Page 713 of 827 FirstFirst ... 213613663703709710711712713714715716717723763813 ... LastLast
Results 10,681 to 10,695 of 12395

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I actually used to practice capoeria when I was in high school. I kind of can't anymore. Stupid back pain, yoga helps but I still have flares. It's still kind of sad how Capoeria, along with boxing and kickboxing, are the only fighting styles black characters get pidgeon holed into in fighting games.
    I think ninjutsu is about to join that category.

Anyone watch Prey? Was it solid Predator stuff?

the woman kid wariror thing seems dumb as hell but I don't care about htat, how is hte predator action lol?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

the woman kid wariror thing seems dumb as hell but I don't care about htat, how is hte predator action lol?
    i watched it. It starts off very slow. I gave it a C+
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I thought it was dope. It was underdog story, ol girl was a might older than it's led I think. She had the heart of a hunter out of the gate and in that context it works a bit better. She was WAY overpowered at the end, specially after how much carnage she saw first hand by the Predator, it made her little bit of reaction stick out.

As far as the Predator stuff, this one had his hands full with Comanche's, about a dozen French fur trappers AND a bear. Shoutout to the fuckin' bear lol. The look of this Predator with the bug eyes is a little different for me but other than that the monster was solid. Did a lot of **** under the invisibility cloak too.

So, Hulu has all of them and I watched the original all the way through at 1 in the morning on Saturday. Man, all this time I don't know why thought Carl Weathers KNEW about the Predator. He didn't know ****, he was 100% there for the downed copter from the jump.

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

It is so weird seeing all the "law and order" people turn on the FBI. Though I guess it's only because they did to Trump what they do to all of us.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Prey was trash. It should be consigned to the garbage heap of history and swallowed by a supermassive black hole. TRAAAASH.

lol, just kidding, I thought it was fucking rad. It did everything perfectly. The main character wasn't a "badass female warrior" who could unrealistically take and give as much damage as a man (although there was a pretty satisfying scene where she thumped an ******* from her village who kept giving her ****). She was a super observant hunter who paid attention to her surroundings, learned from her mistakes, and also learned from her enemy's mistakes. She was also ruthless as hell. No mercy with any of her attacks, because she was small and weak, so she didn't dare hold back ever. Her brother was awesome too, and I posit that he would have handed the Predator his ass if this Predator wasn't a cheating coward.

That was the biggest disappointment to me. This Predator was an *******. He showed no respect to anyone, and even when it was 1-vs-1, he always tried to cheat.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Invincible Member

It is so weird seeing all the "law and order" people turn on the FBI. Though I guess it's only because they did to Trump what they do to all of us.
    It's cracking me up seeing all these Republicans having a meltdown. Marjorie Tyler Greene is even out there on some "Defund the FBI" stuff!

Having said that, I think a lot of the pundits are faking their indignation. They know their audience loves Trump so they ( the conservative talking heads who make money being fake mad about Mr Potatohead etc) have to pretend this is some egregious act.

How dare the FBI raid Trump. Who do they think they are? *Law* enforcement?!

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    That was the biggest disappointment to me. This Predator was an *******. He showed no respect to anyone, and even when it was 1-vs-1, he always tried to cheat.
    I love that the predator is a cheating coward. That makes me want to watch this even more. An unsportsman like predator is awesome.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I thought it was dope. It was underdog story, ol girl was a might older than it's led I think. She had the heart of a hunter out of the gate and in that context it works a bit better. She was WAY overpowered at the end, specially after how much carnage she saw first hand by the Predator, it made her little bit of reaction stick out.

As far as the Predator stuff, this one had his hands full with Comanche's, about a dozen French fur trappers AND a bear. Shoutout to the fuckin' bear lol. The look of this Predator with the bug eyes is a little different for me but other than that the monster was solid. Did a lot of **** under the invisibility cloak too.

So, Hulu has all of them and I watched the original all the way through at 1 in the morning on Saturday. Man, all this time I don't know why thought Carl Weathers KNEW about the Predator. He didn't know ****, he was 100% there for the downed copter from the jump.

Yeah, that Bear did a number on the Predator.

The movie was awesome. Good violence, good blood, and good action.

I actually thought Naru's brother (can't remember his name) was a pretty cool character too and would have made a pretty good protagonist.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, that Bear did a number on the Predator.

The movie was awesome. Good violence, good blood, and good action.

I actually thought Naru's brother (can't remember his name) was a pretty cool character too and would have made a pretty good protagonist.
    Taabe. He really was cool. A lesser movie would have made him a sexist bully, but he was pretty encouraging to his sister minus that one part, but that was only because he was scared she might get injured. More movies should have characters who are comfortable with in their own skins and not threatened by women wanting to excel too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I love that the predator is a cheating coward. That makes me want to watch this even more. An unsportsman like predator is awesome.
    He'll piss you off! He really will!
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post

He'll piss you off! He really will!
    Good! It feels way more realistic that he's willing to cut corners if he thinks his life is in danger. Sportsmanship is the privilege of the power in this context. :P

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

There is a strange love here for cops and the military. Most kids only join the service because of the GI bill, there are a lot of other benefits of being in the military as well. There have been a million tv shows about cops. In fact Police unions (which are as corrupt as the day is long) are the only labor unions right wingers don't seem to have a problem with.
    Most Cop shows are Copaganda. Every cop in these shows break the law but it is treated as 'the ends justifying the means'. Internal affairs is treated as the worst thing ever. Cop shows are good entertainment but a terrible example of what actual police work should be like in real life.

U.S cops have vastly more legal protection and power than in most other western democratic countries. Factor in U.S cops often have far less training and entry level requirements than law enforcement in other countries and you can see why they tend to attract not the best people for the job. When you have commissioners and mayors saying it is really hard to get rid of bad cops them you know something is really wrong with your system.

The U.S military only gives Hollywood access if they portray them in a positive light so there is a level of propaganda with their portrayal as well. Val Kilmer said he had reservations about doing the first Top Gun film due to the propaganda elements.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...gy-1235198863/

The Academy has issued an apology to Sacheen Littlefeather for her treatment during the 1973 Oscars.