Page 143 of 827 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243643 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 12391
    Extraordinary Member

I actually wonder if this R. Kelly stuff will pour into comics.

As much as people talk about Kitty Pryde's love life, not much stigma has followed her various male suitors. However, the Pym-slap has followed Hank Pym for decades.

I am sure DC will continue the bury the Hal Jordan/Arisia relationship.

But I keep looking at Slade Wilson, and the never-ending attempts by DC to elevate his character despite him being a true Chester the Child Molester.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Slades a villain though. He is supposed to suck.
    Too bad Wolfman didn't know that. He honestly thought Slade was, at worst, a tragic anti hero. If you watch a DVD extra on the Teen Titans: Judas Contract movie, he clearly saw Slade as the victim not Terra.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I actually wonder if this R. Kelly stuff will pour into comics.

As much as people talk about Kitty Pryde's love life, not much stigma has followed her various male suitors. However, the Pym-slap has followed Hank Pym for decades.

I am sure DC will continue the bury the Hal Jordan/Arisia relationship.

But I keep looking at Slade Wilson, and the never-ending attempts by DC to elevate his character despite him being a true Chester the Child Molester.
    I hope it doesn't for the simple fact that superhero comics in general suck at dealing with sex crimes and the fallout. See Identity Crisis, Devin Grayson's Nightwing, Wolfman's Titans, Morrison's X-Men, Morrison's Batman etc.

Extraordinary Member

Slades a villain though. He is supposed to suck.
    True, but DC puts in the effort to make Slade.....cool.

True, but DC puts in the effort to make Slade.....cool.
    Maybe Slade is just a man of culture nad realizes 14 years old can be mature adults!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

To me, Slade is as much a pariah as Arthur Light.

Now, I have "bump & grind" in my head.

I can't shake this image of a live action film starring Slade & Light....directed by Zack Snyder.....with the soundtrack provided by....you guessed it....R. Kelly!

Extraordinary Member

Maybe Slade is just a man of culture nad realizes 14 years old can be mature adults!

Extraordinary Member

Just replace Aaliyah & Kelly with Terra & Deathstroke.

God I hate that album cover.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    It's strange, back when this came out, I like a lot of people wasn't even 18 at the time. I guess when you are young like that you assume adults would somehow have vetted this whole thing. Instead it was just the first speed bump.

I guess Rob had a birthday celebration in the Chi yesterday and it wasn't short on attendees.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    It's strange, back when this came out, I like a lot of people wasn't even 18 at the time. I guess when you are young like that you assume adults would somehow have vetted this whole thing. Instead it was just the first speed bump.

I guess Rob had a birthday celebration in the Chi yesterday and it wasn't short on attendees.
    I was 13, and I remember my parents just liked the song. But once news about how old Aaliyah was hit and her being married to R. Kelly, I vividly remember my dad chucking this album and 12 Play in the trash.

He was furious.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Art by Matari Bain
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post

Art by Matari Bain
    That is a great image.

African comic anthology

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/stories-...-rOVUjl2KoCHWw

I participated in this kickstarter. One of the many books I have that I still need to read.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    When I first saw it, I didn't know that was R.Kelly at first, or about their relationship. In retrospect, I think someone should photoshop Chris Hanson in there.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Too bad Wolfman didn't know that. He honestly thought Slade was, at worst, a tragic anti hero. If you watch a DVD extra on the Teen Titans: Judas Contract movie, he clearly saw Slade as the victim not Terra.
    Yeah, Slade was an Anti Hero at worst but TERRA was the sociopathic Demon Seed that was the real villain and the comic is pretty clear on that point.

This is pretty indefensible by today's standards and was suspect even at the time(remember I was talking about the media and teeny-banging? I'm sure Wolfman and Perez saw how Brooke Shields and Linda Blair were presented back in the day and thought "**** it, we can do that too.")

At least I HOPE that was what they were thinking.....

Why the DVD revisited that plotline in this era is beyond me....

Just replace Aaliyah & Kelly with Terra & Deathstroke.

Since I haven't seen this album cover in decades. I honestly forgot how damn creepy it is. It's basically a signed confession to Pedophilia. Holy Crap.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 01-10-2019 at 12:27 PM.