Page 793 of 828 FirstFirst ... 293693743783789790791792793794795796797803 ... LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,895 of 12408

Scholastic allegedly lets schools exclude “diverse” texts from book fairs

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2023/10/...om-book-fairs/

Yalitza Aparicio Executive Producing Thriller Loosely Inspired by Infamous U.S. Slave Labor Case

https://www.themarysue.com/yalitza-a...ve-labor-case/

Invincible Member

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Default Love Murder Basketball BL Manga Coming from Tokyopop on November 28th

Article Summary:

- "Love Murder Basketball", a murder mystery BL Manga, is set to be published by Tokyopop on November 28.
    - The Manga, featuring a story by Kurutta Hito and artwork by Tsunderuuu, explores dark and psychological themes.
    - Based on a popular webtoon, the series portrays the complex relationship between a Yakuza boss's son and a well-known athlete.
    - Kurutta Hito incorporates his own experiences of racial identity into the Blasian (Black & Asian) character Goro Nakamura.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/love...november-28th/
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Mighty Member

Wow..... Nobody here talking about the BASS REEVES tv series set within the Yellowstone universe.

2 fantabulous eps are out. David Oyelowo brings his peak A-Game up front in this.

Series title= LAWMEN: BASS REEVES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Wow..... Nobody here talking about the BASS REEVES tv series set within the Yellowstone universe.

2 fantabulous eps are out. David Oyelowo brings his peak A-Game up front in this.

Series title= LAWMEN: BASS REEVES
    BLACK COWBOY LEGEND- US MARSHALL/ SHERIFF BASS REEVES*

Finally .....the Legend of U.S Marshall Sheriff Bass Reeves gets his long awaited tv series. However *it will be set within the Yellowstone series franchise* so i suspect some creative changes might be applied to Bass Reeves story. Either way, i still eagerly await this series, hopefully nit doesn't disappoint.

*Fun facts about Bass Reeves:*

.... Several historians [not all] believe that he is the inspiration for the creation of cowboy sheriff Superhero "The Lone Ranger" .

....He was a slave who became one of the First earliest black Sheriff's in US history. He is definitely the most legendary black sheriff/ U.S Marshall.

.... lived with Native Americans and later became multi-lingual able to speak English and several native American languages.

....Developed hunting and tracking skills learned from Native Americans which contributed greatly to his tenure as a sheriff and a cowboy detective.

... He caught a respectable number of over 3,000 fugitives and criminals.

.....Certainly, he was in several cowboy gun battles but he was NEVER wounded. Remember this was the Wild Wild West were everybody and their granny had guns. Gun shootouts were random and in high regularity. Apparently, during many of the shootouts, it was either his belt deflecting a bullet or his cowboy hat being shot of his head but never got hit by bullets.😂😂😂.

During his tenure he only shot and *killed* 14 people shootouts implying he would shoot to wound, not shoot to kill and only in self defense.

.... Developed sharp shooting skills so good that.... apparently....some shooting competitions would ban him from participating.

....This guy had such an unbreakable code of honor to the level that he even hunted down his own son for murder and took him to prison himself where his son served 11 years.

.... Reeves had 11 children from 2 wives. The 1st wife died of illness before he married a 2nd wife years later.

.... And on top of being amongst the first black cowboy sheriffs/ US Marshalls, he is also the great grand UNCLE of the First black US federal judge in American history.

Ultimate Member

The whole discourse around The Marvels bombing I must say has been OVER THE TOP. It's happening like this because it's a movie with minority female-leads and minority female director. Seriously, even Stephen King who isn't into comic book movies or culture noticed how caustic the whole thing is.

Yes, the movie has been a historic bomb (a lot of people already saw it coming) but "reputable" trades like "The Hollywood Reporter" and even "Variety" seem to be putting out hit pieces on Nia DaCosta. Seriously, Variety mentioned that DaCosta started shooting a movie when The Marvels was in pre-production which a LOT of people in the industry have come out to say is absolutely normal practice. The latest is The Hollywood Reporter said that DaCosta missed a screening for The Marvels, only for us to find out she actually went to a birthday event...HER OWN BIRTHDAY . So, why is THR is even reporting that sort of nonsense? I'm not even going to address the Washington Post review of The Marvels which was flat out sexist (unironically, reviews like that justified what Brie Larson said about the critics pool).

It looks like the "Nerdrotics/Geeks and Gamers" types are now involved in "mainstream discourse". I'm not at all trying to exaggerate here, it really does look like their types are working at major trades these days. A lot of people seem to be taking a victory lap over The Marvels failing not just because it's a superhero movie but it's a superhero movie with female leads directed by a black woman. We saw a similar thing to A Wrinkle in Time but on a lower scale.

Now, I am not defending Marvel/Disney here (they've made a rod for their own back with some their very, very dumb decisions) but that doesn't justify the absolute double-standard that's being echoed in the mainstream. This stuff has pretty severe consequences particularly for minority and female actors and creators. An example of some of these double standards is the completely unhinged reaction to Rachel Zelger. The young lady has admittedly said some ridiculous stuff, but another actor-Jacob Elordi, just said some very, very dumb sh!t recently (he literally took a dump on his previous projects), and people aren't going on him in the same way they did with Rachel Zegler. This is a guy that's acts Euphoria but said that playing Superman was "too dark for him" . Make it make sense. Another example of this, is when some folks called out Chris Pratt for his religious beliefs, some of his Marvel co-stars all sprung to his defense, whereas when Brie Larson got literal hate campaigns directed towards her, the only person that defended her from the Marvel side was Samuel L. Jackson, not a peep from her co-stars.
    Last edited by Username taken; 11-21-2023 at 04:28 PM.

Ultimate Member

Meanwhile, Melissa Barrera has been fired off Scream 7 for comments she made about the Israeli-Palestine conflict.

I read her comments, is that enough for her get fired off a major project like this??

Seems pretty harsh. The message to anyone else is "keep your damn mouth shut!".

I'm trying to figure out if they're gonna recast her or she'll be "gone" like Sydney now. I guess they could restructure the franchise around Jenna Ortega's character.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I'm trying to figure out if they're gonna recast her or she'll be "gone" like Sydney now. I guess they could restructure the franchise around Jenna Ortega's character.
    Funny enough, Jenna Ortega has been saying some Pro-Palestinian things as well.

She'll probably have to scale it back or else she'll get canned.

The Scream producers are crazy guys, these guys canned Neve Campbell (the main actress of the franchise) and continued.

Ultimate Member

Re: Nia DaCosra, even Forbes noted how folks are really trying to mess her up.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...onths-now/amp/

The discourse around the Marvels is out of control and some people are really trying to throw DaCosta under the bus.

There was a thread about her on Reddit and I thought the dude bros there were tear her apart but interestingly a lot of folks there were defending her. You know it's bad when some dude bros are defending Nia DaCosta.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Meanwhile, Melissa Barrera has been fired off Scream 7 for comments she made about the Israeli-Palestine conflict.

I read her comments, is that enough for her get fired off a major project like this??

Seems pretty harsh. The message to anyone else is "keep your damn mouth shut!".
    Eh

When you work, you don't comment on religion, politics, or sex.

I don't feel sorry for stupid, just keep your mouth shut.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html