordan play Kal-el/Clark Kent the original primary Superman....not the spin off alternate reality types?
    If WB/DC thinks that is the best direction for the character and the movie to be a success then Yes to me personally i feel at the end of the day it has nothing to do with race but everything to do with using racebending as a marketing tool to rejuvenate a character or an outdated IP or tick check boxes for an audience demography to make sure a movie represents everyone in the order of importance to the company
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-17-2020 at 10:30 AM.

Cruel Cops Stop Working With Domestic Violence Shelter Just for Posting a Black Lives Matter Sign

Across the country, law enforcement agencies are forcing domestic violence organizations to choose between them and the Black Lives Matter movement. Organizations in Nebraska and Idaho have also faced backlash from their local law enforcement agencies, after signing a letter that HuffPost describes as “decrying the consequences of centering police and prisons as the solution to violence and calling for greater investment in community resources.”

While officers are still bound by their positions to answer calls related to domestic violence, those who have cut ties with domestic violence agencies are no longer required to alert victims to available services. In the case of Embrace, the organization is concerned that the lack of collaboration with police puts their current support system for victims out of reach for those who need it. Without police officers referring victims to Embrace they may be unaware of the organization’s existing shelter or hotel voucher system that temporarily houses victims who feel unsafe or are unable to return to their homes.
    https://jezebel.com/cruel-cops-stop-...ter-1845396242

I may have missed this in another thread or even this one. But is there any work on who is playing Ms Marvel? She is such a great character. I really became a fan after reading her 2014 series.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Let's go back to elementary and compare things that are alike boys and girls. How are these 2 situations alike?

a) They're both Marvel superheroes. That's an easy one goooood.

b) Sunspot and Chavez are both dark/brown Hispanics and we all know Hispanic is not a race right? Riiiigghhht???? Yeah there are black Hispanics,White Hispanics and everything in-between. Because Hispanic is an ethnic group. Gooood..

c) The actors playing both characters are both considerably lighter than their comic-book counterparts. Good.

Now if ya'll still can't see the similarities in this situation. I can't help ya'll. And no she's not light in the comics she's featured in I have those comics. Seriously smdh.....
    Nope definitely not the same situation as Sunspot or Cecilia Reyes. The movies cast White Latinos as established Afro Latino characters. Here they’re casting a Mestizo/Native/Brown Latino as a Brown Latina. Don’t get the complaints, beyond the age of course

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Nope definitely not the same situation as Sunspot or Cecilia Reyes. The movies cast White Latinos as established Afro Latino characters. Here they’re casting a Mestizo/Native/Brown Latino as a Brown Latina. Don’t get the complaints, beyond the age of course
    This is my last post on this cause at this point I know I'm being trolled.

You guys are saying this is a light skinned latina

This actress isn't light skinned she's "brown". There's no colorism issue here they're both the same skin tone. Aight. I'm out this **** is toxic.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 10-17-2020 at 03:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    https://www.ozy.com/the-new-and-the-...SZ0y-c.twitter

Team Supreme, an animated show about special needs kids with superpowers
    Another cool animated project! I'm always for new cartoon series like these.

My wonder is when and where this will get picked up? Because this needs to be an entire thing.

I don't think it was confirmed that she's playing America Chavez, people just assumed that. She could be White Tiger for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    This is my last post on this cause at this point I know I'm being trolled.

You guys are saying this is a light skinned latina

This actress isn't light skinned she's "brown". There's no colorism issue here they're both the same skin tone. Aight. I'm out this **** is toxic.
    Lol for what it's worth, I see what you mean, and I agree with you. You never said it's exactly the same, just similar. I think you and G. Boney are really even basically saying the same thing, that it would be a colorism thing in the case of a darker-skinned America Chavez being cast with a lighter-skinned actor.

I don't know, I suppose the disagreement maybe comes down to changing a character's race from white to black being seen as completely different from casting someone lighter skinned, but of the same race. I'd agree that's a much huger deal too, though.

The two issues are related. Likely when you think it's a non-issue to cast lighter-skinned, bi-racial actresses as dark skinned black characters ... probably related to why you'd think it's okay to change a dark skinned, bi-racial Hispanic character ... well, to a white one. Though that's just it, casting a white actor as Roberto followed years of his being made lighter and lighter in the comics. Which I guess gets to your point, that the colorism bit is a problem, and it's all related.

I don't know, assuming that's something like your point!
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I don't think it was confirmed that she's playing America Chavez, people just assumed that. She could be White Tiger for all we know.
    Point. I admittedly don't really know what America Chavez has to do with Dr. Strange at all, in the comics?
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Ultimate Member

I need some help here....

A character from 2011-2020 they have had 3 solo series.

One run last 50 issues.

Another last 12 with a planned end.

A 3 issue mini.

A current series slated to naturally end at issue 12.

Along with a series where someone on the creative team stated this was HIS book not a team book. 50 issues.

Along with a slot on a company's premiere team for about 4-5 years.

His fans are complaining that he is being marginalized because of one movie.

How is that being marginalized?

I find it funny this is coming out AFTER someone got hired last month.

Astonishing Member

Another Melina Pendulum video. This was is a long one: just over the 50 minute mark. It's well worth the time and arguably one of her best videos to date, if not the best thus far.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Lol for what it's worth, I see what you mean, and I agree with you. You never said it's exactly the same, just similar. I think you and G. Boney are really even basically saying the same thing, that it would be a colorism thing in the case of a darker-skinned America Chavez being cast with a lighter-skinned actor.

I don't know, I suppose the disagreement maybe comes down to changing a character's race from white to black being seen as completely different from casting someone lighter skinned, but of the same race. I'd agree that's a much huger deal too, though.

The two issues are related. Likely when you think it's a non-issue to cast lighter-skinned, bi-racial actresses as dark skinned black characters ... probably related to why you'd think it's okay to change a dark skinned, bi-racial Hispanic character ... well, to a white one. Though that's just it, casting a white actor as Roberto followed years of his being made lighter and lighter in the comics. Which I guess gets to your point, that the colorism bit is a problem, and it's all related.

I don't know, assuming that's something like your point!
    You get it. I appreciate your sanity. Thanks.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 10-18-2020 at 05:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Point. I admittedly don't really know what America Chavez has to do with Dr. Strange at all, in the comics?
    She's a dimension hopper so could fit in with the multiverse thing.