Page 354 of 824 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 12354
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    "I was called the N-word": Black Survivor all-stars reveal racism behind the scenes

https://news.avclub.com/i-was-called...rev-1844171814

I didn't watch the show but I can believe them.

I remember watching Endurance (Discovery Kids/NBC).

It lasted 6 years.

The first season the black kids made it to the final four and a black girl was co-winner.

The other seasons...it felt like they were TRYING to get rid of the black kids as fast as they could. Especially season 2 with Scooter.

Although in the final season a black girl won.

I found this post about a mini comic about tropes to avoid or be careful about using when creating black and indigenous characters. Examples include the mammie, dark-skinned blonde, stoic savage and colorism.

https://superohclair.tumblr.com/post...as-to-consider

Ultimate Member

Not sure what's going through Terry Crew's head these days...

https://twitter.com/i/events/1277983929966813191

Of all the criticism you bring against BLM or the protests, he's really going to run with this "black supremacy" thing?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post

Of all the criticism you bring against BLM or the protests, he's really going to run with this "black supremacy" thing?
    I honestly don’t know where he’s coming from with the stuff he’s saying. His statements seem to be indirectly going against the protest. Between his earlier tweet and his refusal to defend Gabrielle Union when she experienced racism on AGT, Crews seems to be trying too hard to maintain his standing with the white community.

Everyone knows what triggered the protests and what BLM has asked for has been pretty clear. Why Crews keeps going to the “black supremacy” thing when that’s not even being asserted is quite bizarre.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I honestly don’t know where he’s coming from with the stuff he’s saying. His statements seem to be indirectly going against the protest. Between his earlier tweet and his refusal to defend Gabrielle Union when she experienced racism on AGT, Crews seems to be trying too hard to maintain his standing with the white community.

Everyone knows what triggered the protests and what BLM has asked for has been pretty clear. Why Crews keeps going to the “black supremacy” thing when that’s not even being asserted is quite bizarre.
    Yeah, that's kinda what I thought. But what's funny is, who does he think he has to suck up too? BLM has gotten a lot of white support right now, corporation are (performatively if not in reality) supporting the struggle against racism, and even white conservatives who are against the riots can admit that George Floyd was murdered. It's like he doesn't want white folks mad at him but most white folks actually support the cause to one degree or another ( or at least the people who would hire him do).

I have no problems with criticizing any movements, but this black supremacy thing aint it. It is a non issue.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I think there is a fear of if you give in to this so-called black supremacy thing-things will get worst based on the state of black run or majority cities like Baltimore or Detroit. Or a ton of cases of reverse discrimination towards whites.

The thinking you will see black versions of Trump or guys liek Shawn King get into power and really screw things up.

I don't know who he is trying to make feel better. because there have been non-blacks who have always felt the same way about some of the topics black folks have bought up.

The reason why change has been so slow is because folks have some type of support to defend them or get them into power or refuse to look at both sides.

As we have seen in comics-it's okay to have toxic men in comics, harass POC, women and LGBTQ & bully an extended cut of a film. But a black storm trooper, Riri Williams and so on is an issue that warrant fit throwing.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post

He's a shill. There's more I could say but it would not be appropriate for this forum.

The thing I don't understand is it was Black people who supported him when he came out about being sexually harassed by that white exec. Then he turns around and complains about so-called Black supremacy. This while Black people die with impunity in the United States and worldwide. It's insulting but sadly there are upper class Black people who are more concerned about getting in good with white people then anything else. It's pathetic.

Whomever Crews is the megaphone for, just, COULDN'T be gettin' their- giant, 50-year old backward Twilight Zone talkin' ass moneys worth outta this guy right... Or maybe they are.
    Last edited by Surf; 07-01-2020 at 04:18 PM.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

Whomever Crews is the megaphone for, just, COULDN'T be gettin' their- giant, 50-year old backward Twilight Zone talkin' ass moneys worth outta this guy right... [B]Or[/B ]maybe they are.
    But who would that be??

Extraordinary Member

Yeah Terry has been suspect from the beginning imo. So glad he didn't play Luke Cage like some ppl suggested. Anthony Mackie has been playing himself lately too.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah Terry has been suspect from the beginning imo. So glad he didn't play Luke Cage like some ppl suggested. Anthony Mackie has been playing himself lately too.
    What did Mackie say?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What did Mackie say?
    He said Marvel was racist for hiring so many black ppl to work on Black Panther. Because in his mind that means they feel black ppl aren't good enough to work on films with predominantly white ppl. Just twisted the alt right dudes on yt just jumped on it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    He said Marvel was racist for hiring so many black ppl to work on Black Panther. Because in his mind that means they feel black ppl aren't good enough to work on films with predominantly white ppl. Just twisted the alt right dudes on yt just jumped on it.
    Given his views on respectability, its probably only a matter of time for that guy.

I will say however that he was taken out of contest this time.

His issue was where were all the POC PAs, Camerapersons and Stuntpeople that the Black Panther movie had employed in the 5+ Marvel movies he'd been in prior to that?

Obviously, Marvel can find them when they want to. But all this time the only other Black person HE saw during production was his stuntman ( and/or Boseman and his stunt double).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Given his views on respectability, its probably only a matter of time for that guy.

I will say however that he was taken out of contest this time.

His issue was where were all the POC PAs, Camerapersons and Stuntpeople that the Black Panther movie had employed in the 5+ Marvel movies he'd been in prior to that?

Obviously, Marvel can find them when they want to. But all this time the only other Black person HE saw during production was his stuntman ( and/or Boseman and his stunt double).
    Yeah I get it. But saying "Hiring a black crew for BP was more racist than anything." Like he had to know ppl were gonna jump on that and take it out of context. Or maybe he didn't, the guy just comes across as an idiot.