Page 681 of 827 FirstFirst ... 181581631671677678679680681682683684685691731781 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,215 of 12396
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I do not like the new in-house animation style they've been using for these DC Animated movies lately. It feels cheap compared to what they had before. The coloring looks like it was recycled from Batman: the brave and the bold.

In some pleasant news, Deven Mack will be voicing Sonic in Netflix's Sonic Prime. He will be the first black actor to voice Sonic since Jaleel White in the 90s.

Don’t Fear a Red Planet: The Story of the World’s Only Native Comic Shop

https://www.thenation.com/article/cu...*************/

G'mornin. Wow, Kevin Samuels reportedly dead at 56?
    My cup of tea, not really. Was dude extra? Mans was extra, extra. Did he exploit symptoms without always addressing causation? I think so.
    I was with him when he was right (meaning the 3 times I sat through his yarn on anothers channel). Came off the top rope a bit too often for my taste but If the reports are true RIP.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    My cup of tea, not really. Was dude extra? Mans was extra, extra. Did he exploit symptoms without always addressing causation? I think so.
    I was with him when he was right (meaning the 3 times I sat through his yarn on anothers channel). Came off the top rope a bit too often for my taste but If the reports are true RIP.
    I wasn't a fan of his and was legitimately shocked to hear he was dead.

His stuff leaned too much into "men's rights" nonsense for me.

He looked pretty fit though. I heard he died of cardiac arrest or something.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I never heard of him but folks celebrating like slavery ended on Twitter.

Nobody took issue with him when he called out black men. Yet when he called out the other side suddenly there was an issue.

One can talk about the symptoms all they like but trying to discuss the causes-will fall on deaf ears. Because certain folks were offended by him addressing the symptoms.

Example

The lack of black male teachers. Folks will toss out racism so quick.

No conversation about
    black males NOT being directed to that field
    black males NOT willing to put up with the toxic environment of certain schools
    black males NOT being encouraged into the profession.

Can't talk racism if you don't have a large pool that can't get in the door.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Just binged the last four episodes of Young Justice. I'm glad I'm a deep cut comics fan who can understand authorial intent, because if I were a casual viewer I'd be shook by all the black kryptonians being violent criminals singing negro spiritual hymnals to Zod.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Just binged the last four episodes of Young Justice. I'm glad I'm a deep cut comics fan who can understand authorial intent, because if I were a casual viewer I'd be shook by all the black kryptonians being violent criminals singing negro spiritual hymnals to Zod.
    Very tru lol

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Yeah, they've been going all in lately. Queer fish people, non-binary muslims, Beast boy's trauma, kids with autism. I'm just glad they didn't reduce Orion into being a drooling, snarling beast.

Oh, in other news, our new doctor has been announced.

Chibnall screwed up so bad the BBC got rid of him and Jodie, they brought RTD back and I thought, "It would be funny if the new doctor was black." Sure enough he is. I hope this goes over well for both of them.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 05-08-2022 at 04:02 PM.

https://komonews.com/news/nation-wor...ndation-blmgnf

BLM co-founder admits she held parties at mansion bought with donor funds
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

https://www.gamesradar.com/star-wars...ere-shot-down/

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order devs wanted a Black/female protagonist, but were shot down
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    In some pleasant news, Deven Mack will be voicing Sonic in Netflix's Sonic Prime. He will be the first black actor to voice Sonic since Jaleel White in the 90s.
    He sounds great so far. Reminds me of when I was a kid and I would envision Sonic as Black if he was a human. Saw a few pieces of fan art that did that.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Shameful but not surprising. Whatever your platform whether you're a Youtuber or an 'activist" use it to promote constructive activity.

BLM the organization and its 'leaders' (opportunists) have a lot to answer for.

Ultimate Member

https://us.yahoo.com/news/u-gun-deat...233926101.html

The rate of U.S. gun deaths surged 35% in 2020 to the highest point since 1994, with especially deadly levels for young Black men, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in a report published on Tuesday.

African Americans as a whole were at least four times more likely to be killed by a gun than the overall population, and 12 times more likely than a white person, the data showed.

Increased gun violence linked to the coronavirus pandemic in 2020 has been widely noted previously, with an FBI report last year showing homicides increased 30%.

The CDC report goes further in placing the rate of homicides caused by firearms to the highest level in 26 years, while also noting disparities based on race, ethnicity and poverty.

The firearm homicide rate, measured per 100,000 people, rose from 4.6 in 2019 to 6.1 in 2020, the report said, with a strong correlation to poverty.

Among African Americans, the rate was 26.6 deaths per 100,000, a 39.5% increase over 2019. For white Americans, the rate was 2.2 per 100,000.